“DON'T TRUST AIRPORT PERSONNEL AT INFORMATION DESK”
Review of Sun Fun Resort

Sun Fun Resort
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Laverne
“DON'T TRUST AIRPORT PERSONNEL AT INFORMATION DESK”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

awful, awful awful, no air, no tv remote, no phone, clerk awful too, cabbie warned us not to go out at night, no places near to eat. 'residents' noisy by pool no windows
airport conceirge must get a kick back for the 'cash only' clause.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank MissMakeBelieve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I wish to God I had looked at reviews before going to this hit from hell... I have never stayed in a more disgusting, infested, fleabag Hotel in my entire life. I was overcharged and had no service, no eyes, very smelly water, the place and not been cleaned, sand and some others sawdust like substance coded the floors and was even inside the drawers. There were no trash cans anywhere so I threw any garbage I had in a dirty Korner which is where I can only assume everyone else must have thrown their trash is well. Thank God I don't carry a blue light like the forensics teams on TV, or I'm sure I never would have been able to lay down in the bed and fall asleep eventually,after the hooker in the next room stop having sex...so I guess what I'm saying is don't bring the kids don't bring family don't go anywhere near this place please I beg you for your own safety !!
peace

• Stayed November 2013
11 Thank bsteele7

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The hotel was recommended by our Taxi cab driver in an effort to save money. Overall, we really didn't save that much or the small saving was not worth the stay. In fact we were over charged compared to the rates on the internet. The first night we didn't have hot water and after several complaints the hot water was fixed by the morning. The bed was not comfortable. The bath tub looked like it had not been cleaned. No trash cans in the room. Asked several times for extra towels but was never received, however, the maid service replaced them the next day, but failed to replinish the tolet paper. Not worth the stay. No iron or iron board in bedroom for your convenience. Hotel is run down. Room not worth more than $40 a night. Pool área is dreadful.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Sandra O
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Again, like other reviewers, this motel was found for us by the Airport staff (nurse). I had taken ill just before we'd checked in for flight home to UK and had to go to the Emergency Clinic for treatment and was too ill to travel that night. The first room we were taken to was in an annex past the pool. The room was disgusting - no window, stench of very strong paint, no control to turn AC on. We were moved to a room in the main building - which was a bit better but would certainly not have chosen to stay here and if I'd not been ill and just needed to lie down, we would have even camped the night at the airport. We also did not feel safe here and my husband moved our cases behind the door to help prevent someone getting quietly into our room. He was worried about leaving me the next morning as he needed to get to a pharmacy for the prescription the Doctor had written for me. We'd checked in at midnight and before 11am next morning my husband was told we'd need to check out or hire the room for another night, even though we'd be leaving for the airport at 7.30pm - less than 24 hours since we'd checked in. The receptionist also told my husband that the room we were in was an upgrade and that the cost of this should be 125$ per night - not the 75$ that we were quoted (cost of first room). However, my husband disputed this and we did get the room for 150$. I cannot comment on any other areas of the motel as I never moved from my room. I must say that the staff were helpful to my husband as he needed to arrange taxis to pharmacy and airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DOTTIELeeds
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I love the fact that you can drive right up to the front doors of this hotel to unload your luggage. The front lobby is very comfortable and relaxing. I found the layout of the hotel to be excellent. My room had a king size bed, two end tables, a huge dressor, colored TV flat-panel with bathroom and a big closet the restaurant had the best tasting conch fritters that I had on the island and I tasted like five or six different places the staff was very accommodating I felt very relaxed and well taken care of. Terson I saw the most and was the most accommodating ended up being the owner he was hands-on and that's rare these days to thumbs-up

Room Tip: The best rooms have a king size bed with balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank drew w
Eleuthera
Reviewed 12 February 2013

worth the money that was spent make sure get room 12 its the nicest one there and the food is average nice resort close to the airport and its like i said a nice hotel for the price, i would definitely recommend this hotel as its a good clean place and maids offer services daily, the pool is average and the staff are pass helpful and very nice, parking is also good as there is lots of light and also vehicle passing constantly so the chances of your car being stolen is very low, room 12 is the best one there as the other rooms are a bit smaller and also not as nice

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Cat Island
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I must say we have stayed to Sun Fun and everything I have read is true. I asked my husband why would the airport recommend such place for tourist. I would advise anyone to just pay more to be safe this is not a place to stay when you are traveling. I need meet some good people that works in the the restaurant which easy my pain.

Room Tip: Not this place!!!!' I am so sorry to say it but it is the true..., get a tent it would be better
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple