“Staff-great, food-not so, but overall great time.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Staff-great, food-not so, but overall great time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

For starters, it should be noted that this resort is rated as a 3 1/2 star resort. So really when reviewing that should be kept in mind. That said, I had a great time at Breezes. The staff are what makes this place great. Right from Check-in till check-out, they could not have been better. From the entertainment (sweet Joey & Justin), to the bar (Michelle- try her awesome Dirty Bananas), staff are friendly, courteous, and attentive. Once when one of the guests made a vulgar comment,Justin was quick to step in and let him know that it was not appropriate language in mixed company, which was exemplary.
The beach was nice, however as it was quite windy the seaweed had come ashore, which wasn't the resorts fault, but did take away from the beauty. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the pool and on the beach. The poolside grill food was good, great for lunchtime snacks. The buffet for dinner however, was terrible. Apparently, there is a renovation underway for the buffet area and it has been moved temporarily, so whether that has anything to do with it or not, I don't know. But if the quality of the food is the same when it moves back, stay far away. It's good for breakfast though. The ladies on the grill make a great omelette. But for dinner make sure you make a reservation for the garden of Eden. It's the only good food at the resort (along with the pool grill). The rooms were as expected. Nothing more, nothing less, but other than from midnight till morn, you're not in it anyway, and everywhere seemed clean. The resort is also one short #10 bus ride to downtown. We went a couple times (did some shopping) and found the people very friendly and felt quite safe. Overall, had a great time at Breezes and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trippychicky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,556)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We were expecting a come down as we had come straight from the fontainbleau in miami to here and stayed for 3 nights before moving on to the atlantis but when we arrived it wasn't to bad, the entertainment area as we went through reception looked a bit like a youth club multi coloured decor everywhere and pool/table tennis tables when we made it to the room it was ok quite a good size and clean but did smell a bit musty I was expecting that after reading reviews.

The main dining area wasn't open so the buffet was served in a smaller restaurant to the front of the property didn't bother us food was fine and the drinks were good all premium brands better than some all inclusives we had been to in Europe which was all local spirits and were horrid.

The weather wasn't brilliant which I was so disappointed about clearly nothing to do with the hotel lol unfortunately the sea was rough so we could go in!!! Bit upsetting when we had come all the way from the uk to go in the gorgeous blue sea :( but that's life, we had a massage one afternoon when the weather turned rubbish and it was money well spent Marcel did a really good hour long massage I have had a lot of massages and this was definetly in the top 3 I've had.

The pools were ok but really cold I stuck to the jacuzzi most of the time there were plenty of sunbeds free unlike some hotels when you have to get up at the crack of dawn to get one.

The evening entertainment was good but also quite funny a lot of older people slow dancing and people even tried getting us up there but being in our twenties we have never slow danced in our lives :-0 staff were all really friendly no complaints also there was a lot of lovely people at the resort so it was easy going.

To some up our stay if you are looking for a good value time away its for you it's not luxury but what can you expect for the price the when ate out later in the week when we weren't staying in the hotel we couldn't believe the cost so grab a bargain here also try the conch fritters at the lunch bit near the pool they are yummy. One more thing is there is a huge new resort being built next door looks like it will be amazing when its done but when you pull up next to it you think oh dear but it didn't disturb our stay so it wasn't a problem.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SwindonJo25
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I absolutely LOVED it. I had a blast. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. I love the entertainment and the food. I had such a good time I didn't need to leave the resort for anything. Thanks to Justin, Rio, Marco, Marvin, Sherene, Keno, Lisa, Chakara and lots of others for making my stay great and giving me a GREAT Bahamian experience. I will definitely be back...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharvette W
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have just completed a week at this resort and i was very pleased with my experience.
The entertainment staff was very good and the beers flowed freely.

The beach did have a lot of Sea Weed washed ashore due to some high winds but i am not a beach person so it didn't bother me. My wife and i met lots of nice people that i am sure we will stay in touch with them over facebook.

The bar staff was above and beyond at the pool bar ..... With most of the bar staff always addressing you by your first name. Avernell ( One of the female members of the pool bar staff ) was amazing and a real credit to the Breezes resort.

This is a 14+ resort so it was a nice getaway for my wife and i.... Away from the kids :)

If you are a couple that enjoys soaking up the sun and drinking lots of alcohol then this place is for you.

Pros :
Great entertainment.
Great Staff.
Pool Snack Bar Grill was good.
Breakfast was always good.
Staff are always cleaning the public areas.

Cons :
Musty damp smell in all bedrooms due to location and high humidity.
Poor choices of food for the main lunch and dinner buffets... ( I'm a really picky eater )
Lacking fridges in the rooms.
Decor is outdated but is currently under renovations.

