“A pirate's life for me!”

Pirates of Nassau Museum
Self-Guided Audio Tour of Nassau
Ranked #10 of 127 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Wax exhibits celebrate the history of pirates in the Bahamas. Self guided tour.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My 18 year old twins and I stopped by the pirate museum before we left for the rum runner tour which meets next door at the Pirate Grille. It was inexpensive and very informative.The day we were there (Aug 15) we were greeted by a guy who looked, dressed and sounded every inch a pirate! Very nice. It was not crowded, when we were there. Some of the pirate mannequins were so lifelike, I swore they were looking at me! At some points we thought someone was going to jump out at us, but don't worry, they don't do that here. It is only a few blocks from the cruise ship docks and there were a lot of people around, shopping and at the bars and restaurants. Everyone we met was very nice and friendly.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a very affordable hour+ activity. The tour is self guided with plenty of notation cards and music/recorded messages in the background. They have recreated a pirate port town from 1792 down to very close details. It is well air conditioned, and comfortable to stroll through, wheelchair friendly too.
This is affordable, $12 per ticket, young children are free.

1  Thank peache68
Reviewed 10 August 2014

There were friendly pirates outside the museum encouraging people to come in. Lot s of interesting displays with information about it. I liked the pirate ship mode that you could walk on.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We found this place by accident just exploring the streets. This will take you around 45-75 minutes to get around and is pretty good value at $12pp.

The guide was great fun greeting us and introducing us to the tour. The tour itself is surprisingly well constructed, well maintained and clearly a lot of effort that has gone into the pirate artefacts and ship inside. It's a fun history tour of the pirate history of Nassau and we found interesting.

2  Thank craigstrong
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On a recent cruise, we stopped in Nassau and spent time enjoying the town. My teenagers really liked the Pirate Museum there and I enjoyed the air conditioning. It's not the best museum but it is a great little spot to hang out while waiting to go snorkeling, etc.