“Snorkel Trip”

Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
US$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent trip. Good staff. Good snorkel sites. First reef was good. Second reef was awesome and only 5' down. Third site was SHARKS! Shark snorkel was controlled and safe. Sea was rough for the sharks, but crew did a great job keeping everyone safe.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is, without a doubt, one of the best run dive operations I have seen in my limited (5 years, 70 dives) experience. Although the operation is very large (about 10 boats) the staff handles things exceptionally well and efficiently. The boats are not overly crowded (12-16 divers) and the hotel pick-up and drop off service runs efficiently. The shark dive was incredible, even for the 8 year old we had on our boat and for more experienced divers. Watch it on YouTube. I even managed to leave my fins on the boat by accident and have them found with minimal difficulty the following day (although no one seemed to know exactly where the "lost and found" was. All in all, the highlight of our visit to the Bahamas.

1  Thank MEB1974
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The bus that picked us up at the Atlantis was overfilled by 3 people. 3 unfortunate adults had to put 3 unfortunate children on their laps for a 45 minute bus ride. It was an old and mostly uncomfortable bus. They need to coordinate better or provide more busses.

I booked the mini-sub by calling an 800 number that takes reservations for various excursions at the Bahamas. They were very professional, took my credit card and sent me a confirmation e-mail. The problem started when we arrived at Stuart's Cove. They had no knowledge of my reservation, not because it was lost, but because they have no links with reservation systems. People must print the e-mail and bring it or else no entry. Lucky my friend remembered his e-mail password! Unacceptable by today's technology standards.

The boat ride out to the dive spot could have been better. The boat had 2 levels and we were asked to stay on the top level. It was not covered so we roasted in the hot sun for the 30 minute boat ride.

34 people were booked on the excursion and only 10 mini-subs were available so we were out there for longer than expected but that turned out to be a good thing. I will explain later.

The mini-subs themselves were outdated and needed a lot of maintenance; dead batteries, wiring. They absolutely need a better system to keep things up-to-date. Half the subs moved at an ok speed. The other half were slow and 1 needed to be pushed along by a diver whose job it was to monitor everyone.

Now for the good parts. The team was super great, a real good bunch of people. If it wasn't for the nice and very entertaining people working there I don't know how Stuart's cove would still be in business.

Since the mini-sub rides were taking way longer than expected, they provided snorkels and allowed us to snorkel for free. That was awesome. We snorkeled for more than 1 hour. That was a blast and totally unexpected.

The sub ride was good though a bit shorter than I expected. About half of the people liked it (I was one of them) and the other half didn't think much of it (my son and my friend). They provided good training and divers were there the entire time to make sure people felt safe. The view from the sub was amazing but depth was less than 15 feet. We couldn't go any lower.

The bus ride back to the hotel was the best ever. It was a newer bus and only about 75% full. The driver was very talkative and engaged everyone in conversation. We had so much fun. We felt the bus ride back made the whole trip, or at least made us forget about the bad things we experienced in the beginning.

In summary, I wouldn't go on the mini-sub again. I would definitely do snorkeling. It was better, faster, more fun and the views were virtually the same as the sub without the hassle and extra cost.

1  Thank a b
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our experience was really perfect - friendly staff, great dives, well-run business. Excited to return.

1  Thank gokh
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stuarts cove is an excellent dive facility with friendly and professional dive instructors. Thanks Kathy and Daniel for an awesome experience! We did the discovery scuba dive and saw three sharks. The reef was nice for a beginner dive. There are multiple other sites to dive at including ship wrecks and reefs. The gift shop is awesome too. We loved this experience.