We just returned from an 8 night stay at Caneel. It was our first time and we cannot wait to go back next year. It IS PRICEY!! What you are paying for is the privacy of the property with 8 beaches to choose from and the natural setting. Yes the rooms need an upgrade. Yes, we got some sand flea/noseum bites. If you like formal landscaping and fancy pools and doting service on the beach this is not your place. This is a quiet, rustic resort with beautiful beaches and flora. We travelled with our two girls ages 10 and 8. They loved the donkeys and the baby donkeys and the deer and the baby deer. All so tame you can touch them. The girls loved High Tea every day at 4 at the Turtle Bay Estate. It is complimentary. We also discovered the lunch buffet at Turtle Bay Estate had the best deal for lunch. Food was delicious though of course expensive. The shuttles were always around to take you around but I enjoyed walking. It is totally walkable especially if you need to burn off breakfast. Snorkeling was fun and our girls tried it for the first time. It's perfect for beginners. We loved exploring all the different beaches. The kids club was great. The staff at kids club and housekeeping as well as many of the wait staff and shuttle drivers are all friendly and sweet. We have travelled all over Hawaiian Islands and Bahamas at 4 and 5 star resorts and we definitely will be back at Caneel next year. We met many people who return here year after year. It is very down to earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John