“So-so at best” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Walled Lake, Michigan
“So-so at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went on a senior trip with my daughter and knew it would not be the best experience. Disappointed that ALL the drinks were so watered down. Might have been because they had so many 17-18 year old kids visiting, but as an adult was disappointing. Nothing I would do again and hope my other children pick a better senior trip location.

Also, they allowed drug dealers to stay just on the edge of the beach near all the kids. Never once doing anything to deter their involvement with guests (mostly children).

One more thing -- every day they would take our towels and promise to return them later washed. We always had to call later for the missing towels. I don't understand because the hotel was only half full -- the following week was the really busy spring break so they must have been really short of towels then.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole E
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your posting.Our resort deploys a private security company to protect its
property.We have recently changed out security companies with a view towards a more
effective working.Individuals at the shoreline are outside of the control of our resort.We
do however work very closely with the local authorities in the on going monitoring and
removal of individuals that may be engaged in illicit activities.
The towel challenge alluded to has been rectified and we have no further concerns.The
spring break segment of our business is a very small window and generally limited to the
month of March.
Thank you for the feedback.
Jackson Weech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,552)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Last month I stayed at Breezes. I loved it here so much, that I had to come back again & bring some friends with me. With that being said, I love that it's an adult all-inclusive resort. I'm on vacation & don't like to see a lot of unattended children running around.

As for the hotel accommodations...We didn't have half the issues the other reviewers seem to have. Check-in was a breeze & the room was clean. My only issue was a hard bed, but that's not going to stop me from having fun. I spent abt 10% in my room anyway. The hotel is more outdated than some & still is in the process of making renovations. Who really cares about the color scheme, I like that I'm getting my money's worth!!

Food/drink: I love the food & the variety. Tried something new everyday. As for the drinks...unlimited alcohol for those interested ;)

Entertainment: You never have to leave the resort if you don't want to...there's a club in the basement. The gorgeous beach is steps away from your door. The staff welcomes you & makes you feel at home. Thanks to Justin for making our extended weekend one that we won't forget!

Overall I had a great time & I'll be seeing you guys soon.

• Stayed July 2014
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Enjoyed the Breezes,very busy during spring beak though...you have to get up very early to get a good spot on the beach,has a great beach...I would suggest visiting Paradise Island an Atlantis while there.
If you like to gamble....there is a resort about ten minutes away walking distance
Drinks are great,lots of nightlife at the resort,plenty of shopping to do around the area

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 12Caribbean12
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went for a short 3-day trip. Really enjoyed all the amenities. Great place for couples who don't want the distraction of kids. Very romantic! Good food. Drinks are very strong. Enjoyed the hammocks, the park swing for 2 and the beautiful fine dining restaurants. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Only con was the room could have been updated a bit and our room was a "garden view" but it was more of a construction view. They're building a huge resort right next to the Bahamas Breezes. At least the bathroom has been recently updated.

Room Tip: Didn't like the scent of the detergent used on the sheets. Sliding glass door needed fixed as it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank Diana S
Levittown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I traveled in a group of 50. Having been there twice with the group I really did not want to return as the previous visits were so-so at best. We had heard it was remodeled, but that was not apparent upon our arrival.

Check-in: Did it as a group and was pretty painless, but something I had failed to do was to leave my deposit in the form of cash. The reason for that was the first time we went someone in our group had their credit card information used fraudulently. This time when we checked out I asked for my blank receipt and they insisted they gave me a copy, which they did not and after a bit they checked and there it was in the pile that had our entire groups receipts. I informed the rest of the group and one by one they went and miraculously found their receipts as well.

Decor: No apparent change since we were last there three years ago.

Bar: The one in the entertainment area is okay, but the liquor is garbage and the beer (Kalik) leaves much to be desired. A bartender was heard asking a manager for another bottle of Absolut and he was told, stop pouring so much. I don't believe it's truly Absolut, but once their two bottles are gone, it's back to the prison hooch.
The pool bar serves it's purpose and the staff is nice and helpful.
The beach bar......wait there is none. There really should be and could be one set up where the grill is.
The Hurricane Club: there were a lot of teens/twenty somethings at the resort, but the club seemed to cater more to the staff that was off duty or part of the entertainment team. I heard four thump thump songs in a row, each filled with the "N" word. We walked out.

