“A wonderful relaxing adventure.”

Happy Trails Stables, Windsor Equestrian Centre
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful relaxing adventure.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Sue was right on time to pick me up from hotel. After a nice ride across the island, we finally made to Happy Trails equestrian centre. Very nice place. The horses are all well taken care of. My horse was named Limbo and he was a sweetheart. Hard to believe that at one time he came from an abusive home. He is so well cared for now. He is a little spunky and he tries to get over on you. Be on your toes with him. My guide was Wayne and he has over 40 yrs of riding experience. Very nice man and professional through and through. Might I say, don't be embarrassed to say what your true riding experience is. Believe me, the horses can read your body language very well. If you are nervous around horses, they will know it. So be honest with your riding ability and honest to your guide. I was the only ruder for the afternoon ride and it was truly incredible. I have done trail riding before, but never on the beach or in the ocean. Absolutely a wonderful experience that is well worth your time and money.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Joycecat2002

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our trail guide Duke picked us up promptly from our hotel and drove us to the stables where we were carefully matched to a suitable horse depending on our riding experience. The horses were well cared for and trained, the tack fitted correctly and they were happy and healthy.

Duke ensured that we had a safe ride by giving instructions when necessary to maintain the safety of all the riders and horses (anyone who doesn't want advice on how to safely ride a large horse with a mind of its own is slightly crazy in my humble opinion!).

I thoroughly enjoyed the gentle ride at a walk to the beach through the woods, the beach was deserted and we rode the horses through the water before stopping to pose for photos.
To anyone looking for a great relaxing horse riding experience definitely give happy trails a try, we had riders of mixed abilities and everyone had a safe fun time.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank FarfromhomeinNYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dont go!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Doc was too aggressive with my wife who never rode a horse before even though we informed him of her status. Very bad experience. Do not use this place!!!!

5 Thank Dania F
Miami, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great time had!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had a great time here.
They pick you up and drop you off from your hotel which is great.
I did a morning ride, and there were just two of us on the ride, we had Wayne as a guide and he was great. I think a morning ride is better because it isnt so hot. I wish we were on the beach more, but the time you do spend there is great. I don't know if this always happens, but wayne took pictures for us. not just one, but a bunch it was great, i have so many beautiful shots from the beach.
I did meet Duke, he picked me up from the hotel and got me on the horse, he is very particular about how you sit on the horse and wants to make sure you do it right, if you just do what he says, he wont get upset at you, if you do have him and wayne as a guide, and your afraid of Duke, try to be closer to wayne, he is much nicer and wont yell at you.

I had an amazing time, and would do it again.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank solotravel123
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful trail for beginners.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Beautiful and simple trail for beginners! We didn't spend as much time at the beach as I had hoped but the view of the crystal clear waters is well worth the long trip to and from the beach.

Upon arrival, it took a while to prepare the horses. But from what I could tell they were trying to match us up with what horse they felt was right for each rider. Loved that!

We were guided by both Wayne and Duke. Wayne is extremely friendly and patient. Duke on the other hand...well, let's just say you need to have thick skin when dealing with him. As long as you do what he says and start conversation with him, he won't seem too bad!

I did not get to ride in close proximity to my boyfriend. Neither did most of the riders with their companions. Although I imagine it would be difficult to hold up a conversation in a linear formation anyway.

The horses seemed to be healthy and well-behaved and healthy.

If it weren't for the high cost, I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Visited January 2014