“Do not stay here.”
Review of Towne Hotel

Towne Hotel
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 19 March 2014

To start off with, this downtown area is loud and a bit sketchy. This is not the resort look of the Bahamas that most of us imagine. There was NO warm or hot water for us the entire stay of a week. One morning the sink was running brown water and then stopped working. Most of the front desk staff is rude and will grudgingly accommodate you. You will get two towels per room if you are lucky, but don't expect that and you might as well not bother asking the front desk for more. Also the men that lurk in the lobby will hit on anything with two legs and make you feel very uncomfortable. I stayed with a group of 11 and we all woke up with bites. Don't expect much for breakfast besides some bread and pieces of salami. Don't stay here unless you absolutely have to.!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Sunshine2017

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The plusses: inexpensive, a good [free]breakfast, a nice atmosphere, tasty dinners at a very reasonable rate, a friendly bar scene, convenient to many tourist attractions, [I go there on business], and other things.
The minuses: rooms that are sometimes slightly worn looking, beds that are not as comfy as they might be. None of which puts me off in the slightest. I'm a tough guy, and I get good value for my $ there. I'll probably go there for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank oudi14
Reviewed 30 December 2013

the tourism dept recomnds as best the toilet not flushed when we took over the room suspected us when we reported Gave me a can of Clorox to clean it myself. Breakfast a joke. they make you buy water at any cost and not give cup of water from the filter Noisiest AC @ the cost of $110 a night

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank latha k
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Spent 2 nights, before leaving for a cruise with Blackbeard's Cruises, in Towne Hotel in Nassau. For a short stay where you don't expect luxury this is a good place to discover Nassau. It's location is about a 3 minute walk to the mainstreet of Nassau.

Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. The hotel does have a restaurant which I did not use those days.

I would choose this hotel defenitely again in the future bases on it's location, price and service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank los3loco
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am currently in Nassau and i spent the last few days at the towne hotel. It is clean basic and right downtown. If your looking for a resort or a beautiful settting stay on paradise island but if you want a clean local comfortable place to sleep and shower at 75.00 a night how can you complain?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cruzan13
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my second time staying at the Towne Hotel. The first time the staff were very polite and helpful, my stay this time turned me off from staying there again, the woman at the front desk told me to walk up three flights of stairs just to make a phone call and proceeded to ignore me to chat with her friend, the bartender told me he wouldn't have served me a a beer if he knew i din't have change, and no one was there to take our bag up. The room was clean at least that's what i thought until i went into the bathroom. First experience was good and based on the second i wouldn't go back, but then again you get what you pay for, two bad it was near the end of our stay i saw that nice lady from my first visit.

Room Tip: If your not in the mood for exercise, you may want to stay on the ground floor, as there are no elev...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gail W
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is in close proximity to all the hot spots in Nassau, Bahamas. That is the plus side to this hotel. The lobby area was extremely clustered, the computers are outdated, the room needed an upgrade. The breakfast was not good, I believe they served us tang for orange juice. Crazy! There were a few nice staff but an overall disaster. I would not go again!

Oh, and the air conditioner was noisy!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonivin30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#3 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Towne Hotel? Share your experiences!