When I visited 15 years ago I knew it was a place I wanted to come back to. It took longer than I would've liked, but I'm just finishing up a weeklong trip with my husband and 16 month old daughter. Caneel Bay is exactly as I remembered it. For me, it's paradise.
If you love high-rise hotels with twenty-million bars, a floaty river, two water-slides and a casino - please don't come to Caneel Bay because you'll hate it. Caneel Bay feels like you're vacationing at a very wealthy friend's compound. It's quiet. If you're into mid-century architecture and amazing beaches, it's perfect.
The hotel is the epitome of classic understated elegance with beaches that will blow your mind. The staff are extraordinary. Every single person we came in contact with, whether a gardener, bartender or manager was courteous, warm and sincere. They also LOVE kids - which is a bonus since we're traveling with a toddler.
Caneel Bay is one of the few hotels where the pictures on their website actually don't do it justice - in reality, it is much better (and I've been to Manele Bay, Canouan Island, etc). I hope that we can make this a yearly thing. We leave tomorrow and I miss Caneel already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John