“Great Vacation”
Review of Cruz Views Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Cruz Views Condos
Illinois
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

My husband, son, and I stayed in Cruz Views Condos #10 for 7 nights. We were met at the dock by a representative from Caribbean Villas and escorted to the condo. Before leaving the representative walked us through the unit, describing all of the amenities. We couldn't have been happier anywhere else. Although the unit's square footage is small (about 400 sq.ft) it suited our purposes; my son slept in the loft, we stayed in the master bedroom The unit is very well stocked. Kitchen equipment and utensils met all our needs. The outdoor grill was an added benefit and used during our stay. The view from the unit is beautiful.
You do need a car to get around unless you are a very strong walker since Cruz Views is up a steep hill. Even on the condo property there are many stairs.The car allowed us to check out beaches we've never been to on St. John.
We know we will return to St. John and when we do, we will check the availability of unit #10 before we look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank d_pdly_2004

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We did not receive the same service or condo that was on Cruz Views web site. We recently stayed at Cruz Views for a week. Upon our arrival, we were hastily taken to the condo and told we could call a taxi and get one in 5 minutes to take us to the grocery store. We had just traveled 12 hours to get to St john and had carry on luggage and wanted to pick up dinner and breakfast items. Our greeter from the villa was in a hurry because he did not want to get a parking ticket and did not want to wait for us to get a taxi at the the dock and follow him up to Cruz Views and then take the taxi to the store, We tried all eveing to get a taxi- for hours.We called the number Cruz Views gave us for a taxi and others to no avail. I tried calling the Cruz Views office for a phone number for a taxi or food delivery since we were having no success and left them 2 messages. The website says they have 24 hour availablity. We never heard from them. Three days later in the evening they called to see if we had checked in to the condo.
The condo had numerous issues- we had to connect the tvs, no oven, etc., fans that did not work, dirty,dvd player was brokenstair lights were out.
The villa is non smoking but the pool area is smoking and that is hard for people who are allergic to cigarette smoke.
I was told I probably should have rented a car and had provisions bought ahead of time.
Check the website. close to town and 24 hour availablity are advertised.All I would hve liked was my phone calls returned and my condo in good working condition and a pool I could enjoy,too.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paythepiper
Colorado
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed in Cruz Views # 9 for a week in June and it was terrific!! The view from the deck was amazing and the pool was perfect for a midnight swim. The condo was very cute and very accomodating for a family of four. We highly recommend the complex and especially Cruz views #9.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nickcolorado
pzone park, n.y.
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed in Unit#1 and it was o.k.
Good points; close to Cruz Bay but you still should rent a jeep.Nice pool.Nice outside deck O.k view.Great price,we payed about $125.00 per night.
Bad points; the unit needs a face lift.Bathroom old and poor water pressure.A.C. in the bedroom only and very noisy.
Overall very good value.Don't expect many ammenities but it's St.John,one of my favorite places on earth.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — needs updating
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danl8619
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2007

I notice other reviewers have been talking about the construction site across the hillside for some time now - and it's still ongoing and nowhere near finished. We were awakened each morning (except Sunday) by the knocking of the mechanical diggers. The noise went on all day and could be heard in the condo and around the pool area. We stayed in #2. The large aircon unit in the living area was not working, just the small one in the bedroom. The safe key would not work and neither TV would function. We reported the safe and tv problems to the office and they were fixed quickly. The portable chairs provided for beach use were in poor condition. Nobody told us about towels or maid service. We found the towels for ourselves and just used what we needed. No maid service at all while we were there (7 nights). It was disappointing to find that there was no washing machine/dryer in the condo. I don't know where I got the idea there would be one.
The worst thing of all was the steepness of the site and the approach road. Saying that the walk back up the hill might be 'challending' is misleading. Don't try it unless you are superfit. The first thing we did was hire a car and even then it was scary! Up a very steep access road, then a right turn into the site and immediately a very steep downward slope.
Units 3 and 4 next door to us had their own set of steps down to the pool, but we had to walk down the road a short distance to access the pool area. Again a bit of a flog to get back up.
The unit itself was generally ok, but the noise and the steepness of the site took the edge off a little bit.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The steepness of the road
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank TravellerVera
Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2007

I stayed in Cruz Views #10 on my first visit to St. John. The price and the proximity to Cruz Bay made the stay enjoyable. This is an older, charming group of 10 condo units with a spotless pool and deck area. CV #10 seemed to be the most private condo due to the nice wrap around deck landscaped on one side with trees and flowers. Good views of the sunset, harbor and the lights of STT. The condo was charming and comfortable. The kitchen was remodeled a few years ago and stocked with everything I needed to make meals at home. Dishwasher was a plus, although I only needed to use it once at the end of my stay. The living room was cozy but the furniture was in good shape.There is a small master bedroom(good bed) and a loft with 2 twin beds. The loft may be kind of tight for 2 adults. The A/C unit and ceiling fans cooled down the whole place nicely when I returned from the beach. There are good quality beach chairs, beach towels, backpacks, snorkle gear ect, for use. It was totally peaceful and private at night.
That being said, there is a major construction project on the hillside across from Cruz Views and there is construction noise from 7 AM-5 PM. It looks like the construction will be ongoing for another 6 mos to a year before completion(I'm not a contractor, but that is my guess). The construction noise did not not bother me much, because I was out at the beaches all day. However , If you were planning to hang out at the pool at Cruz Views during the morning or afternoon, the noise could be a bummer.
The hill to town is "St. John's steep". I would recommend a car or you could walk down to Cruz Bay for dinner and Taxi home. There is a good size parking lot at the complex(once you make the plunge down into it).
I loved my perch on the hillside, and would definitely return.

• Liked — charm and privacy at night
  • Disliked — construction noise during the day
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
8 Thank mrd22
N.C.
Reviewed 16 December 2006

I have been to Cruz Views many times. Sunny does a great job keeping the property in good shape. The construction going on is a joke. They start the drill hammers a 6am. They run them most of the day. You can't keep your screen door open with the drill hammers running. Between the drill hammers and the constant banging of hammers on the steel structure its a joke. Its St. John little secret. If you knew about it you would not go there. I have wonder why the bare charters are in such high demand. Now I know first hand. Peace and quite. It takes me all year to save for my vacation and this year was a joke. We were awaken everyday by the drill hammers. The future condos are only 1.5 million. I guess the place is getting to rich for my blood. I am going to bare boat a cat next year hopefully there will be one left. I went to white bay a JVD and counted 41 bare boats. There are no hammer drills on JVD. Hammer drill big compressor attached to a drill that drills and hammers it way Thur rock (ST. JOHN) There are three next to Cruz views that run most of the day.
I miss the old St. John. People always greeted you with a smile an Hello Mon. Now the first thing they say is I Need Your credit card to run a security deposit. My goal was to leave the island with some cash left in my pocket. I call St. John a vacuum with attitude. John Wilkson Ma.

• Liked — AC
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Would not go there with construction
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TheYamahaman