Our January 2014 stay would only have been better with more time to explore the island further. Which means, we will return. This is a pricey stay, but the beaches are amazing, the service excellent, and only the pizza a negative ($24 for cardboard with bad sauce and tasteless pepperoni). But forget that - it was room service we got to take to the nightly movie. Each beach has areas for snorkeling that are awesome. I stopped counting turtles at 20 when I found where they hung out on Hawknest Bay. We stayed on the little Turtle Bay at the tip of the resort. It is awesome. The sand is almost pink, and like sugar. Almost no one else on the beach the whole week. And our suite was not big, but great. WiFi signal fine. So, here are reasons not to go: If you want a party place, this is NOT it. The restaurants and bar at Zozo's is nice, but die really early. And only one of the bartenders at the Zozo's and the Turtle Bay bar had any personality to speak of. But we wanted peace - and got it. If you want to have TV - forget it. The rooms are TV and phone free. You have to walk out to call for room service to the shuttle stop. But this is what we wanted = PEACE. The ruins are really cool, and the deer and donkey's really neat. There are two trails on the 77 acre grounds. The one from Turtle Bay to HawksNest is great. Skip the other. Tennis courts are good too. As this was our first trip to the island, we barely scratched the surface of the beached, snorkeling sites, shops and numerous restaurants. Looks like a return trip and a jeep rental will be needed. If you want the worlds's prettiest beaches and quiet, no crowds and can afford it, this is a really amazing trip. All things here are pricey, from meals to drinks. Be ready!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John