Overall :
If i was to go back to the Bahamas i would pick the Breezes resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scott B
Orillia, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This year we have been at Breezes Bahamas that started from January & February, May, October and November - it has been wonderful.

The rooms are very much the same with the others but some have suites to see the ocean, also there is a Cabana but with a $.
We met a lot of people and some have kept as friends. The staff are so good - both food and drinks are excellent and The Garden of Eden and the Martinos in the evening. We had a great time as usual and the staff was excellent.

The main buffet is under renovations at the moment and will be open in a few weeks with a state of the art restaurant for all to enjoy. We are so looking forward to dini8ng there in the future.

Any questions please don't hesitate to send us a email or private message.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank regkit
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Breezes Resort made this birthday celebration THE BEST birthday of my 20s. With great customer service, decent food, entertainment and amazing staff members, this will be one that I will never forget and I’m eager to return too. We arrived in Nassau on November 7, 2013 our flight was in the morning so we were nervous that we wouldn’t be able to check in until 3pm, fortunately, without questions or attitude GINGER (she’s lovely) checked us in early without hesitation. When we reserved the rooms we requested joining rooms, and to my surprise we received just that. The rooms were nice sizes, with furniture typical to that of an island resort (real wood, none of the cheap stuff! Lol) I work for a plumbing supply company so the snob in me hated the bathroom fixtures…but that’s just a personal issue I need to work on LOL

Now to the people that made my birthday everything that it was and my stay at Breezes a phenomenal experience:

Front Desk: I’ve already mentioned Ginger she was just lovely and kind. She took her time to explain things and checked us in seamlessly. Audley; what a cutie, he usually worked at night, but he was willing to help us if we had any questions.

Bar: On the first day, Ms. Angela was the ultimate bartender. In my opinion she’s the only one who knows how to actually make good drinks and even creates her own concoctions. She was so kind and helped me bring in my birthday properly. She had great conversation and is just genuinely a good person. You can always tell who is just being nice because they are at work, and who is being nice because they have a good heart; Ms. Angela has a beautiful heart. For good drinks, find her and she will make sure they are strong AND tasty.

Entertainment: Rio, Em-Jay, Durelle, Justin, and Marvin…what AMAZING individuals. They made sure that we participated in every activity even if we didn’t know what we were doing (like playing Volleyball), their enthusiasm ensured that we would have a great time. From Toga to Casino night all the activities they hosted were a blast. They were even nice enough to allow me to beat them in Pool haha just kidding…I lost so very badly but nonetheless, they made it a fun.

Livingston- I can’t remember exactly what his job title was, but I think it was supervisor of housekeeping; either way… he looked out for us, suggested things to do off the island, the best places to eat (as I don’t really care for tourist spots), and made sure that every day that I was there was a celebration of my birthday. Great guy.

James- was a server in the Italian restaurant and he was so nice and attentive. I wish service was like that everywhere I went. He brought yummy drinks without having to be asked, just giving us something different to try.

Edwin- He was in charge of the rock climbing. Rock Climbing is over at 2pm and we arrived around 1:58pm, rather than getting an attitude that we still wanted to rock climb even though it was closed, Edwin simply smiled and said “okay, I’ll stay open later just for you all” and with that, we rock climbed and it was such an exhilarating experience.

I do have to give a round of applause to all of those who were in the kitchen. My mother and her girlfriends came on this trip as well, and my mom has a very bad allergy to life; soy (which is in everything), so her food has to prepared in a very special way really not using any seasonings or oils. Not only did Breezes accommodate this allergy, they did so with a smile on their faces, the chefs came out and personally spoke to her gathering a list of what she can and can’t have. There was also an enforcer (I can’t remember her name) but she basically would notify the chefs of if my mother was in the dining room and they would prepare the food differently for her. Since eggs are items that don’t bother her, they made sure to have a lot of those on hand. Talk about going above and beyond.

As an overall experience on a scale from 1-20 I would give my stay at Breezes a 20, hands down. I’ve travelled around the world, from Turkey to Italy, to the Turks and Caicos and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED WITH SUCH CARE AND GENUINESS. I was treated like royalty, my birthday was so special, and the staff ensured that I would have grand memories for life.
I’ve been to the Bahamas multiple times and stayed at various locations, however, this has been by far my best experience ever. A great all inclusive experience…that is a vacation for the books, and I will be back.

Thank you to Livingston, Audley, Ginger, Rio, Justin, Durelle, Em-Jay, Marvin and Ms. Angela, many blessings to you all and Breezes don’t lose good people! These are winners!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Joy-yahhh
Pennsauken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Second time here. Will surely be a third. Rooms could use some work, but who spends time in room. Staff very frindly. Food service and bar staffreally nice. Get Lakeiha to make you a "hurricane". Best I ever had.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank m1941d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!