“Dont waste your money”

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Nassau City, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Atleast the staff was friendly, had to go on more than one floor looking for ice. The water running from the tap was salty, the sheets didnt smell clean, the bed mattress had sunken in, in the elevator there is graffitti, the free breakfast was literally only muffins and bread. Dont waste your time just go to a better hotel!

4 Thank Georvette W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We only stayed here one night and that was enough. It was filthy everywhere. The rooms were disgusting, the only good thing was a decent view. I would not even take a shower or use the bathroom here. We slept in our clothing because we didn't want to open up our luggage. Don't even waste your money. I have no idea where they got those pictures they have on their site, but like one other reviewer said - they are a lie.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank disneymar

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 20 April 2013

dirty, nasty hotel, it is in desperat need of renovations. Wont stay there again. The room looks and smell old. The carpet is fitly and the bathrooms old and dirty. the only good point about this room was that the air-condition was freezing. never again. the pictures that they have up on the site is a lie.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Illianna S
Chicago
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel before when it was the Holiday Inn so having been to Nassau many times, I wanted to stay close to downtown so I picked the Nassau Palm. HUGH MISTAKE! The first room they gave me was on the 5th floor and it was so dirty I just could not stay in there. I went back to the front desk and they gave me a room on the 3rd floor. It was a little better but I still didn't even want to take off my shoes. The sad part is all it needs is a major cleaning and it would be okay. It's a prime location, close to downtown, across the street from a decent beach (it's filled with rocks though). I won't be staying here again and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank mrs_grant
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I went to the bahamas march 7 to 13 of 2013. book thru online service. The beach views are excellant..the traffic is very loud and you have to cross street to get to beach..the free breakfast was the same everyday oatmeal juice fruit and muffins not diabectic friendly. if you wanted a hot meal you had choices of eggs for 5 dollars and up.shower was hot but i complained everyday i was there that we had no water water pressure took for ever to shower this was never fixed but when the toilet paper holder fell off wal that was fixed .we were in room 560..balcony had paint peeling off the ceiling.rusty schelf in shower everything could use a update.i paid 800 dollars for my week stay that included all the resort tax fees room service fees and 11 dollars a day for extra person there was only 2 of us. free wif is in lobby area only not in your room..staff was friendly..they have a bar and a small store for snacks and sovineers. but the best part of is the location close to downtown close to beach close to fishfry we walk everwhere..price was good compared to resorts ..if you stay check room first

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank laRayneGoodwin
Odessa, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel is in a horrible condition as far as maintenance goes, it need serious attention from a paintbrush!.

However my room was clean and even though the furniture and carpet is very old I was quite comfortable in my room. My room had a nice size fridge and coffee maker. there is also a small safe in the room that was in good working condition.. I would have appreciated a microwave oven but that was not available even on request.

There are 5 floors with roughly 160 rooms but they only have one elevator.. This single elevator is extremely slow and they use it for guests as well as housekeeping. You will spend a good amount of quality time waiting for the elevator.

I booked a room with a water view & balcony and paid the additional room-rate for that, but they checked me into a room without a balcony.. When I complained they blamed it on the online company (Expedia) for sending them the incorrect information.. They offered to notify Expedia to refund me the difference. To date I have not yet seen any refund in that regard..

The location of this hotel is good, It's across the street from Junkanoo beach and withing walking distance from the main tourist area in Nassau. I also found the parking facilities to be satisfactory.

They offer a very basic breakfast which consists of oatmeal. cereal, bread & Muffins. If you need a warm breakfast they have some basic things like omelets, fried eggs, Grits, Fried sausage, etc.. available for a small additional fee. I had a ham cheese & tomato omelette for the bargain price of $4 and was not disappointed with it.

Free WiFi internet is available in the lobby but there is a surcharge for internet access in the rooms.

My advice is to print your reservation and make sure they give you the room you paid for at check-in.

Room Tip: Book online. Print your reservation and demand to get the room you paid for. Rooms 520 to 525 have...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul L
Conley
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I am usually pretty good about looking up reviews before I rent a hotel room, but I was in a rush and under some stress and so forgot to in this instance and immediately regretted it. The only positive thing was that I only stayed for one night. Firstly this is not a hotel this is a MOTEL, no a better description would be a housing project because there are people that live here. The place is outdated and dirty don't let that photo-shopped birds eye view picture fool you. The told me the rate was 85.00 but then with "taxes and fees'' it became 111.0. The sojourn to my room was ridiculous, I had to go past the eating area, to the elevator which was super slow, around the corner, over a passageway into another building, around another corner past another elevator (which I couldn't use b/c it puts you by the pool and doesn't lead all the way to the lobby), down another hallway and around another corner. They stated over the phone they had wireless internet, but only when I arrived did they mention that there was not access in the rooms ONLY THE "LOBBY", I place lobby in quotation marks because really that consisted of a few couches, and actually you had to sit in the eating area to use the computer but guess what there are only about 4-5 outlets in that area. Given the pilgrimage I just described there was no way I was going all the way down there just to use the internet. Luckily I caught the signal from the Nassau Junkanoo Beach Hotel next door and figured out their password which was wait for it.... Junkanoo. I tried to make a local outgoing call, guess what you cant it is .75 per call. The carpet in the room was filthy, I refused to walk around with out shoes. I didn't have a towel or rag and had to go to the front desk to go get it even though I called to tell them so and they said someone would bring it. I decided to take a shower to try to cool down my ire, and the water would not get hot, I couldn't even describe it as tepid or luke warm, it was cold. The battery in the smoke detector was low so it was beeping loudly every minute maintenance came to fix it, but then it went off again at 4AM, and when I called the front desk she stated she couldn't do anything b/c maintenance was not there, she couldn't get me a another room b/c management was at home, I told her she would be calling them at home if she didn't figure something out. A security guard ended up coming to take the smoke detector out of the room. Dante assuredly would have included this place in one of his circles of hell, do not rent a room here.

Room Tip: Do not ever rent a room in this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business