My latest trip here was less than ideal due to GM and office management. I do not think, GM is person to lead Caneel into new, independent phase (post-Rosewood), not welcoming in a professional nor personal manner, plays favorites, even among repeat customers. I feel the daily staff is very welcoming, where upper management does not introduce themselves. I witnessed, GM's family monopolizing waterfront staff time. Kids allowed to fish off dock (in tropical protected waters) and leave fish out of water until dead, I found this disturbing. I believe if a GM is warm and welcoming they become part of the property, this was not the case. I felt like I was at someone's else's home, who tolerated visitors. GM's are critical to a small luxary hotels success, this one subtracts from experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John