I travelled to SRB the first week of April, 2012. It was my first time in the Bahamas and my first time at a Sandals.
On our day of departure, Air Canada cancelled our flight at 4:30am on our way to the airport for a 6:00am flight. Long story short, we didn't end up arriving in the Bahamas until 24 hours later... So it was extra nice that it was only a ten minute drive from the airport to the resort, champagne awaited us upon our arrival, and our room was ready for us when we arrived.
The thing that probably stood out the most, in a good way, was the staff. It is apparent that they are very thoroughly trained and are very professional.
Our room was located in newly renovated the Balmoral tower (room 316). This room had a great oceanfront view. It was not overlooking a pool so it was very private and quiet. We had the concierge room as part of our room selection. The concierge greeted us upon arrival and made two restaurant bookings for dinner, and that was it for the concierge for the rest of the week. The upgraded concierge option was unecessary. The room was nice: in room bar, stocked fridge, balcony with two lounge chairs and a small table with two chairs, two bathroom sinks (one located inside the washroom and one outside the washroom), ceramic floor.
The grounds of the resort were very well maintained. The temperature of the 'quiet' pool was extremely cold. Too cold in fact. The 'party' pool was much warmer (anywhere from 85-92 degrees). One day, in the morning, that pool was murky and dirty with leaves and straws from drinks floating around. It was obvious the pool had not been cleaned the night before/or that morning. The pool remained uncleaned for the remainder of the day. That was one of the few points I found unacceptable for a 5 star resort.
I found the entertainment disappointing. I thought for a 5 star Sandals it would have been better. It's not a very important option for me though -to have great/a lot of entertainment.
Our Sandals organized group snorkelling trip was cancelled 4 days in a row at the end of our trip due to rough water, which was disappointing as we ended up returning home before the snorkelling trips resumed. I would recommend people book the water excursions upon arrival for the beginning of the trip so that you have more days in case things are cancelled or bumped back due to weather or rough water.
Also, I was a little annoyed that were weren't allowed to use snorkelling gear unless it was part of an organized group activity. That is the first time I have been to an all-inclusive resort where you can't use the face masks and flippers on your own.
Another recommendation is to book your dinner reservations for the week upon arrival so that you can dine at the restaurants that appeal to you --for one of the restaurants, we booked the reservation upon arrival and were only able to book for the last day of our trip as the restaurant was fully booked for the other days.
All in all it was a nice resort and the staff made it that much better.
I would most likely vacation at a Sandals again but undecided if I would return to SRB in particular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau