“Cool”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Athens, Greece
“Cool”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice beach, lots of unlimited food, good service. Rooms can be a bit noisy, but hey, you are here for fun as well. It's 10 minutes from the airport and easily accessible by the bus number 10.

A nice place to spend a few days in new providence.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,581)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
flushing, new york
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The beauty of breezes is not just what the eye can see:
lovely beaches
fun entertainment
good food and drink
great massages
..............................
My husband and I have been coming to Breezes in the Bahamas for 15+ years and even though
my trip in July I left him there as his wish was for his ashes to be put on the reef we snorkeled with Captain Paul of the Nija boat..I will still continue to visit, Yes folks I will be back in Nov, only I will never feel alone at Breezes due to incredible staff, I Love you all.
......................
This is what the eye does not see.
The kindness and love of the staff at Breezes is like no other place in the world, for me.
There is a reason why the weekly return guest parties have excess of 40 or more guest returning.
The employees at this resort make it just not another resort but they welcome us into their home(breezes) with a desire to make our trip the best.
This is the why I will always go back and I am thankful that the people that work there for the last 15+ year are always there to make me feel welcome and special.
You cant put a price tag on that, you must come and feel the unseen for yourself.
This Island has a Grace that we all can use in these modern times.
Come and feel the beauty of Breezes.
as always
your #1 fan
Michele....,my bags are already packed
as the
great Funky D says: nobody move... nobody get hurt

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1069
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Locals are often under treated. Not here.
Staff are amazing.

I will be back and with friends.
Hotel was filled but staff did their best. Cant please everyone but they do try even though they are not given enough credit.

I love breezes and the staff

Housekeeping was always on point and front desk staff amazing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel itself is run down and not a pleasant experience. Although the beach is beautiful, the facilities are not. I would not use the pool, it looked cloudy and dirty every day. The main area with the bar and seating is dated, dark and smells old and musty. The food was mostly of inferior quality, is cold and we question the food handling. On the brighter side, you can save money here and go out to the local restaurants for a treat or take the bus and explore Nassau and Paradise Island. We went on the Island Cloud and it was one of the best snorkeling trips I have ever been on. The mega hotel going up next door might change the quiet character of Cable Beach, not for the better

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank faufamily

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Where to start??? I have NEVER written a review before....but I can tell you I have NEVER seen such poor customer service in my life!!! First off....we got there Sunday night for a 4 night stay...show up at 10 pm after a seven hour flight. The front desk tells us they have no rooms!!! We had paid in full...how could there be no rooms??? They shipped us off to another hotel....actually this one was nicer....but the front desk was rude!!
Towels!!! How do you run out of towels...at the pool...EVERYDAY???? They came and cleaned the room and took all of our towels...I had to hunt down the maid and beg for some more.
No one was in a hurry to do anything. The buffet food was OK....but they couldn't seem to figure out how to clean the tables. We tried to get a reservation for one of the restaurants...the bellman even had me use his phone to call....but it appears they only take reservations between 9 and 11... Unbelievable! The beach was beautiful...the pools were ok....but the staff was horrible!!! They never even apologized for sending us away the first day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Heidi J
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Heidi,
Thank you for visiting with us at Breezes Bahamas.We are sorry that our customer service
which our team excels at did not meet with expectations.Your feedback will be shared with the
entire team and corrective measures taken.
Your experience is certainly not in keeping with our exceptional standards.
Again,we extend our profuse apologies.We hope that future travels will continue
to include Breezes Bahamas.
Regards
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked this hotel despite some of the more negative reviews I read because I am typically much less critical than many of the reviews I read. I have to say I wish I had taken the reviews more seriously because my family and I were pretty disappointed with many aspects our 5 day trip to Breezes.

Pros:
1. The beach is awesome. It's a beautiful view, the water is warm and clean, and there are a lot of chairs as long as you get there in the morning.
2. There is free wifi---accessible in the rooms, by the pool, and even at the beach. It never dropped and it was great for someone who has no choice but to do a little work while on vacation.
3. Housekeeping was terrific. Our housekeeper, Christine, kept our room immaculate and if we saw her in the hall or left a note with a request (e.g. a new ice bucket because ours was cracked) she always went out of her way to get us what we needed.
4. The Piano Bar singer was phenomenal. He was funny, personable, and had a fantastic voice.
5. The shower was great---excellent water pressure and the temperature stayed consistent.
6. The trapeze and rock wall are fun things to do, and they had paddle boats/kayaks/hobie cat available so it's great for people that like to be a little active. Would have been great to have some paddle boards, but they did have an easy check out process for the equipment they did have. You could also easily book jet skis, parasailing, snorkeling tours, etc. from different vendors right on the beach. Just make sure you bring cash for that---most didn't take credit cards.

