“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Wind Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
West Wind Club
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Axminster, England, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We have been here for one week and have another one to go. It is fantastic! The staff are friendly and helpful. We have today had the Sunday Cook out for 14 dollars, steak or chicken. It was great. Happy hour at the bar is 4-6 and then the bar closes. Grocery store 5minutes walk, liquor store across the road, several restaurants within walking distance. Would recommend.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

As an owner in this interval ownership property, I can be quite critical and picky...but I have nothing but praise for the staff, the facility and the management of this resort. All the units are up to date , clean well outfitted for all comforts and well located. The pool, beach and snack bar/bar enhance the experience tremendously. There is a #10 bus that will take you downtown to shop, sight see and experience the culture of the Bahamas.Relax in the pool, the warm Caribbean waters or lie in the hammocks, this is great!

Room Tip: The food shopping, good restaurants and snack places are a short walk away. Even enjoy Starbucks jus...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank doctorc16
red oak, ia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have owned a time share for several years, and I couldn't be happier. It is quiet and seculded, but a quick jitney ride if you want more action. The staff is very helpful and always go over and above with friendly service. If you want an enjoyable and relaxing vacation this is the place. It is so much better than staying in a hotel!!! Check out the website and book!!!

Room Tip: First floor is easy to pull in suitcases. The second floor has a beautiful view!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank luvsummer2
Glendale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Got here:

Bathroom: Cracked light switch, baseball size chunk out of back door & cracked glass shelf in bathroom, brown mold stain in bathtub, Cvc pipe for towel rack, very small not enough room for two people to get ready at and no other place w shelf and mirror together to get ready if you are not vacationing by yourself. Kleenex provided are super dry so if you have allergies or are sensitive bring your own or buy at store. They do provide towels, toilet paper, tiny bar soaps and a hair dryer  for bathroom amenities. The toilet paper is cheap and rough the public restrooms at the fish fry has better and softer toilet paper.

They don't change bed sheets and won't let u change them yourself, you have to pay to wash them (this I disliked big time who comes to vacation w their loved one and doesn't expect to dirty the sheets ;) and how lame to not offer a change of sheets if requested

-villa 22 patio is nothing but small blocked in wood fence no plants or anything, the staff had no politeness to stay away and be quiet in the morning and instead would come by shouting at 9 in am and earlier when I'd like to sleep in a little, you could here the laundry machines running in bedroom,  which is literally next to and in same building as clubhouse and doesn't have all the nice stuff as the rest of 21 villas. The bed frame isn't put in so if you move in the bed much the frame bangs on wall which for us was the laundry room...this was our Rci room and I asked if we would have that room anyway and they said yes but that was a lie because another couple I spoke with booked Rci and they got a nice villa w the extra room and all. We got shorted.

View
-from back window in villa  is literally a fenced off window w junk in it view
- can see the ocean when by clubhouse beautiful view of Stuart's island and another island and  the ocean water is beautiful clear bright blue
- while high tide you can't walk on beach like others have mentioned, the beach is maybe 10 ft wide at beginning  and depending how high of tide barely not much sand. Tide has to be really low for any chance of a walk and wasn't once while we
were there. If you want a larger area for a beach where you can actually walk on the sand head west towards sandals and when by round-a-bout take a right on street which is end of the border of sandals. there you'll have some beach and an area to walk down and a view and some jets skis to rent or sail boats

Charges:
-$4 for a beach towel per person per week can be exchanged daily
-Laundry is not free: washer $2 dryer $1 soap & fabric softner $1.25
- phone call local 50 cents per call, $1.25 for toll free call
- if you don't clean everything before you check out they will charge you $25, this consists of stripping bed of sheets and all towels shown used, cleaning all dishes (you have to do by hand no dish washer)
- if u use credit card w the resort they charge a 4,5% service charge on all credit cards so better to pay cash if you brought it
- If booked through Rci there is a $12.50 per night utility charge
-$1.25 for 10 oz water $1.75 for gallon and $7.50 for 5 gallon buy your water here
- jitney ride $1.25 per person per trip which will take u down town or anywhere in between like the fish fry
 don't take a taxi unless u have to or want to pay a lot of money.

