I will start with the bottom line - Blue Water resort was great value for our family of 6 with kids ages 4 - 9, and we will be going back without question.
From a service perspective, staff were friendly, attentive and clearly wanted to go above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one - special kudos on this front to office staff Najwa, activities and grounds staff Seville and Johnny, and security guard/artist extraordinaire Marvin, to name but a few of the great folks working at Blue Water. As we were vacationing with our family members, the office ensured we were in adjacent villas which was a great convenience for us all.
From an accommodation perspective, we had a terrific ocean front unit (recommended) with ample space for a family of 6 (hard to come by), breathtaking views from all three levels, with all the amenities of home, right at our fingertips. The only minor item on the 'to-do' list should be replacement of the windows/sliders fronting the ocean ... some need mechanical repair (sliders) and some seals were gone causing a somewhat foggy 'lens', but again, this was a minor detail as the views remained predominantly unfettered, and really, who wants to spend too much time indoors in the beautiful Bahamas?! Beds were ample and comfy and our unit was clean and ready just past check-in time, but this minor delay was no issue as we changed into our swim wear in the hospitality suite, and hit the beach!
The property itself is intimate and was frankly perfect for us overall, with a well maintained tennis court, table tennis station, good size heated pool and a great little tiki bar serving awesome Conch fritters, Plantains and of course - ice cold Kalik beer. There are beach towels available daily and bottled water on order. The beach was perfect with ample space, ample loungers, silky sand, providing the opportunity to walk along the water at lower tide all the way up the cable beach stretch. The property provides 24 hour gated security (with friendly and helpful guards). The timeshare residents we met during the week could not have been more welcoming or helpful with great tips and dining suggestions which all proved to be spot-on (Compass Point, Twin Brothers, One & Only Ocean Club ... you know who you are - thanks !)
There is a grocery store a short walk or #10 bus away, many restaurants, cigar shop, beer and liquor stores also all within a quick walk in the warm air. The # 10 bus will take you downtown to experience the sites and sounds (bus system stops at 7pm) and when taxis are in order, keep our man Bertram Wallace (cab 49) busy as he deserves all the business he can get - an honest, helpful and pleasant gentleman who we will be calling for all of our taxi runs the next time we head to Bahamas to visit our friends at Blue Water resort.
Thanks for the great time Blue Water team ... keep the great service focus going!
The Smith family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in November 2017. Blue Water Resort is a tropical escape. Relax in spacious three-bedroom ocean or garden villas. Step outside and enjoy the island breeze and sounds of the unending waves. Play tennis onsite or jump into the beautiful ocean-side pool. Treat yourself to the excitement of the nearby casino, go deep-sea fishing or put on your snorkel and fins. At night, visit Da Sand Bar & Grill for dinner, or visit the bright lights of Paradise Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Hotel Nassau
- Blue Water Hotel
- Blue Water Nassau
- Bahamas Guanahani Village
- Guanahani Village
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Bahamas/Nassau