“The best hotel for the best Birthday of my 20s”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Myers, Florida
“The best hotel for the best Birthday of my 20s”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Breezes Resort made this birthday celebration THE BEST birthday of my 20s. With great customer service, decent food, entertainment and amazing staff members, this will be one that I will never forget and I’m eager to return too. We arrived in Nassau on November 7, 2013 our flight was in the morning so we were nervous that we wouldn’t be able to check in until 3pm, fortunately, without questions or attitude GINGER (she’s lovely) checked us in early without hesitation. When we reserved the rooms we requested joining rooms, and to my surprise we received just that. The rooms were nice sizes, with furniture typical to that of an island resort (real wood, none of the cheap stuff! Lol) I work for a plumbing supply company so the snob in me hated the bathroom fixtures…but that’s just a personal issue I need to work on LOL

Now to the people that made my birthday everything that it was and my stay at Breezes a phenomenal experience:

Front Desk: I’ve already mentioned Ginger she was just lovely and kind. She took her time to explain things and checked us in seamlessly. Audley; what a cutie, he usually worked at night, but he was willing to help us if we had any questions.

Bar: On the first day, Ms. Angela was the ultimate bartender. In my opinion she’s the only one who knows how to actually make good drinks and even creates her own concoctions. She was so kind and helped me bring in my birthday properly. She had great conversation and is just genuinely a good person. You can always tell who is just being nice because they are at work, and who is being nice because they have a good heart; Ms. Angela has a beautiful heart. For good drinks, find her and she will make sure they are strong AND tasty.

Entertainment: Rio, Em-Jay, Durelle, Justin, and Marvin…what AMAZING individuals. They made sure that we participated in every activity even if we didn’t know what we were doing (like playing Volleyball), their enthusiasm ensured that we would have a great time. From Toga to Casino night all the activities they hosted were a blast. They were even nice enough to allow me to beat them in Pool haha just kidding…I lost so very badly but nonetheless, they made it a fun.

Livingston- I can’t remember exactly what his job title was, but I think it was supervisor of housekeeping; either way… he looked out for us, suggested things to do off the island, the best places to eat (as I don’t really care for tourist spots), and made sure that every day that I was there was a celebration of my birthday. Great guy.

James- was a server in the Italian restaurant and he was so nice and attentive. I wish service was like that everywhere I went. He brought yummy drinks without having to be asked, just giving us something different to try.

Edwin- He was in charge of the rock climbing. Rock Climbing is over at 2pm and we arrived around 1:58pm, rather than getting an attitude that we still wanted to rock climb even though it was closed, Edwin simply smiled and said “okay, I’ll stay open later just for you all” and with that, we rock climbed and it was such an exhilarating experience.

I do have to give a round of applause to all of those who were in the kitchen. My mother and her girlfriends came on this trip as well, and my mom has a very bad allergy to life; soy (which is in everything), so her food has to prepared in a very special way really not using any seasonings or oils. Not only did Breezes accommodate this allergy, they did so with a smile on their faces, the chefs came out and personally spoke to her gathering a list of what she can and can’t have. There was also an enforcer (I can’t remember her name) but she basically would notify the chefs of if my mother was in the dining room and they would prepare the food differently for her. Since eggs are items that don’t bother her, they made sure to have a lot of those on hand. Talk about going above and beyond.

As an overall experience on a scale from 1-20 I would give my stay at Breezes a 20, hands down. I’ve travelled around the world, from Turkey to Italy, to the Turks and Caicos and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED WITH SUCH CARE AND GENUINESS. I was treated like royalty, my birthday was so special, and the staff ensured that I would have grand memories for life.
I’ve been to the Bahamas multiple times and stayed at various locations, however, this has been by far my best experience ever. A great all inclusive experience…that is a vacation for the books, and I will be back.

Thank you to Livingston, Audley, Ginger, Rio, Justin, Durelle, Em-Jay, Marvin and Ms. Angela, many blessings to you all and Breezes don’t lose good people! These are winners!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Joy-yahhh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,615)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Second time here. Will surely be a third. Rooms could use some work, but who spends time in room. Staff very frindly. Food service and bar staffreally nice. Get Lakeiha to make you a "hurricane". Best I ever had.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank m1941d
new jersey
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The property is old and outdated. Our room, which was an ocean-view, reeked of bleach and was perpetually damp. The floor was actually wet the five days we were there, requiring us to use towels to mop it up. The food was virtually inedible, but fortunately there are some terrific bars and restaurants just a cab ride away. One thing we found strange is that the employees hang out and "play" while they are off-duty.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank velnj

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

mo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed November 4-13 2013. Check in was quick we got in at 2 PM check in is not until 3pm we were told to go have lunch and the room would be ready in 25 minutes, it was! We checked in early, we requested a one bedroom suite because on the advertisement it stated it had a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. THERE ARE NO BALCONIES on any of the rooms. The room was a connecting room with a sitting area and a full bath on one side and the other was a king size bed full bathroom and a fridge, each room had a TV as well. Way too big for just the 2 of us. The view was spectacular and I will post pictures. The place was clean and the staff was continuously cleaning. Even the outside of the building was being cleaned with bleach. The building is an older building but it is kept clean!

The pool is also kept very clean. Every morning the wading pool and large pool was vacuumed, the hot tub was vacuumed and drained down to half and fresh water put in daily. The chemicals were checked twice a day and treated as necessary. Pool area was wonderful with volley ball area and a swimming area as well as a different wading pool that had chairs in it. There is also a pool bar as well as a couple of tables in the pool. The hot tub only had one side that the jets worked on. But the water was nice and hot. The only negative I have about the pool area is the loud music that is on a loop we were there for 10 days and listened to the same loud songs over and over. Different music on a daily basis and later in the day at a lower volume would have been easier to relax too. The staff had games every day and it was entertaining to watch.

