“3rd Trip-Time to move on.”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was my third time to Breezes, the last being about 10 years ago. I have to say that they have really let the property go down. The buffet food was horrible....Every meal it was cold and the buffet trays were always messy. Who wants cold scrambled eggs in morning.

Another annoyance was that they do appear to have a problem with towels. I didnt get a washcloth for two days.

They also need ice machines. Never been to a hotel that didnt have one
They also should have a small coffee pot in room for morning. I hate having to get dressed and fixed up to have to go down and get a cup of coffee in morning.

I think they need to do a little updating, maybe a paint job and fix the hanging lights along with working on the food. Years ago it was a fantastic buffet.

The fact that it is a small and hassle free property is what I do love about Breezes.

I also want to thank the bartenders..Especially Missy in the Lobby Bar and Michelle in the pool bar. They are probably the best bartenders I have ever dealt with. Tell them Steve and Maria said hi and thank you.

In addition to them, all of the staff is wonderful at Breezes and treated us decently.

Room Tip: Definitely do an oceanfront room. The view is fantastic.
1  Thank Maria G
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Maria,
I am concerned that your most recent visit did not meet with expectations.
I have dropped you a private message and seek to regain your confidence.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

being our third trip to breezes, my cousin and I are waiting to go back again, we have such a great time there. we are treated like royalty by the staff, and feel like were home. there are too many people to mention, but would like to mention Maurice (our adopted son) mr blackberry , polo sherene, lechea, many many more,the food was over the top,and entertainment is the best. I cant` say enough for our stay.
I`ve traveled over the world, stayed in 5 star hotels, but none can compare to the special way we are treated at breezes. needless to say we can`t wait to get back. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to relax in the sun

Room Tip: we had a garden and ocean view, perfect I think any area has lots of ocean and garden views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank joytoknow
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This by far was the worst place I have ever stayed. I have no clue where to start. There is a lot to cover. I'm including some pictures to prove what I'm saying is true. Arrival was fine and the staff at the front desk were all very nice although it took some time to get checked in. When we went up to our room on the 7th floor the second we got off the elevators all I could smell was bleach. It was super strong and not inviting at all. We got into the room and I was very disappointed. There were holes in the tile floor of my room...yes holes. The drape over the sliding glass door was ripped in multiple locations and hand sewn back together. The funiture was dated (as is the entire resort). The drawers to the dresser were very hard to open/close. I think sleeping on a carpeted bedroom floor would be more comfortable than the beds. In addition our sheets were stained and had hairs on them. I have no clue what these stains were but it's disgusting that they would think that's acceptable. The bathroom was awful. There was crud all around the shower, mold on the grout and stains dripping down from the shower handle. In addition the rubber seal on the shower door was literally hanging there. Also there is a clothes line in the shower where you can hang your wet bathing suits. It was covered in pink and black mold. The ironing board is filthy dirty and covered in rust. We were there to attend a wedding so I had on choice but to use it. I had to place a towel over it in fear that the filth and rust would transfer to my clothing. And this is just the beginning!!! Lets talk about the rest of the place. The resort is extremely dated. There were cracked tiles everywhere and holes in the floor in multiple locations That is not what I call safe. The floor around the pool tables is also falling apart. In addition the pool deck is also a mess with cracks and missing chunks of concrete. But the most disgusting thing ever was the pool area. Not only is the deck falling apart but this resort does not using fishing line overhead to try and keep the seagulls out. So the seagulls hang out IN THE POOL! There is bird poop all over the pool deck, in addition feathers and God knows what in the pool water. The water was very cloudy in the pools and a film of oil over the top of the water. It's so bad that the tiles on the side of the pool are black and disgusting. Needless to say we really did not utilize the pool at all as this was disgusting. We spent most of our time down at the beach. There are plenty of chairs on the beach and the water activities are a nice addition (we utilized the kayaks and had a nice time paddling around. Now lets talk about the service and food. The first night we went to the buffet (the 2 restaurants on site need you to call and make reservations and quickly fill so we were out of luck night #1). We arrived at the buffet and nobody really paid any attention to us nor greeted us. We walked around aimlessly trying to find an available table and finally sat down without the assistance of any of the staff. Someone eventually came over and poured us some ice water. The young man pouring the water missed my cup and poured water all over the table before finally filling my cup. He never apologized for doing this and walked away and never came back. So I'm sitting there with a table covered in water dripping off the edges. Also each tabel is covered with a linen and a piece of glass over the top so it's easy to wipe the tables. The linens are disgusting. There is dried crusty food all over the table we were sitting at. I have to wonder how often these are actually cleaned/laundered. We decided to get a plate and foot. At the buffet there was a traditional bahamian soup which resembled a vegetable soup with dumplings and meat in it. I decided to get a bowl and was in for a surprise. I took 3 bites and all 3 bites I found bones in my soup. Over all the food buffet was what you could expect. Mediocre food best! The food in the restuarants was much better so if you choose to stay here I would suggest eating there and avoiding the buffet altogether. You have to utilize the buffet every morning for breakfast and it was always the same....nobody would great you, poor service if any and dirty linens. Remember how I stated I was on the 7th floor? It was a great view but quickly turned into a pain in the rear when all the elevators stopped working. So we had to walk up and down 7 flights of stairs getting to and from our room. I dont mind excercise but it was frustrating to walk up that far back and forth. In addition each time the cleaning lady would clean our room she would take every towel and wash cloth in the bathroom even if they were hanging up. This happeend 2 days in a row. I have no clue why they wouldn't replace them but after multiple calls and flagging down the cleaning staff in the hallway and waiting an hour or so we eventually received towels again. We ended up using the "do not disturb" sign on our door to keep the cleaning lady out so we would ensure we had towels in our room. The only positive thing I can say is that the all inclusive drinking kept me from losing my mind at this place. Last but not least there were so many "spring breakers" unbelievably drunk and wasted. They were obnoxious and I felt served entirely too much alcohol. If I was 21 and in college on spring break I would probably think this place was phenomenal with all you can eat/drink and on the beach. They were so loud that it was not as peaceful as we were hoping - even inside you could hear them partying it up when we were in our rooms. If I hadn't paid in full up front before our trip I would have left. The problem is that Breeze's policy is not to refund money but to give you a voucher to come back....WHY would I ever come back? I highly suggest you paying some extra money and staying at a nicer location. This resort could be great if they knocked it down and rebuilt it and hired professional staff! It was awful and I am annoyed that I wasted the money to spend a week here.

