“Great sandwiches for the beach”
Review of Sam & Jack's Deli

Sam & Jack's Deli
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stopped here for sandwiches just about every day on our way to the beach. They had lots of interesting combinations, plus house-made potato chips! And the Starfish Market is right downstairs if you want to pick up fruit to tuck into your cooler.

Just make sure you grab plenty of napkins. Some of the sandwiches make for messy beach eating!

1  Thank sks028
There are newer reviews for Sam & Jack's Deli

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am not a fan of cold cuts and lunchmeat...so when we decided to go to a deli while in St. John, my expectations were low. Little did I know it would become one of our favorite places to eat on the island! Sam & Jacks is no Subway - instead it offers mouthwatering carved meats, fresh veggies, homemade chips and some amazing condiments (including a cranberry walnut aioli that is fantastic). If you are a turkey lover don't miss the Uncle Peep - although a warning, once you have one it will be hard to convince yourself to try anything else. And, the sandwiches are huge! One can serve as lunch for me for two days or one filling lunch for my husband. Sam & Jacks also offers meals to go which is a great alternative to eating out or cooking at home. From pot pies to lasagne or tortellini there is always something that catches our eye when we stop in. Which is now at least twice a trip :) don't miss it! Also, note the deli is cash only, but there is an ATM nearby if you forget.

2  Thank sugarmags07
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place has the most amazingly tasty sandwiches and salads. So many places try to bill themselves as "gourmet" but Sam & Jack's takes the prize. The flavor combinations are amazing. The prices are very good. I can't wait to go back next year and try some of the prepared dinners!

2  Thank 61liac
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stopped here a couple of times while staying at Garden by the Sea in April. Really big sandwiches as the previous reviews note. Our service was good so they must have fixed that issue. My wife and I had to split the sandwiches they were so big. I guess if there's a downside it would be the location, 3 floors up in the Starfish market, but it's really not that big a deal. This place would probably kill it if it was right in the heart of Cruz Bay. Not that they're not killing it now.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just returned from STJ and had lunch 4 out of 8 days at San and Jacks. We ate at our bills 3 days and S and J was closed on Sunday. Fast,friendly,fresh and great tasting. What more can you ask for? We also had their pasta with truffles as a side dish one night. Awesome and plenty for four side dishes.

2  Thank pine1010