“Come prepared to haggle and be hounded”
Review of Straw Market

and up
Shore Excursion: Nassau Bahamas City Tour
Ranked #90 of 134 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: At this market you will find people weaving straw into anything and everything.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This long time staple of Nassau should be experienced once but any more than that is as you are personally able to tolerate or if you need the cheap obligatory t shirt or trinkets. It is aisle upon aisle of the same. You are subjected to continued sales pressure and banter. It’s part of the gig and the locals who vend here are doing what they can to make a sale as you would expect. Just don’t think you can casually browse and shop. That said you can get good bargains on the souvenir spectrum. Never agree to their first price offer. For example the baseball caps are good quality and nicely embroidered. They will start at 25 but you can easily get them for 15. A good deal. T shirts at 10 or less in volume. So when you go, expect the hustle and hassle and haggle. You don’t need to do more than 2 aisles to see all the goods. One recommendation besides the hats are the wood carvings. We get a different sea creature each time we come down as our memento.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Straw Market was an experience that was crazy. I like to shop without being harassed and without guilt. I understand there's a lot of competition, but it's just way too much for teenagers and mom's with kids.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a walk through the market and there were countless things to buy at various prices. Seemed good enough

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I know the vendors are there to make money, but after the 10th one in my face trying to get me to buy what 20 others are selling, I lost my patience. I’ll stay on the resort next time and avoid the stress. Yes, the variety is great, but the in-your-face tactics were enough to have us running for the bus.