“Almost Perfect!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Almost Perfect!”
Reviewed 23 January 2005

We stayed at South Ocean Resort shortly after it's renovation reopening a few years ago. We thought it was great! Our large, well-kept room was beachfront with a private balcony and very large bath. Lovely! As for the overpriced food people have complained about I would ask them if they have eaten any place else on the island. Anywhere in Nassau is expensive. South Ocean is certainly not out of line. Far from civilization? That's the point! I have no desire to party with 10,000 of my closest, newest friends on Paradise Island. If anyone has a complaint of remoteness they simply did not do their homework before booking their trip. So please don't blame the resort for that.

1 Thank RandyRandy

A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleaseant trip worth the money”
Reviewed 28 August 2003

I was hesitante about booking the resort with the reviews, but the price was to good. We checked into the hotel and had a great time. the beach rooms are to die for. We snorkled and dived next door and then my wife who love golf more than me played every day, she said the course is just to challenging so she had to conquer it. Imagine the wife playing more golf than the husband. Will be back she is looking foward to it. Oh yeah it's a little out from town but they have shuttle services.

Overland Park, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“South Ocean Golf & Beach resort”
Reviewed 9 July 2003

Resort was far better than I had expected after reading other reviews. Rooms were very clean (they even swept out the sand every morning!) Ocean view was beautiful; prices were reasonable for food and drinks. Staff was very helpful! The main lobby was nice, restauraunt- live music - liquor store - gift store - free internet! We had a great time; everything was well kept up-- pools were very clean. If you want pictures please email me.. mike.l.karina@mail.sprint.com

3 Thank maestro300
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dirty rooms, too far from civilization”
Reviewed 11 March 2003

Our Honeymoon..ruined. The Bahamas is a horrible place and this hotel helped make it unbearable to even stay in the Bahamas. We paid money to go home after 28 hours on the disgusting island. The hotel looks decent when you arrive, the staff was friendly, but the rooms are smelly and not clean. I didn't feel safe putting my feet on the floor without wearing shoes and slept in all my clothes. If you are going to a Carribean Island I recommend a cruise so you have somewhere clean to sleep and only get stuck at each place for a short time. The water is gorgeous, too bad there are no beaches on the island to hang out that aren't dirty and trashed, or rocky, or owned by some other hotel, which you can't walk on without a guest bracelet. I hated this Island, and expecially Nassaue.......unless you want to pay lot's of money to be harrassed and hang out in the slums stay away from Nassau!!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Buyer beware!!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2003

Buyer beware of the South Ocean Golf & Beach Resort! This resort is absolutely terrible. The property is a mess. The rooms are disgusting. The food is overpriced and tasteless. We had to move out of our first room because the handles on the shower broke off. After three phone calls to the front desk someone turned off the water but did not fix the shower. We were given a new room only to find out the AC was broken, there was no clock and best of all, the room was infested with large ANTS! The golf course is nothing to brag about either. After suffering through the night we checked out the next morning. The woman at the front desk did not even ask us why we were changing hotels. No apologies, nothing! We headed over to the Radisson on Cable Beach. A terrific resort. We explained our situation and they gave us a discounted rate on our room, a room upgrade and a complimentary bottle of champagne. First class all the way. If you want to visit the Bahamas do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from the South Ocean Golf & Beach Resort. Spend a couple extra bucks and enjoy your vacation!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member