“Great live music right on the beach”
Review of The Beach Bar

The Beach Bar
Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Grill
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Great live music right on the beach”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a band just about every night we were there and they were all good! Eat on the beach if you like. Great drinks. Friendly bar staff. Great people watching. Our favorite hangout of the trip!

Visited June 2014

Toms River, New Jersey
“Great food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I ate at the Beach Bar twice on our recent trip and had a great experience both times. They also have a great happy hour with drink specials. Our first dinner I had the house salad with Mahi & my husband had the Tuna Steak sandwich which was a thick tuna steak. Our 2nd dinner, we ordered the Tuna Bites app which was great and I had the house salad with Shrimp and my husband had the grilled chicken spinach melt. Overlooking Cruz bay this is a great spot for cheap drinks and fresh delicious food. Service can be slow during happy hour.

• Visited June 2014
“A Cruz Bay cornerstone!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Less of a "review" and more of a story... Due to unfortunate circumstances, I spent vacation in St John ALONE (as a young woman in her mid-20s, my friend/traveling companion's flight was delayed followed by her wallet being stolen in the airport...)

On my first day on the island, I hit the beach for a few hours then hopped over to the Beach Bar (alone) looking for some cold drinks, a delicious lunch, and good company.
All of the above were in abundance at the Beach Bar.

I spent the afternoon there, met some new friends, went out at night and ended up back there. The bar is unrivaled with it's inviting combination of live music, friendly crowd, and perfect location on the beach.

Bartenders are beyond friendly, the owner is a fantastically interesting and charismatic island personality, and the grilled mahi is to die for! Highly recommend the virgin island beers as well :)

Be sure to stop by this St John gem, especially since it's close by to the St Thomas ferry. You won't be disappointed!!

Westwood, Massachusetts
“Drinks on the Beach”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location for drinks and “bar” food. Several specialty drinks can make for a fun night, or lunch.

Visited April 2014
Brick, New Jersey
“Hands Down Best Place on the Island”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've been to st john numerous times and we keep going back to the beach bar because of its laid back atmosphere with fantastic food and service. The food is amazing. Its a small simple menu but I guarantee you will find something you like on there and it will be delicious. The service is out of this world. Every bartender, bar back, manager, owner and even chefs treat you like family. They truly appreciate your business and make sure you know it. The location is to die for, right on the beach in cruz bay. You can sit at the bar an overlook the gorgeous view or even sit at tables set up on the beach and dip your toes in the water. All of this combined with great entertainment you just cant beat it. My favorite place on the island hands down!