“very good experience”

Self-Guided Audio Tour of Nassau
Ranked #28 of 129 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Wax exhibits celebrate the history of pirates in the Bahamas. Self guided tour.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great way to learn about the Pirates history. Very informative, interesting and insightful. Our family especially our daughter enjoyed the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)
All reviews
"ship"
in 108 reviews
"audio"

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We enjoyed our visit. The pirate at the entrance was so animated and funny. He gave us a little background about the history of pirates in the Caribbean. We took a really cool picture with him. Within the museum, I learned a lot about some of our misconceptions about pirates. Then I learned about women pirates, now I am going to be doing some research to learn more. It would be nice if they had a person inside the museum to answer some of your questions instead of just plaques and an automated robotic voice.

1  Thank Ama N
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday and had to rush through due to closing early for Sunday. Nice collection of historical facts and a cool easy walk through to escape the heat.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Loved the replica pirate ship as your first enter, building up the atmosphere straight away. Very impressive. Some of the models are very lifelike. You get the feeling that a real person will jump out from somewhere along the way, so you creep through and around the corners expecting a tap on the shoulder.

It has been set up to be a varied exhibition with voices telling stories, info to read and a lot to see. A fun museum. We visited on a Sunday and I would advise checking the opening times as it closed at 12 on Sunday. Attached to the museum is a gift shop, a children's heaven I would imagine and a bar.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were first greeted by a very eccentric pirate who gave us information of pirate history and the musuem itself. He was so funny and lively and very in character! I really liked that he didn't do the typical "smile and strike a pose" picture and instead got creative and involved with us! I thought my husband was going to punch him when he picked me up and started carrying me off though haha. Once he lead us in, it was a self guided tour with lots of recorded info and wall plaques. No crowds at all, we were the only ones there at the time. Lots to read and see and listen to, and we learned a lot!