“Ok”
Review of Towne Hotel

Towne Hotel
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was almost a hostel expirience except the rooms are not shared.

Very noisy AC which can be annoying even after some drinks..

Good location, close to restaurants, banks and bars.

This is a rough town. The hotel doesn't have any security staff at all, so lonely girls should choose another place in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Hjalmar A

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Towne Hotel in Downtown Nassau, Bahamas. It is a small hotel with lots of local flavor. I have stayed at many of the more expensive beach resorts, however I never get the true island feel. On my last trip to Nassau, I wanted more of an authentic experience. The hotel is located in the heart of down town. Walk out the front door and there are plenty of attractions, restaurants, places to shop, and just a short walk to the beach. The hotel is small and quaint. The staff is very courteous, friendly, and attentive. And the restaurant is delicious. I would highly recommend anyone stay here that wants to get away from the typical tourist island resort type vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Live2dive929
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed solo at the Towne Hotel a couple nights before Hurricane Sandy hit the Islands, a night the day after, and a couple more nights with my wife a week after the storm had passed (I used their services between side trips to the "out Islands". The staff were very accommodating and great. While most of the fancy resorts along Cable Beach suffered power outages during the storm, the Towne Hotel ran Status Quo. They accepted my "old school" Am/Ex Travelers checks and let me borrow a beach towel while visiting the "out islands". The restaurant serves authentic Bahamian dishes at below the local average price and the locals that hang out in the bar really give the place a special feel and ambiance. For budget travelers that don't require flair nor mind some outdated furnishings, the place provides a great way to stay in the heart of Nassau while getting a feel of the local vibe.

Room Tip: Request a room as far from the front street as possible to avoid late night and early morning street...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The Towne Hotel was a nice little place with an international and local vibe. Many Bahamians, Americans, and Europeans stayed there during the week I was there. The $85/night price tag included a small continental breakfast (toast and jam, sliced ham and cheese, tea and coffee, orange slices, hard-boiled eggs) and wi-fi. Compared to the larger, more expensive hotels it was a great deal.
My room was a bit dusty, the floor needed a thorough sweeping, and the windows were old with cracked screens but that was easy to get used to or ignore. The pool area is charming for sitting around with drinks as they have little white holiday lights strung up and umbrellas for shade. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect, centrally located in downtown Nassau.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank HappyFeet108
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This was the cheapest in Nassau and not your luxury all inclusive. The room reminded me of a typical caribbean bedroom out of the 80s lol But was very comfortable and was centered in the middle of Nassau. so i though.

Only issue my friend and i had was a trail of ants in the bathroom other than that this place wasnt too bad. I only slept in it anyways. Happy travels my friends!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JerseyBoy88
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with friends and we had problems right from the start.
despite having paid for the hotel in advance, when we got there they claimed not to have received our reservation or payment. after an extemely long wait with lots of "bad attitude" by hotel management, we were finally given a room.
the room itself was an ok size and mostly clean however the bathroom was another story. very tiny and it just looked a bit grimy.
the free breakfast is basic(toast, eggs and cheese),,
in terms of location, we didn't have a big problem because it was right up the road from the straw market and the water taxis which take you over to paradise island.
it is not far too from public beaches and maybe a 10 minute walk from the famous Arawak Cay fish fry.
overall, we had a good vacation but it was because of the great expreinces we had outside the hotel. I would return to the Bahamas in a heartbeat but Towne Hotel won't be on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank laviajera498
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Thank God I just had to stay one night at this place. And thank God I had packed a sleeping bag for the following steps of my trip. In a word: Towne Hotel is DIRTY. Sheets had a collection of left behind hair, the bathroom was disgusting, the place stinks.
I wouldn't be acceptable to pay 50 bucks to stay here, but they charge you 95 USD with those taxes and gratuities...
Its location is fine but it is not worth, try somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank jaenderc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach
El Greco Hotel
#26 of 37 in Nassau
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Towne Hotel? Share your experiences!