All reviews fish fry front desk short walk marriott brand great location and lovely staff within walking distance to downtown island view really enjoyed our stay here recommend this hotel would stay here again awesome hotel directly across the street paradise island a nice place to stay workout room pleasure of staying the hotel offers
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. It is in a great location for you to walk to downtown, the straw market and the rest of the attractions in the area. We had a pool view where you could walk out and see the beach. The staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AaronMarie
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Had a great experience at the Marriott. Samantha and all the ladies at the front desk made us feel welcomed and took care of our every need. They have a small store with basic drug store needs, snacks, and cold drinks. They have a cafe for breakfast lunch and dinner. They met my dietary restrictions as best as they could and made me delicious breakfasts every morning. They have 2 fantastic pools that are clean and get great sunlight. They are also located right near everything that you could want while also allowing you to be away from the commercialized Paradise Island. The Bunkanoo Beach is at the end of the driveway across the street. You can walk into town and be at the restaurants within 10 minutes. If you want to go to Paradise Island you can take a cab ride and be there in 15 minutes. The front desk staff will arrange taxis for you no matter where you want to go. They are friendly, hard working, and so helpful. The rooms are spotless. The cleaning staff gets every corner and spot. The hotel is wonderful. I highly recommend staying there!

Room tip: Pool view or island view - both are fabulous!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank DLP710
Clinton D, General Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Nassau. It was
truly a pleasure to serve you. We will indeed share with Samantha and the rest of the team about your visit with us.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service
to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach and we hope you choose to create more memories with
us whenever your travels bring you back to Nassau.

CLINTON DAVIS
Courtyard Marriott Downtown Nassau Junkanoo Beach
clinton.davis@courtyard.com
(242) 302-2975

Reviewed 30 July 2018

My friend and I had an awesome time in Nassau. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, and was extremely pleased with friendly, accommodating staff. We had free parking, complimentary drink tickets, and comfy rooms. It was the perfect location too! Downtown night scene was there, entertainment in the hotel, across the street from restaurants and a beach- and the price was great for what we were getting.

I would definitely go back to the Marriott, when I return to Nassau.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank seauguste
Samantha F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Nassau.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Recently visited and not impressed. Location was good staff ok room not what I expected in comparison to previous Marriotts visited did not appreciate the mosquito in the room biting me. Was not impressed with all the extra charges. I would expect the housekeeping fee to be included in the room charge and why a resort levy and destination fee per day. Almost $80 in fees. My credit card also had a different total due to a conversion rate to US $. Concluded my stay at Baha Mar which was excellent and what I'm accustomed to.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Samantha F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach and providing your honest.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent such challenges from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Nassau.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I'll start with the good - its basically beach front, nice modern furniture and decor, small store for snacks and drinks on site, 2 complimentary drinks per room each night (applies to wine/beer),the "bistro" has the ability to make a handful of starbucks drinks (including caramel macchiatto), two pools, free parking, clean rooms (our room was nice with a pool and beach view!), and 2 (but only 2) very lovely front desk associates.

The bad: Aside from the 2 outstanding front desk associates, the rest of the staff is less than pleasant - they are dismissive and don't seem to care very much.

Beware - tack on an extra $100 to the rate quote you are given, as it does NOT include the 50$ tax and the 25$ amenity fee, per person, per night.

For that sort of rate, you would expect the "bistro" on site to be at least decent. Think again. Chips and guacamole - without going into detail, they pick and choose when they want to be bothered by telling you they're out. I witnessed someone else ordering them at lunch so that afternoon I asked again, they said they were out, I reminded them of the women who ordered it earlier, "oh, I guess we do have it" - - and as mediocre as it was, it would've been forgivable had it come with actual chips - but instead it came with pita bread. I ordered the southwestern cobb salad which was supposed to include avocado and dressing, it came with neither.

The main pool seemed clean enough, the second pool (5ft w/ 2ft children's pool) felt dirty, but we watched the staff struggle with equipment to clean it from our room.

Bottom line, people remember how you make them feel, and as much as I adore Marriott as a brand, there's no excuse for the way my stay here made me feel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Samantha F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.