Restaurants: Buffet..uggh...it is, dare I say, okay. Well, breakfast was okay and that's about it.
Marino's, don't bother. It's closed on Sunday. How can you close one of only two in house restaurants at an all inclusive? You have to reserve a day ahead between 9 and 11, maybe they'll let you call on the same day. I tried to get reservations for 40 and was limited to 24, all tables of four so I took it. I ended up not going because there were too many people that wanted to from my group so I backed out. Those people that went said they could have fit all 50 of us as many tables were empty. I ended up going another night and it was bad, there's no other way to put it.
Garde of Eden, I did not go, but others said it was ok with the exception of the flies and other winged creatures.
Grill at the pool, it is okay for a hot dog. My bride said the greek salad with crab salad was good so I'll take her word for it, but there's no dressing/oil for it. The fried stuff just seemed way too greasy. I tried a couple of things, but it was not appetizing. The grill is supposed to be open til 6, but they often run out of stuff by 5. Poor.

Room: The west side of the hotel is numbered through the 30's or so. FYI, the even #'s face west and the odd#'s face the pool. We were on the 4th floor and had no major room complaints. I did ask for two towels, returning the used ones to the maid at which time I asked for two washcloths, the small ones, but she didn't have any. Apparently they're a hot commodity. I gave her $5 and she said she couldn't, but I insisted. I was in a good mood and we'd just gotten there. Take care of her, she'll take care of us. I asked here twice more over the next two days and never got them. There was no clock radio so I asked the desk for one on day one, twice. Again the next day "you didn't get that yesterday?" NO! Again day three, until I just gave up. There was an issue with a bunch of teens that arrived a day before we left and four of their rooms were burglarized and many items and $$ stolen. Some say the rooms might have been left open and I heard a few saying they were locked.

Staff: Some helpful, but most not. Girls that would seat us for breakfast at the buffet were very nice and friendly, but in general service is not the forte of the staff.

Cabs: Get a price before you get in. We were overcharged a number of times. It should cost $26 to get to the Atlantis. We paid $40, but that was 8 of us and we didn't blink at $5 a person. the doormen at the hotel and restaurants are only more than willing to partake in the flim-flam with the cab drivers. There are some honest ones, but you have to look hard. Apparently they'll charge you $16 to get to the casino just down the street, but you can walk to it along the beach. It opens at 4 and closes at 12. (slots only)

Entertainment: One of the acts in house at night was okay. The pool entertainment leaves a lot to be desired. Very weak. Breezes should send their staff to Cancun to see how real service is and see what an entertainment team does.

Overall, as a group Breezes would be the perfect spot because the location is great. We mainly just lounged at the pool and beach all day with most of us just laying in the ocean for hours taking in the beautiful water and sun, but the service, food and drinks are not up to par. (I'm being nice)

