“Great value for the money”

Montagu Gardens Steak & Grill
Ranked #25 of 280 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
New York
“Great value for the money”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had read prior reviews about this place and thought that I would try it with my family. I stayed at the Atlantis and was looking to save a little money. A key thing about this restaurant is that they will pick you up at your hotel and bring you back after dinner....free of charge. That's a 30 -40 dollar savings right there. The building is old and the restaurant is dated but it was clean and the food was delicious. What more can you ask of a restaurant? You won't be disappointed for a change of pace.

New York City, New York
“Great Restaurant - quaint and delicious”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The price is unbelievable for the amount of food you are getting. My pineapple chicken was amazing! The service was impeccable. They sent a car to pick us up and drop us off at the hotel, free of charge. That saved us a taxi ride! I think this is definitely a hidden gem! The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing.

Miami Beach, Florida
“American Tourists Beware-Theifs work here.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My fiance and I went to Montagu Gardens on Wednesday, October 30th 2013 based on the reviews we read on Trip Advisor. WARNING I had 2 $500 casino chips that 100% were left at the table of the restuarant and when I called 15 minutes later they claimed they did not have the chips. I am a confident they were stolen by an employee and when I called and spoke to the manager they claimed nothing had been left.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO PEOPLE WHO HIRE DISHONEST EMPLOYEES.

1 Thank prouss134439
Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem of Nassau”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We found this restaurant near the end of our last trip to the Bahamas, and on this trip decided to visit every night of our stay! The food is excellent, atmosphere is quiet and relaxing, and their prices are great, much more reasonable than the restaurants on Paradise Island in and around Atlantis. And to top it all off, the restaurant pays for the taxi to transport you to the restaurant which is just a 5 minute drive from Paradise Island. After your meal Oscar from the restaurant promptly drives you back to your hotel and demonstrates the true meaning of "island charm". I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed coming to this restaurant!
(from Connecticut)

1 Thank Barb L
Kirkland, WA
“Hidden away”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I'm so glad we asked our hotel about a recommendation for dinner! The Comfort Suites directed us to Montagu Gardens and it was delightful. I said I wanted to go where someone would go who lives in Nassau to celebrate an occasion with their family. This place felt very genuinely local. The food was delicious - we had the coconut shrimp starter, the garden salad, grilled group and guava duff for desert. My friend had a lobster tail that was baked to perfection - it was a special lobster week. Our meal was unhurried, very enjoyable and after we'd finished, we were taken back to Paradise Island by the famous Oscar. His narration on the return drive was a great way to end the evening - we learned more about the restaurant and the area on our way back. He made it fun. BTW, the restaurant will pay for your cab there and then the ride home is complimentary. It makes it very easy to make the trip!