5  Thank KCLH07
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear KCLH,
We are sorry that you did not have a satisfactory visit at Breezes Bahamas.We are cognizant
that on occasion a guest may not pleased with aspects of our product.We have in place
a satisfaction guarantee that allows for corrective action to be taken inclusive of a
relocation or refund.
It is truly unfortunate that you did not afford us an opportunity to address your concerns.
Our team is committed to ensuring the best possible vacation for our guest.Our ability to
resolve issues or make corrections is aided by some expression of dissatisfaction.
Thank you.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Be sure to pack a scented plug-in for your room as I did after reading the reviews. The mold/mildew odor is very strong. The scented plug-in helped tremendously! However, if you hang your clothes in the closet the odor will get on your clothes. Other than the odor, the rooms are very average and could use an update and a deep cleaning. If you leave a tip for the housekeeper, your room will be tended to nicely. I had to remind myself of the fact that they do things differently in the Caribbean. They could use a Housekeeping manager from the States.

The food was plentiful and good along with the drinks. Nice pool area and beautiful beach. Most of the staff was very friendly. We felt safe with security throughout the resort. Overall, I would visit again only if the rooms are updated. A solid 3-star resort.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AllThings0777
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This resort has the most amazing staff, pleasant, diligent and very accommodating!Chantelle@ the front desk was so pleasant & helpful!Angela the best bartender will certainly be remembered by the M&M's& their college kids!Definitely worth it to rent a cabana & have cabana boy Dorian bring drinks!make sure to make dinner reservations as early as you can at front desk!We loved the food & service at the Italian restaurant went back a second time ... Ask for Keno he treats you VIP!lDidn't matter that there were so many spring breakers... We felt like we were back in college! The entertainment was great so was security! The beach was beautiful& would definitely go back to the ocean front room ground level. The maintenance of the grounds was impeccable!housekeeping was great too!
One of my favorite things about Breezes was the friendly staff!
I only wish there was a casino on site& bottled water was available in your room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marianne M

Hi Marianne,
So good to know that your group had such an enjoyable vacation.Your vote for our
staff is appreciated.We are delighted that they stood out so positively.
See you next year!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The food and staff were great here! We just came from the Melia and felt like we completly downgraded hotels but the staff was friendly and better service, no long lines.
Pro's
Good Service, Good Food, Lots of beach Chairs, plenty of towels, nice beach, Friendly Staff, Air Conditioner in room worked well. Lots of activity such as table tennins, vollyball. No issue with getting towels in our room we just asked for them when they came to clean the room in the morning. Make dinner reservations, food was great at Italian Restaurant.
Con's: Room looked like it was from the 70s, musty smelling, hotel smells like pine-sol. King size bed was worn out, green carpeting. Difficult to make dinner reservations we did not get a chance to enjoy The Garden of Eden Restaurant.

If you are looking for a cheap all inclusive this is it. Dont expect anything fancy but if you just want to lay out, drink and eat, this is the place for you. Good for younger adults on spring break.
I personally will spend a little more to stay someplace nicer next time but the staff was better than down the street where we just came from.

3  Thank Liz B

Hi Liz,
Thank you for writing.We are sorry that certain elements of your vacation did not meet with expectations.Your observations will aid in our continual efforts at enhancing our facility.The
remarks relating to our team and friendly dispositions are truly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Jackson Weech.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Breezes was a phenomenal experience. The food was much better than expected, and the drinks were endless and delicious. The other guests were also very easy going and fun to get along with. Every night, there's live music by the lobby, and there was always a lot of people hanging out having a good time. The hotel staff is super kind too. If you go, look for Jason Davis...he was one of the staff who was always around making sure everyone was having a good, and fun time. And tell Marshika, Kisha, Carrie Ann, and the other bartenders that Travis says hi.

Room Tip: Get a room on the poolside, it has much better views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travis D

Hi Travis,
Thanks for taking the time to share.Super to know that you had wonderful time at Breezes
Bahamas.Thanks for choosing us !
Jackson Weech

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!