“Good food but very pricey!”

Montagu Gardens Steak & Grill
Ranked #22 of 288 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The food is good. I had the filet and my husband had the seafood platter. Food was good but small portions and extremely overpriced in my opinion.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

On saturday evening we had booked a reservation for dinner for 10 people.
A large van picked us all up ar Paradise Harbor club and took us to the restaurant. The sevice was excellent. Food outstanding. Prices moderate for an "upscale" Nassau eatery. Highly recommend!!!!

1  Thank pauliea
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went here our last night in the Bahamas. I saw in an earlier review about it being a great break from Atlantis' high priced food and I totally agree! It is right across the bridge from Atlantis and a car will pick you up and drop you back off. I had the shrimp pasta and it was delicious. Pasta was cooked perfect and so were the shrimp. The garlic butter sauce was wonderful! My husband had the grouper almandine and it was fried perfectly and the fish was so fresh. Two others at the table had steak and both of them said they were cooked to order and had great seasoning and flavor. Our waiter Joseph was really nice too!

My one complaint of the restaurant is that it is a bit worn down looking. It desperately needs a facelift. When we first walked in we were thinking that we had maybe made a mistake choosing this place but the food makes up for the appearance.

1  Thank TJS2000
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I dined here while staying at the Comfort Suites it was a sat night and all the Atlantis restaurants were booked solid. After reading tripadvisor reviews decided to give it a shot. Called at 6 for a 7pm res and was accepted. The place covers taxi to and from. They've been in business 19 years. We had the lobster which was great and the appetizer platter that is huge and delicious. $24 - conch Frits. Shrimp. Ribs chicken. :-)

I'd recommend

5  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Staying at Atlantis hotel and really wanted something a bit out of the generic bad food overly priced usual selection. This place is the answer. Close to paradise island, just over the bridge, and with a usually available shuttle service, my family was very pleased. This is authentic local cuisine that is similar to the fish fry area for authenticity but much upscale. Basically better than the bad Atlantis food for 1/2 the price and a bit better than most local places for a slight premium to the purely local places like Oh Andros (which is very good). Anyone staying in Atlantis should really try the great local places like this and avoid the bad expensive places offered on the resort property. It is really amazing how bad the service is in Atlantis relative to the restaurants like this where your patronage is appreciated and service is top notch. The grouper platter, conch salad and fried conch were very fresh and cooked appropriately. None better on the island...

1  Thank KentPChicago