“Scrumptious with Ambiance Galore”
Review of Ocean 362

Ocean 362
Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Ocean 362 on a recent visit to St. John. The meal was simply outstanding. First, the wait staff were prompt, very cordial and attentive throughout the meal without being intrusive. Second, the presentation was excellent. The courses don't simply arrive, they each appeared in an elegant manner worthy of a photograph. Third, the food was absolutely scrumptious. Lastly, the view from Ocean 362 overlooking Pillsbury Sound with a perfect angle to view the setting sun is followed by an equally spectacular night-time view of the lights of St. Thomas. Ocean 362 is a special place to spend with special people in a special Caribbean setting. So in a word, it is "special."

1  Thank CSK528
There are newer reviews for Ocean 362

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Ocean 362 the week they opened! The food was delicious and full of flavor. The ambiance is lovely with great sunset views and quiet location. I loved the Indian influences for something unique on St. John! The staff and service was also delightful - can't wait to go back!

1  Thank leah b
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Wow! I am a foodie and Ocean 362 is a cut above everything else in my beloved STJ. Best tuna tartare ever... Creative flavors that are not contrived. Hubby loved his duck "taco". Everything is beautifully presented, and the service was attentive but not rushed. Many excellent STJ restaurants go downhill when the chef moves on, so I am hopeful that because the chef is also the owner, the food will continue to be outstanding. Will be returning for a week in March and look forward to more exciting tastes here.

The view is amazing, and there is valet parking.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

For a special night out on St John, we heartily recommend the new restaurant at Gallows Point - Ocean 362. This restaurant, which recently opened at the old location of Zozo's, is run by the same chef as Tantra, a superb Indian cuisine restaurant in Old San Juan. The menu features a mix of Indian style dishes and island favorites with many new flavors and combinations. In our case, since we are both vegetarian, we asked if the kitchen could accommodate our special dietary need. We were thrilled when our server announced that the chef had prepared two special vegetarian dishes, neither on the menu, with an Indian theme. We chose soup starters from the menu - a superb lentil with truffle oil, and a cioppino - both delicately flavored and beautifully presented. The main course was equally as impressive, prepared with locally grown vegetables, seasoned to perfection, and elegantly presented.

We had dinner at the upstairs bar, which we highly recommend. I would suggest arriving early - around a half hour before sunset, to enjoy the brilliant sunset over St Thomas as your dinner begins, and finish with the stars and lights of St Thomas over the water. A truly elegant (and romantic) dining experience.

And lest I forget, our desert selection was the "Chocolate Pyramid" - don't miss it! Layers of dark, light, and white chocolate, again in an eye-pleasing and scrumptious presentation.

This restaurant is a great addition to the St John culinary scene.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was the very first night food was served that I ate there. The setting was lovely, the service attentive and the food was excellent. I particularly loved the lentil soup, very subtle blend of flavors! An appetizer of herbed brie wrapped around a fig and inside prociutto served on toast woth a mango salsa was also wonderful. Entrees were as good as any on St. John and served with more elan. I will go back.

1  Thank Margaret R