Activities: they provide lots of brochures at the desk but don't help else wise they say they'd help but when I wanted to book a trip they said go call in your room (there is a charge for local calls) I was upset at that point but said okay do u have a number, they said its on brochure, so I go inside to get brochure no number, I look for number on my Internet that i paid way to mich for not working, finally I go back for help and all they do is look up number in phone book and have me call in my room
Again, that is not helping me w my activities which i thought was rude, and no one could give us instructions that were good to get there so we ended up lost and late to my ultimate be a trainer for the day in Atlantis, the second time I wanted to book a scuba diving trip Dony said they'd call for me so I was like okay maybe he'll  me this time, come to find out they charged a deposit on my room credit without my consent to book it and I had to call back w my room anyway to give them my credit card for the rest of the deposit on trip. They should have told me before they would charge to my room credit bc the resort charges 4.5% surcharge for credit cards and we didn't bring that much cash, another way to nickle and dime you..... I got them to take the local calls for activities off thankfully But they were very defensive when I mentioned I feel they didn't help us w activities and didn't apologize for the inconvenience.
If you want something fun and a unique experience I recommend the Atlantis ultimate be a trainer for a day activity and the Stuart coves shark dive

Food: The only thing we had at bar was conch fritters which we didn't really like its more fritter than conch.  We like local food so we went put to eat. We did have the Sunday $14 per person meal and it was pretty good large portion steak w  potato, salad and pickles.

Convenience store like everyone says is about 15 min walk away heading west (right out or westwind1) after round about. Buy water from Westwind and not store though it's cheaper at Westwind.

If you want good food go to the Fish Fry also known as Arawak caye. I recommend gulleys which has no sign but is second one from left on street going west to east. Twin brothers is good too not great.
If you want real local food just head east of the fish fry where the  beach is and you'll see little food shacks, there you'll get more for money. We loved Sonia's jerk stand the most and the grill master.
Sonia's jerk stand was welcoming and nice and you get great portions for $10 plate, this is where u can get some jerk chicken, pork and curry chicken and or ox tail. for sides it's  macaroni , rice and beans, w a bun.  Everything tastes great we have tried the jerk chicken, pork, curry chicken, and ox tail. I highly recommend ox tail if youve never had it before. All food does come w bone in.
  The grill master is where you go if u want a whole lobster for a good price, grilled almost everything shrimp, conch, lobster, fish, steak, pork chops. Also fried fish and ox tail and they have small lunch portions and dinner portions, price is better than fish fry prices and looks great.

Overall it is a nice little place but the club house still has a crowded feel to it and we like being on our own which can be easily done at a resort there's always a space without people somewhere. It is located in a nice spot w places around it and jitney stop nearby.  I personally would have preferred a place w a beach that i could take a stroll in the sand w and more service w rooms like a change of sheets at least once. If you are okay w all the above mentioned then stay here. Its not bad but not your normal resort feel and customer service. It is a home away from in that you have to do everything yourself yes. I wish I had more of a warning so I made sure to include everything for you guys.  The staff seems nice but if you have a complaint I feel like they didn't handle it well and don't like you from there. ( feeling I left with) I won't be coming back here and felt like we got ripped off for our Rci.  The timeshare owners there are very nice and we enjoyed speaking with the other people staying there. Speak w the other owners to get some good advice about the island.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank livelife7347
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We spent a week at the end of February/March 2012. 4 Adults.The weather for the most part was very good. When we were picked up at the airport we rode with a pre-arranged driver and was Very helpful. On the way to the resort he stopped at the grocery store and liquor store. The Staff was very nice and helpful. The bartender was friendly and made some very good drinks. The owners were extreamly nice and welcomed us like we were family.The apartment was clean and had most anything we needed. The pool was clean and cozy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark and Pat J
Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We exchanged our Shawnee-on-the-Delaware timeshare for the West Wind Club. We've been to the Bahamas on cruises and land vacations before but never stayed on beautiful Cable Beach. We really liked the location - lots of restaurants and the $1.25 jitneys take you around the island- and enjoyed our stay. It's one of those places that feel like home because many of the owners come back every year and are happy to see each other and meet new guests. The staff, Lauren, Donny, and Tony, are very friendly. There are 21 units, a clubhouse with a grill and happy hour, a pool, and a small beach. The property is on a long, narrow lot that goes from West Bay Street to the ocean. A driveway/road is on the right side of the lot. The duplexes (twin houses) are on the left side. We stayed in unit #19. This was an ideal location for us because it was so close to the clubhouse and beach. All units had spacious, private patios. The only thing that we didn't care for was the location of the bathroom. It was up a narrow set of stairs between the first and second floors.

Room Tip: Unit #1 is near West Bay Street where there is a lot of street noise. Unit #21 is right next to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vettebuf
portmore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

when i reach the resort, i was like WOW! this place is a home away from home.
my kids love it there, even my brother, mom and nephew. it is a small resort but well kept, friendly staff and at a good location. Thumps up West Wind Club

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family