Cons:
1. They constantly run out of things---even the basics like ice/soda and towels at the beach. It wasn't a one day thing---it was ALL 6 days that we were there that they ran out of at least one of the basic staples.

2. There isn't enough shade on the beach for the number of rooms that they have. They don't have extra umbrellas that you could get even for a fee. If you're not at the beach by 7 am, forget about getting shade there. They tell you they have cabanas that you can rent for a fee---which would have been fine by me---but what they don't mention is that they are booked days in advance. We got there Sunday and they were booked through until Friday.

3. There aren't enough restaurants to choose from on a nightly basis, and the reservation system they have is inefficient and ridiculous. Although they list 5 different places, they aren't all open every day which limits the choices if you can even get through during the 2 hour reservation window to secure a reasonable time. We actually got a 6:45 reservation one night and it turns out that half the tables were empty even though I knew of another guest who was told they couldn't get in that night because they were booked.

4. The main dining room was always chaotic at best. They just don't have an organized system or maybe enough staff to handle the crowds. They can't keep up with the influx of people in seating people, in cleaning the dirty tables/setting new ones, in serving drinks, etc. All of the staff were so hard working and they tried their best----they just couldn't keep up.

5. The pool looked filthy, despite the fact that I saw them cleaning it every morning. It was cloudy/filmy all the time---I wouldn't get in it.

6. The food was not great. A buffet is a buffet, but the food wasn't ever hot enough. The only restaurant we "got in to" was the italian one, which was definitely a step up from the buffet. We chose to go out into town 3 of the 5 nights we were there after spending the first two nights there.

If you are on a budget and you have a lot of patience, this might be the place for you. I have a really stressful job so the last thing I need when I go away is more aggravation. I know they say they have a satisfaction guarantee, but I don't feel like I should have to spend half of my vacation complaining about things that should be standard for a resort. Not to mention that every time i went by the front desk to ask a simple question (e.g how can I rent a cabana), there was a line of people complaining about a multitude of issues (from no towels in their bathroom to not being given the King size bed or ocean view room they requested, etc.) so be prepared to wait in line!! I would rather pay more and have a resort that can provide the appropriate amount of basic supplies and hire enough staff to serve their guests. I couldn't tell you if this is a management issue or a cheap general owner who only looks at the bottom line, but there is NO WAY I would ever go back to this place. You should really think twice before you book here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank chrosc804
Dear Guest,
Please accept our apologies for the disappointments encountered during your recent visit.We
value our visitors and are truly sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations.Ours
was a temporary challenge with some soda items resulting from a short supply from our
suppliers.We note your concerns with restaurant reservations and apologize that you were not
able to fully avail of our dining outlets.Our pools are as noted are cleaned and treated continually,
any cloudiness would have been fleeting.
Any concerns brought to our attention are dispatched in the most expeditious of manners.
We again,apologize and hope to be of future service.
Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the time that we checked in until we were putting our bags in the taxi to depart, we were given the VIP treatment.

The employees of Breezes went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Jennifer, Denise, and Ms. Cox all contributed to making this a vacation to remember. Jennifer assisted us during our entire stay. She always greeted us with a smile and wanted to know if all of our needs were taken care of. Denise helped us during the check-in and check-out. Her pleasant attitude was very welcoming. Ms. Cox at the bar always served us with a smile. The entertainment staff seemed to enjoy their job and really got involved in the entertainment each night.

The bus comes right outside the hotel so it's simple to get downtown, the fish fry, and the mall.

I would recommend Breezes to others searching for a Caribbean getaway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise B
Hi Denise,
Thank you for choosing Breezes and sharing your positive experience.Your favorable
comments on the team are truly appreciated and will be shared.
Looking forward to hosting you again!
Sincerely
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!