“My home away from home”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #57 of 289 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ichiban is one of my favorite restaurants in Nassau and my husband and I dine here several times a month. The food is pretty good, the environment is quiet (can even be romantic) and the staff are great. I've tried many items on the menu and have very rarely been disappointed with my dining experience. I would tell everyone to try the restaurant!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I love a nice night out at Ichiban. Sunset by the window is a nice spot for two eventhough passing traffic can watch you enjoying your tuna tataki the view of the sea, sunset, and passing cruise ships makes up for it. Best fresh mojitos on the island, really.

Favorites include
The shrimp tempura which comes with tempura asparagus, sweet potato, and sweet potato tempura fries in the basket.
Other nice appetizers - Gyoza, spring rolls with peanut sauce.
Tuna Tataki - sliced nice and thin, a lovely pink hue, and never fishy.
Spicy Tuna Roll
Red Dragon Roll

2  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great food great flavor you won't be disappointed. You can check the website and look at the menu prior to getting there. Very easy to find.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Loved this little restaurant in Nassau! We have been there three times and enjoyed the food every time. Their sushi is amazing! Especially Ichiban Special Rolls.

Although this is a Japanese restaurant, do not hesitate to try their steaks! They are delicious.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

On the menu the Ichiban Special Salad, a crab and shrimp salad with a ginger dressing, sounds amazing, mouth watering and I was really looking forward to my meal. I ordered a portion of Gyoza and I asked for some bread as I was hungry.

I ordered take out as I wanted to eat on my own in peace at my hotel.

Upon my return I opened the box with the bread in, the bread had been microwaved, it was rock hard in the centre. I then opened a butter portion which had completely melted and it went all over my shirt and the bedding! Nightmare butter everywhere! Not happy :(

To add to my disappointment I then opened the salad, a good size portion but then to my dismay the crab was actually crab sticks!!!! Not even fresh crab! Two shrimp were all that we're placed in my salad. The dressing was on the side, fair enough in case you didn't like it.

The asparagus, cucumber, tomato, greens were all of a really high quality and beautifully prepared to then let it down with cheap, reconstituted crab sticks.

The positives, the Gyoza was great, I had mine fried, after all I was eating a dinner salad as the main so I can be a tad naughty!

Overall not impressed by this and I feel short changed. Total order coke zero, salad, Gyoza and bread, take away cost me $30.00.

I will leave readers to make up their own minds. I did call the restaurant to tell them but what are they going to do at that point.

Disappointed.