“Great island art”

Bajo El Sol Gallery
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great selection of local (Caribbean) art and local artist, who sometimes hang out here. Not large but worth the climb up about 14 steps. Never know what you'll walk out with. They do ship stuff home and it's good stuff. We have five pictures from Bajo El Sol in our home.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stopped in here to take a break from shopping and from the heat. On my budget, I knew I would not be purchasing anything in a gallery, but I thought it would be nice to view some local artists' work. In addition to viewing the work however, I had a wonderful conversation with the gallery manager (I believe he was the owner as well) about the island. He was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable and I would recommend everyone stop in and say hi to him! The type of work varies and includes sculptures, painting, etc. If you are in the market for a fine piece of U.S.V.I. artwork, make a point to look here, and if not, you can still treat it as a mini museum like I did.

2  Thank RebeccaD228
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Bajo el Sol Gallery is the most wondrous place. I love every piece of art I have purchased here: the hand turned wood bowl, the copper and glass mobiles, the colorful oil painting, and best of all the lovely pastels I am fortunate enough to have in my possession. Each and every piece created by an artist who calls St John their home. Go in, enjoy the art work on display and take some time to chat with Tom, the gallery owner, and his lovely wife Livy, the artist, who are the real treasures Under the Sun.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great gallery for the best sampling of local artists work including paintings, photography, pottery, jewelry and wood sculpture. Located in Mongoose Junction right in Cruz Bay.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We never leave our favorite island without at least one visit to Baja El Sol gallery. It has s quiet serenity that makes it a lovely escape from the hustle and bustle below it in Mongoose Junction. It also features some of the best - if not the best - local artists on St.John whose works include oils, water colors, experimental pieces, paper pieces, jewelry and some of the most perfect wood carvings to be seen anywhere. Well worth a stop.