“My favorite of St. John's "busy" beaches”
Review of Cinnamon Bay

Cinnamon Bay
Book In Advance
More Info
US$112.05*
and up
St John Day Trip From St Thomas
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the unspoiled island refuge, Virgin Islands National Park, this beach offers a variety of water sports from snorkeling and kayaking to sailing and windsurfing, plus a popular beachfront cottage and campsite complex.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“My favorite of St. John's "busy" beaches”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is always our first stop on day one of our St. John vacations because it is convenient and there is ample food and rum if you haven't gotten around to buying groceries yet. We love renting kayaks and paddling over to the nearby beaches as well as hanging out on the floats in the afternoon. Bathrooms, a restaurant, gift shop and small grocery make this an easy beach trip. I think it is pretty close to Trunk Bay in terms of beauty and much less crowded (although still crowded compared to other beaches on St. John). Great for kids, activities, or lazy afternoons.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leigh R

Baltimore, Maryland
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“We love Cinnamon Bay”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our first visit to Cinnamon Bay was almost 25 years ago, when we camped there with our children. The perfect clarity of the water and powder white sand set a standard that few other beaches we've visited worldwide could match. Last week, back in St. John for a wedding, we returned to this beach, and found it much the same (even down to the donkeys along the shoreline). We'd recommend that you rent a kayak for a few hours (very reasonable rates!) and paddle to some of the neighboring beaches (Maho being just around one bend). Beach the kayak and take a swim or do some snorkeling, and then head back out again. A perfect couple of hours, we promise!

Visited November 2013
Bradford, Massachusetts
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great beach”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had a blast at Cinnamon bay. The sandy beach is excellent and they have all the facilities you need for a day at the beach. Spent a few hours here and renting a boogie board is a must.

Visited November 2013
Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The campground is closed until early November, so there weren't a lot of people at Cinnamon Bay when we were there. Very large beach with that beautiful water and soft sand. Great day just hanging out on the sand or in the water. The drive to Cinnamon is a little curvy and steep, but well worth the trip!

Visited October 2013
Olathe, Kansas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Incredible Beach!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was my third visit to the U.S. Virgin Islands, and each time I have wanted to visit Cinnamon Bay, however I had not yet made it. This time I did, and now I feel very bad that it took this long to visit it.

This beach is simply unreal. The water is so clear, as clear as I have ever seen. The beach is incredible as well, and so is the scenery around the bay. This quickly became my, and all of the people traveling with us favorite beach.

Make sure to visit Cinnamon Bay.

Visited October 2013