Room Tip: Odd side of the west wing. Even side faces apt. and construction. The east wing, I believe has dec...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank gringomike
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting with us again at Breezes.We are sorry to note that you were concerned
prior to your most recent stay.We have recently created an entirely new central dining facility,
changed out tiling in central lobby and entertainment areas,remodeled the main bar and conducted
numerous other enhancements.We are continually refreshing our product.Under no circumstances
does our beverage outlets serve products that is not consistent with labeling.Liquors include
Johnny Walker Black,Dewars white label,Jack Daniels,Canadian Clubs,Crown Royal
amongst other top labels.
We endeavor to allow all of our visitors avail of the specialty restaurants.We are sorry that
that you opted not to dine but note that your fellow travelers enjoyed the experience.Our grill
does close at 6:00pm and save inclement weather is staffed and dispenses food for the hours
posted.
We have addressed and will continue to monitor the opportunities highlighted in terms of
service.We consistently receive exceptional feedback on service and are concerned that
this was not your experience.
Again,thank you for the feedback.
General Manager.
Dawsonville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Room decor looks stuck in 1980, but bathrooms were updated. Resort itself looks dated. Beds were comfortable to sleep on, but sheets were on the rough side. Nightly entertainment was simply something to do, not very good and not very well attended - truly, just something to do. Buffet: good for breakfast, ok for lunch, lousy for dinner - but, the salad bar had a good selection and three basic melons at every sitting. The four other restaurants are not always open, depends on season, Martino's salads were amazing, everything else fell short. Garden of Eden appetizers and soup were great, all else fell short, i.e. Tuna Steak was good, but topped with a mix of macadamia nuts and green olives, not a very good combination. Ocean was beautiful, easy access to canoes, kayaks, hobie cats, If you go, bring a mask and snorkel, there are some fish and turtles to see in the swimming area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveltimeforus47
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the posting.We note your observations and thank you for sharing.Your comments in terms of food have been shared with our Executive Chef.In general the feedback on our food
is exceptional in both terms of variety and quality.Our resort boasts the only live native band
and nightly themed shows.We are sorry that this variety and authentic display of Bahamian
entertainment was not to your liking.
Again,thanks for sharing.
General Manager.
England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upon check in we were asked to provide room deposit of $100, we had 2 rooms and paid on our card a total of $200.
Upon check out were told the money would appear as a refund on the same card.They then took a further payment for the room charges (cabannas) which was paid promptly in another transaction on the same card.
However, it is now 16 days later and they have still not returned my $200. The rooms were left in the original state and clean. So there are no issues on that front, it is just pure lack of action on the hotels side.
It is not just about the resort, it is about the overall experience and for me I am very disappointed at the poor customer service and lack of action from the hotel. They take your money very quickly but appear not to have the same efficiency when returning money.

Overall, the resort itself is in a nice setting. We stayed 10 days and came away relaxed.
Food - plenty to eat and drink and satisfies picky eaters. Breakfast waffles were lovely. Need cloches over the food as flies are an issue. Getting a table with silverware, glasses was a challenge. We just got our own drinks in the end and took clean silverware from other tables so we could eat! Appears that some staff just like walking around with a jug of water and not pitching in, this would not be so bad if you got drinks. We are not used to be being waited on, but gave them time to do their job and in the end it was easier to just get on with it ourselves. The exception to this was Jarvis and Keshaun who worked so hard, if everyone was like them the place would work like a dream.
Staff - Certain staff were brilliant Jarvis and Keshaun in the dining area, Jason (entertainment) who is really welcoming and fun, and Darvin (lifeguard) who is excellent with guests and Garth (bar tender) who has a lovely sunny disposition. They are a credit to the hotel.
Rooms - Basic and had a musty smell and need updating. Not deluxe room by European standards, I would say 2 star.
Bathroom - floor tiles uneven so had to wear flip flops to prevent hurting feet. Grouting on wall tiles needs replacing. Nice sink, shower was powerful. Didn't like the little brown needle like worm things on the floor in the shower area, is it because it is musty in there? Had to do a clean sweep prior to using shower and wear flip flops.
You do not spend all the time in the room so we did not dwell on it.
Pool - Nice little spa pool, a swimming pool that has a dirty tidemark on the tiles (I saw them trying to clean it but its greasy dirt not just dirt) as well as a pool that everyone uses for volleyball and can get boisterous. Plenty of parasols (20) and lots of loungers.
Beach - gorgeous! Plenty of loungers, very few parasols. I recommend the hire of cabannas, $20, which you can then use all day long. Includes waiter service (drinks) for the day. Beach sellers are polite and quite reasonable, oh except for the lady selling ankle bracelets who wears a straw visor type hat she charged $10 per ankle bracelet saying the kids made them, so my kids felt bad and paid it but we spotted them for $4 in the gift shop later on, so just be aware, Yes they are trying to make a living but no need to rip off tourists.

Housekeeping - were fine except one night no towels. Took 5 hours to bring towels they apologised saying never got request but I had called them twice and also contacted reception. Luckily we used our own so we could shower before going to dinner.

I have classed the hotel as overall poor because their checking out customer service and the service since has superseded our experience at the resort. They keep saying they need up to 14 days to resolve the problem, asked for proof from our statement. I think that the fact they had the money is the proof as they are $200 up and can see it is from us. I have provided the information they requested and still no refund on our card. So beware and prepared to be frustrated.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms not deluxe ocean view for proper view of ocean, otherwise partial or blocked by tr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MinnieVLot

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!