“Great overnight stay at Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel”

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I and two other couples recently stayed one night at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel after a week long sailboat charter. I was thrilled when the hotel opened, as there aren't many options on St John for short one or two night stays and the location allowed us to walk from the ferry dock. The hotel was great, owner Denise was extremely accommodating, and even allowed my wife and I to have a late checkout so that we could take a later ferry and enjoy the island a bit more before coming back to reality. The rooms were clean, the bathroom shower was hot (something that isn't all that common) and there is air conditioning available (we didn't us it). If you need a place to stay in Cruz Bay, I would highly recommend it! The only word of caution I would give if you haven't been to the island before: this hotel is in the middle of Cruz Bay. There will be noise and lots of activities around you since you are in the middle of the main town. My wife and I had no issues with noise and slept wonderfully, but you should know this is an active area of the island.

Room Tip: We loved the front room on the top level
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Staying at Cruz Bay Boutique was an amazing experience for us! The owners David and Denise are awesome! They gave us so many suggestions on things to do - very attentitive! The morning breakfast was a great touch and nice to meet the other travelers and speak to Denise or David. Since we have come home even we email or call and they have all the answers to St John related questions. The room 5 we stayed in was always super clean- we liked the beamed ceiling and small balcony it had. We are returning soon and we are with a big group so unfortunately we can't all fit (we rented a villa). But my husband and I will definitely be back when it's us again! Such a great location!!! Loved this place!

Room Tip: Room 5 has a cute little balcony! High ceilings!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvtotravel79
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Sharon and I enjoyed our visit to the hotel immensely. Denise and David, the owners, were acceessible and genuinely care about their guests. The small hotel is charming and provides easy access to Cruz Bay and St John. Our room was comfortable and exceeded our expectations. We had a small balcony that overlooked a small parking lot. I learned to appreiate the skills of the parking attndents that squeezed the cars into their places. Their endeavors did not produce any disturbing noise. Additionally, we had numerous trees adjacent to the balcony that provided habitat for a couple of Pearly Eyed Thrashers. They sang in the morning and afternoon. Surprisingly their motivation was Doritos. In the morning at breakfast, David and other travelers, exchanged valuable informtion regarding the town, hiking and beaches. Denise provided tips on restaurants and recommended Driftwood Dave's. This establishment not only had wonderful food but also had a talented group of musicians. We hope to return in two years.

3  Thank Donkprice
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Hotel was new and clean. Rooms were small but met our needs. My wife believes they could use a hairdryer in the rooms. Breakfast was included. If you have a rental car you will need to park it a few blocks away at the car ferry. Great location which is walking distance from ferry and most of the good restaurants on St. John. Owners were friendly and helpful.

2  Thank 4Gs
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My girlfriend & I love a good deal...but we demand comfort & a few other amenities as well. We spent hours upon hours on the web searching for suitable accommodations on St. John & yet we kept going back to this cool little Boutique Hotel. We could have spent a lot more money...that would have been easy! But why? We wanted to spend our money on our Vacation experience not the room! So if you want a clean room with a hot shower and a super comfortable bed with "THREAD COUNT" for a fair price, then you will find it all at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel on St. John. Location is great for enjoying all that Cruz Bay has to offer.

Time Spent there: 3 days
Time we wish we had spent there: 5 days
Overall Satisfaction with the Staff: "-11-" yes that is an 11...outstanding hospitality!
Complimentary Breakfast: Quite Good...Fresh Fruits...Baked goods ...GREAT COFFEE!!
Location: We liked being in town, walking distance to restaurants, beach bars, shops, ETC

Special Note: The Italian Restaurant located on the ground floor is "Fantastic!" Great service, great food, amazing value and yet misplaced! It should be in little Italy!!! A Must!

I would recommend this little Hotel to any friend , family member or stranger. To be honest the 3 days we spent in Cruz Bay were the best of our 10 day Vacation. Great memories....

The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating is because I believe EVERY Hotel or resort has room for improvement. But for the money, comfort & location you wont find a better place to lay your head in Cruz Bay...period!

TRIP TIP: You can easily catch a ferry to the BVI's from Cruz Bay...we did not know that until we were leaving. Wish we had known! Go to Jost Van Dyke for the day if you have the time.

Randy & Karen - Jan 2012

Thanks Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel! Dave & Denise you guys were great...see you again on our next trip!

Room Tip: The rooms are a bit small but the value is huge....it's comfort & location easily make up fo...
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed at the Cruz Bay Boutique for only one night in January, but we will DEFINITELY stay there again.....for much longer. Dave and Denise are extremely helpful and great hosts!
We stayed in the Penthouse which has a full kitchen. Well worth the extra money! We HIGHLY recommend visiting with them! (It was soooo clean too!)

Room Tip: If you plan to stay a while, the Penthouse has a full kitchen which is very nice....there is a small...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have traveled to St John several times in the past. On my most recent trip I brought my mother along as a birthday present as she had never been to the Virgin Islands. We stayed in the spacious penthouse which was well worth the price. The hotel is convenient to all Cruz Bay has to offer (bars, restaurants, shopping, daytrips to the BVI, etc). Denise welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The penthouse was spotless and was cleaned everyday. As stated in previous reviews, Dave, Denise, and Kathy could not have been better hosts. Breakfast is served on the veranda in the mornings which allows interaction with other guests. I noticed apple and grape juice was provided at breakfast but not orange juice. I usually drink orange juice at breakfast and asked Kathy if any was available. She said there wasn't but would see about getting some. The next morning not only was orange juice available but Dave brought me a fresh container for the room refrigerator. On another note, I had forgotten to bring my collapsible cooler for the beach. Dave loaned me his cooler which avoided me having to purchase one. My mom is a diet coke drinker and several cans of diet coke that were left behind by a guest were placed in our refrigerator. The above are examples of lodging owners going above and beyond to satisfy their guests. I will definitely be coming back to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel on my future trips to beautiful St John. I recommend this little gem to anyone seeking a clean affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!