We stayed at caneel bay for the first time. The grounds are beautiful but the rooms are awful. Air conditioner doesn't work. Dark and dated. They resemble a jail. Louvers that are shut for air conditioner make it seem like a prison cell. They need to shut down and renovate every room. No phones so you have to walk miles to find one. Very Buggy also. You need off with you every night. Food good. Staff nice but for the money I would not go back. Only stayed there to get to the soggy dollar. Next time I will stay in ST Thomas or Tortola. Beaches were kinda gross too for a tropical island. Wouldn't recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John