“Reaosnably prices in a great location”
Review of Nassau Palm Hotel

and 1 more site!
Nassau Palm Hotel
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went there in March 2012 to change my US visa status. So, I was looking for something clean, cheap, and close to the US embassy. I could not afford more at the time as I just finished my studies and was about to start my new job.

The hotel didn't disappoint me. Rooms where clean, the concierge people were friendly and the hotel is located right of the beach and a few steps away from downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GlobeTrekkerFromDC

Reviewed 4 September 2013

THis hotel is more of a makeshift budget hotel in Nassau. Located fairly near to the Paradise Island, but well connected to other parts of Nassau as well.

The rooms and bathrooms are ok but the water does have a salty feel. Lobby is not well maintained. The so called free breakfast is all rubbish. U just get different types of breads and some oily muffins. You gotta pay in case you need eggs etc. If you are looking at a good English / American breakfast in the morning, then this is certainly not the place for you.

I dont think you can get anything better for USD 91/night in Nassau.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bombaybrat
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Atleast the staff was friendly, had to go on more than one floor looking for ice. The water running from the tap was salty, the sheets didnt smell clean, the bed mattress had sunken in, in the elevator there is graffitti, the free breakfast was literally only muffins and bread. Dont waste your time just go to a better hotel!

5  Thank Georvette W
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We only stayed here one night and that was enough. It was filthy everywhere. The rooms were disgusting, the only good thing was a decent view. I would not even take a shower or use the bathroom here. We slept in our clothing because we didn't want to open up our luggage. Don't even waste your money. I have no idea where they got those pictures they have on their site, but like one other reviewer said - they are a lie.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank disneymar
Reviewed 20 April 2013

dirty, nasty hotel, it is in desperat need of renovations. Wont stay there again. The room looks and smell old. The carpet is fitly and the bathrooms old and dirty. the only good point about this room was that the air-condition was freezing. never again. the pictures that they have up on the site is a lie.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Illianna S
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel before when it was the Holiday Inn so having been to Nassau many times, I wanted to stay close to downtown so I picked the Nassau Palm. HUGH MISTAKE! The first room they gave me was on the 5th floor and it was so dirty I just could not stay in there. I went back to the front desk and they gave me a room on the 3rd floor. It was a little better but I still didn't even want to take off my shoes. The sad part is all it needs is a major cleaning and it would be okay. It's a prime location, close to downtown, across the street from a decent beach (it's filled with rocks though). I won't be staying here again and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank mrs_grant
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I went to the bahamas march 7 to 13 of 2013. book thru online service. The beach views are excellant..the traffic is very loud and you have to cross street to get to beach..the free breakfast was the same everyday oatmeal juice fruit and muffins not diabectic friendly. if you wanted a hot meal you had choices of eggs for 5 dollars and up.shower was hot but i complained everyday i was there that we had no water water pressure took for ever to shower this was never fixed but when the toilet paper holder fell off wal that was fixed .we were in room 560..balcony had paint peeling off the ceiling.rusty schelf in shower everything could use a update.i paid 800 dollars for my week stay that included all the resort tax fees room service fees and 11 dollars a day for extra person there was only 2 of us. free wif is in lobby area only not in your room..staff was friendly..they have a bar and a small store for snacks and sovineers. but the best part of is the location close to downtown close to beach close to fishfry we walk everwhere..price was good compared to resorts ..if you stay check room first

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family