Cruz Views Condos
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$242
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$535
US$444
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$235
TripAdvisor
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
US$213
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteep hillsized bedthe kitchenliving roomparking spotclose to townevery morningcondobalconycoolerjohnislandparadise
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just got back from Punta Cana and could not help but compare it my experience on St John. We were at Dreams which is an all inclusive resort on the beach in the Dominican Republic. We were there for a wedding..The beach had 4 feet of Seaweed floating in the water and another foot or so on the beach. The staff removed as much as they could but the beach was un usable and the water was grey-brown. I like to see my feet. In St John I count my toes in 6 ft of water--PC maybe 1 inch...The rooms (and I had four) all smelled badly of mildew. I was at Cruz Views 1 in January and there is no comparison. At CV1 the AC works, it did not smell,and had a great view, plus it was all brand new and close to town CruzBay).There really was no town in PC The staff at Dreams was impeccable, and the service almost flawless but the constant party thingy, lack of beach,and cloudy pool took away from it. The pool at Cruz Views was always clean and the evenings are so quiet. I am returning to Cruz Views in January and am so looking forward to it. I feel like St John has spoiled me now and everything else out there is.........well.....compared to St John

Room Tip: CV-1,3,5,10 and maybe 4 have been renovated recently
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank 759Grandpa1
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Cruz Views Villas
We stayed at Cruz Views #3. Cruz Views is managed by Caribbean Villas and they have representatives on the island.
A Caribbean Villa representative who showed us to our villa met us at the ferry dock.
I can't tell you how happy we were with Cruz Views #3. This villa was so perfect for the two of us. It has one bedroom and a loft. It was so clean and bug free. We were amazed that we didn't see one bug in the villa the entire time we were there. We loved the way it was decorated and the bathroom was especially beautiful. We greatly appreciated all the amenities such as the DVD player, TVs both down stairs and in the bedroom, plenty of plush towels, quality sheets on the beds, two types of ice chests, beach chairs, four beach towels, and even swim noodles. We loved having WiFi that worked so well. We also appreciated the supplied paper products and new sealed dish washing sponge and the tote bag with coffee and other treats. We enjoyed quite a bit of time on our balcony which was private and had a fan to keep us cool. It had amazing views of Cruz Bay and St Thomas. We enjoyed watching the car ferries pull in and out of port. It was so nice to relax on our balcony each morning for breakfast and in the evening when we enjoyed the lights of St. Thomas and the stars. One negative was that the mattress needs to be replaced. It was soft in places and broken down.
There is a small shallow pool but we did not use it.
The local agents were wonderful and gave us great service. We needed to call them about a couple minor problems and/or questions and they responded immediately. We had an electrical problem and someone was sent to fix it the same morning.
I was impressed with how quickly Caribbean Villas answered all my e-mail questions before the trip.
Hopefully we will be able to return to Cruz Views soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rugesana
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I crossed Cruz Views off my list a few years ago for various reasons, but I thought I'd give it another try. Choosing Unit #8 was a big mistake. To reach #8 you need to go down more than 22 steep and narrow steps - a complete nightmare for carrying luggage or groceries. The unit itself was dark and depressing with furniture that I would have to describe as tired. No towels were hung in the bathroom, there was no radio alarm clock, the kitchen was equipped to the absolute minimum and I discovered how scant cleaning supplies were went the coffee maker went ballistic ans spewed grounds all over the wall. (Fortunately I was able to borrow another coffee maker from an unoccupied unit. Sunny, the caretaker was and always has been exceptionally nice.) The phone was out of order during my entire stay and the view was awful. It looks out at a huge condominium complex where work has stopped and the place remains unfinished. It's not a pretty sight. All porch areas were screened in (one functioned as the dining room) and there was no access to sun, so plan to carry your towels, books, sunscreen, lunch and drinks up those 22 steps to the pool area. I was so pleased to leave unit #8 and enjoy the rest of my St. John visit elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't rent a unit on the bottom level of Cruz Views. Rent a car - the hill to CV is VERY steep!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank MockoJumbie
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Very comfortable accomodations with incredible views!! This was a romantic getaway on a beautiful island with coral beaches and warm waters. Cruz Views 9 was perfect for our trip to this special place. We highly recommend Cruz Views #9!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nickcolorado
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We stayed in Cruz Views #1 for several days and finished up our stay in #10 after having several issues with unit #1. I will not go into great detail, but problems were primarily due to poor upkeep and a lack of cleanliness. We are campers,so suffice to say, #1 needs an overhaul if we found it lacking. I would not recommend it for another reason: It sits atop the hill, west-facing. The air is only in the back bedroom, so the place is roasting in the afternoon and early evening. If your habit is the hit happy hour and dinner in town, this might not be an issue. We cook our dinners to save money, so cooking in a 84 degree kitchen was no picnic.
Cruz Views #10 is absolutely lovely. It is positioned down the slope with a large private deck facing flowers and trees. We got alot of joy out of counting the iguanas in the trees each morning. The unit is clean & well appointed. The bedroom was fine for the hubby & me. The loft was very cute & worked well for our two teens. (It is not a good choice for kids younger than 7 - IMHO). The kitchen was well stocked.
I would recommend Cruz Views to families or active adults. The entire complex is on a series of hill and decks. You WILL get a workout. I would suggest renting a jeep. We tried braving the hill, as it is not a long walk. We gave up after a couple days. The traffic is treacherous and the hills to the complex are KILLER. Rent a jeep & you will have access to all of St. John's beauty, as well as the ability to save major bucks by making your own meals, drinks, and snacks.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family