“Wow! Great ribs!”

Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local neighborhood sports bar and restaurant that offers fresh burgers, ribs, fish wings and fries. Daily specials ..Live music and dance nights..Call for more info
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I shared a full rack of ribs and we both wished we got a rack of our own. Very tender, great sauce. The mashed potatoes and cooked carrots on the side were delicious as we'll. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Heard about this place from another vacationer. Ribs were fall off the bone tender and tasty. Wife had a delicious pasta dish and an excellent cocktail (mango tango). A nice alternative to some of the fancier restaurants.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Ribs fell right off the bone; sauce was good but needed more of it! Mussels and shrimp in wine sauce done just right. Needs some bug control on the patio.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Because of the rave reviews, Mrs Pajoob and I went to Driftwood Dave's, me for the ribs and Mrs for the fish. We were a bit reluctant to stay when we saw that we would be the only people in the place. A few people came in while we were eating but they were just trying to find out where they could have a few beers, shoot some pool, or listen to music.
I ordered the spring rolls for starters. A few minutes later our waitress returned saying they were out. I settled on the shrimp appetizer and was not disappointed. Good size and tasty.
I ordered the ribs with french fries and Mrs had the fish of the day which was Mahi Mahi. She enjoyed her entree pretty much but I have come to realize over the years that she has never had a bad fish dinner. My ribs, however, we're nothing special. They were juicy and "fall off the bone" but you can get that anywhere. To me, the quality of BBQ ribs relies on the sauce and Dave's sauce was a bit common. I have tasted the same sauce in any number of rib joints back here on the mainland.
The service was pretty good save for running out of spring rolls on a night that saw very few customers. I had a feeling they just didn't have them at all that night. We liked Dave even though he is from South Carolina and we dined at his place just after his Gamecocks trounced my Razorbacks 52-7 just a couple of days before. He complimented a couple of our players but I think he was just being nice.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I were not too enthusiastic about having ribs instead of seafood on an island, but because of the reviews we tried them. Those ribs were really the best ribs I have ever eaten. they were so tender and so flavorful at the same time. The potato salad was also some of the best I have had. We liked this meal so much that we came back the next night and had the ribs and potato salad again. The cook and the owner were so nice and friendly. This restaurant truly deserves the high tripadvisor rating.