The beach....The worst I have ever been to. Not for lack of trying on the staffs part. The weather was bad, windy and blew in sea weed. The staff was up every morning raking the sea weed and even had a loader come in most days. By the time the staff had the beach clear on one end, it was back at the other end. Again this was due to bad weather and they just couldn't keep ahead of it. The red flag was out every day but 2, then it was the yellow flag. Not the staffs fault. However, when we walked down the beach there was less sea weed due to a break water in front of other hotels. We did get a cabana for 2 days and it was awesome! Dorian kept the drinks flowing and the sun was nice. The staff told us the weather was unusual and the beach usually did not look like this. On our last morning we did see that the beach was clean finally but the weather was better.

Service was the best I have ever had on any vacation! The staff make it appoint to remember what you drink and your name. You could tell the repeat customers the staff would actually hug them and ask about family members. Colyn,Ginger, Ava, Lakeisha, Polo, Horatio and Michelle were just a few of the staff members that make this place. Security was top notch. I would look out our window at all hours of the night, Midnight, 1 am, 4 am, 5 am and security would be walking around the beach.

Food the pool grill was great had good food and we didn't have to leave the area. The main dinning facility was being worked on so the restaurant we were in for breakfast and dinner was a little small and would fill up. We only had to wait a couple of times to be seated and that was on the weekend. Our longest wait was 10-15 min for a table. The food was ok, they would run out on occasion and leave people waiting. We were told by others that when the main dinning room was up and running there was never a wait and they never ran out of food. There are 2 restaurants that you make reservations for that are very nice with great food and service.

Every night, they had some kind of entertainment. They had a band that was actually fun to listen to. They actively got the audience involved and had them up and dancing. They had a piano bar, but we didn't get to enjoy it because the piano player didn't start until 9:30 or 10:00 PM. It would have been fun to go there, but that was WAY past our bedtime! Each day, they had a different plan of entertainment posted for all to see. It was a way for you, as the guest to chose what you would like to see and do.

Even though the beach was a let down it did not ruin our vacation loved this place and the service was amazing! We will return next November to see if the beach is better as the staff assured us it usually is. We had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Rooms high have the best view of the ocean. The rooms on the ground floor have hammocks and chairs i...
1 Thank shellymo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have found this hotel to be everything to everyone. If you are looking for excitement or a pleasant quiet day, Breezes is the place to be. The food is excellent, rooms are kept clean and tidy, the staff is wonderful and always there to help you in any way. This is truly a second home and they really treat all their guests as family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and sunny. One only has to choice what will make u happy and the front desk...
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The resort is very sub par... We had 3 of our 6 rooms were wrong, took a day to get them situated. They must have experienced a flood recently because the bottom of the resort should have been shops and dining, but most of them were closed up. Most of the staff were not very friendly nor helpful. We didn't even want to get into the water because of how nasty the beach was with seaweed. Every day they were working on getting the seaweed taken care of with a backhoe... not very relaxing to listen to a backhoe. Out of the 12 people in our party, none of us said we would go back or recommend to someone to go there. Go to Jamaica Grand Palladium, much better bang for your buck!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank susan r
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Susan R,
We acknowledge your comments relating to Breezes Bahamas.We apologize for any challenges
encountered.We can advise that the ground floor area alluded to houses our main dining room
that is presently been refurbished.The area has not been effected by any flooding and is otherwise
perfectly functional.Our Island has been impacted by high winds and stormy conditions for the
past two weeks.This unsettled weather generated massive amounts of seaweed and was entirely
outside of the resorts control.Our resort is consistently recognized as providing exceptional
value and service.
Thank you for the feedback.
Jackson Weech
Indiana
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just returned from a 6 night stay and I'm a little unsure as to how to rate Breezes since I have been informed they are remodeling.

We found our room to be clean and in order. Our room was ground level with patio doors that opened to what they call a garden view. The garden view however had no flowers. Only trees and definitely lacked in beauty. There also was a hammock outside the patio doors for your relaxation.

Housekeeping overall does a fantastic job. For 2 days I couldn't seem to get wash cloths. The first day I called the front desk, they delivered hand towels and bath towels but said the wash cloths were locked and they couldn't get to them. Asked that I use a hand towel to bath. Apparently, wash cloths are a hot commodity.haha

I went to the beach once. They DO NOT clean the beaches of seaweed or anything else that washes to shore. Sad because I enjoy my strolls on the beach but don't care to much for walking through the unknown.

They are remodeling their main dining room so every meal had a very very long wait. However I met one couple who has been coming to Breezes for 12 yrs in a row and another couple who said this made their 5th trip this year, they tell me that Breezes is remodeling their buffet area. That the buffet area we were eating had actually had been one of their specialty restaurants. So explains the small area and the wait.

The breakfast buffet offered just about every entree in the breakfast category. The salad/fruit bar was the best thing offered on the lunch and dinner buffet. We ate at the Garden of Eden (specialty restaurant) one night and was disappointed in both the meal and service.

Drinks are plentiful and the bartenders do a great job!!

Keep your eye out for Polo!!! He is the best thing going for Breezes and he works in the buffet restaurant. Full of hugs, handshakes, smiles and kind words. Really enjoyed him.

Went to the Piano Bar two nights. The piano player is suppose to start at 9:30 never heard a tune from the piano either night.

Enjoyed visiting the Bahamas. The people are polite, friendly and truly appreciative of your visit.

1 Thank KathyGoldman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!