This was our second trip back to Caneel. Although the resort is still Beautiful, their focus on service seems to have changed. There is a huge focus on weddings and the wedding guests. It might be wise to separate the accommodations for wedding guests and everyone else. I heard this from all the "regular" guests who come to Caneel each year. On our second night there we were awoken by loud LIVE music in the room next to us(guitar, harmonica, drunken singing). It took three calls to security until it was broken up. At first they tried to tell me it was the reception. I would not advise staying near Turtle Bay as it is close to the Turtle Bay House where receptions are held.
Aside from this disturbance we still had a wonderful time. The breakfast was great, desserts at Zozo's were fabulous and of course the gelato was phenomenal! I hope Caneel doesn't loose their focus on all their regular guests. This is a wonderful resort with some of the most beautiful beaches and friendliest staff on St John.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John