“Authentic flavor, lovely people”
Review of Sogo's Restaurant

Sogo's Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We eat here every time we're in St John. Don't be fooled by the unpretentious appearance, the food is excellent and always served with a smile.

1  Thank wanackmamak

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We ate at Sogos 3 times on our visit. It is simple looking but dont be fooled...Wonderful Flavors!! King fish in creole sauce is excellent, Jerk chicken paks a spicy PUNCH, yum!!(entrees are around $20...but u get a LOT!!! With sides)
But the chicken curry Roti $10 was the BEST!! It is made on Wednesdays & Saturdays ONLY!! So come for it!! The soup of the day was so delicious>>Pumpkin($6) and "Velt" makes homemade Johnny cakes to go with it (they are incredible, melt in your mouth GOOD)
We will be back!!! For more..

2  Thank wannabecruzin
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Tired several restaurants in Cruz Bay and hands down this was my favorite. I'm a foodie who loves quality over quantity and typical never finishes my plate. I ordered the curry goat and came close to licking my plate clean. The flavor and tenderness of the dish was perfection. Only regret is I wished we found the place earlier in our stay, as we would have gone back several times.

If you are looking for amazing carribean food Sogo is the place. Plus the owner is a really sweet, chatty and friendly man.

3  Thank Michelle23456
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were in Sogo's on an early Saturday night and had a wonderful meal! My husband and I both had a special of the day ...the king fish in creole sauce. The creole sauce was a delicious complement to the meaty king fish as were the six accompanying side dishes. We were truly surprised with my son's dish which was also a special of the day ... spaghetti with meatballs in a home made tomato sauce. The golf sized meatballs were the most tender I have ever eaten. Between the three of us we ate them all!! The johnny cakes were also a delicious treat. The If you are a foodie, then dinner at Sogo's is a must ... you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Spent the afternoon in St John, late April 2013, with friends and had lunch at SoGo's restaurant. We started out with the conch fritters but like the other reviews, they were not impressive, more bread than conch, but this was the only disappointment. We ordered the frozen Passion Fruit Daiquiris, topped with rum, they were just the best! Our main course was Curry Goat with rice and veggies, the meat was tender and delicious, the rice and veggies were hot, tender and good. We did not order dessert, just another round of the incrediable daiquiris. The owner's waited on us and they were warm, friendly and hospitable. I would highly recommend SoGo's, it a bit off of the beaten path, but well worth the trip.

1  Thank crystalcove