Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at SRB from June 26-30 for our daughter's wedding. We had a Club level room in the Windsor Tower. The room was spacious and always kept clean and was mostly kept stocked, although we did have to ask for certain drinks to be restocked on a couple of occasions.

This was our fifth trip to this Sandals and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We had breakfast most days at Baccarat having tried the buffet at Spices on the first morning and found it was not to our liking. Baccarat for breakfast was excellent.We were somewhat disappointed in the room service menu especially for meals later in the day as we found it very limited. The pizzas at the pizza place were excellent as was the chocolate buffet on Sunday night.

Our first two nights we did not eat dinner at the resort due to the wedding but we had two very enjoyable dinners at Gordon's on the Pier and Baccarat where the service was extremely good and the food was also very well cooked and presented.

We enjoyed listening to the sax player by the pool and the VIP band by the firepits as well as hanging out at the piano bar. We also visited the pub and I really enjoyed my Newcastle Brown, something I hadn't had for 30 years. I was surprised that there was no English beer on tap though.

We would have hung out by the pools more if there had been more shade but there was a definite shortage of umbrellas, especially by the quiet pool.

All together we enjoyed our stay which was made extra special by some wonderful staff members who remembered us from previous visits or who just went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

A special mention goes out to Moral who really went out of his way for us. Candace and Vincent at Baccarat who epitomized service with a smile , Kellah and Renata who anticipated our needs. Shervin and Sherman at the piano bar, we had great fun with you both. and in fact to all the staff we had contact with you are what makes a stay at SRB so special. Thank you!

3  Thank Androsann
Write a ReviewReviews (9,153)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We are we're here for 5 days. The food was good. Good choices of dining,the welcome back dinner was very nice. Our room was the Balmoral Of very nice. Minnie bar not stocked everyday but after a several phone calls we got what we wanted.

Cons if you want to go snorkeling on the non supervised trips you have to buy your equipment,not even rent! If you dive and check on the check list a medical condition even though controlled for many many years you have to see a nurse and pay $20 for the MD to sign it. What a JOKE, I have never came across this in 10 tears of diving..if you need a wet suit you need to rent it also.

I think a lot of staff appear apathetic, do there job but not anything more. I guess like anywhere.Also no bar service at the beach and minimal at pool but that did not bother us. We just walked up if we wanted something.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jakjara
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for posting about your stay at Sandals Royal Bahamian.
We appreciate you taking the time to share what you enjoyed most and which areas you felt could be refined a bit more. We strive to provide our guests with top quality vacation experiences and we will continue to improve our services through helpful feedback like yours. We hope to welcome you back in the future for a stay that exceeds all of your expectations.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have never reviewed a hotel before but had to post a review regarding this one. I have been to several all inclusive resorts and one other Sandals resort but I must say that this is the best all inclusive resort that I've ever been to. The food was delicious, they had so many different restaurants and every restaurant had so many different choices that I wanted several different items on every menu. The worst part was simply choosing what to eat! The private island was beautiful and so peaceful. If you are looking to get away from the crowd, take the short boat ride over to the private island. There are more covered beach chairs at the pool and on both sides of the beach. The pool bar isn't as busy and the restaurant was delicious. I also have to say that Phil, the chef at Stewfish, embodied the Sandals ideals. He was the most polite and helpful person there. With that being said, everyone that we came into contact with were very professional and helpful.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the balmoral tower and had an ocean view, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian June26-July1. This was our first Sandals experience and it was incredible. Our first night we had a romantic candlelit dinner with James as our waiter, loved it!
James was so attentive and just really amazing! Request him for sure!
Our favorite restaurant was Baccrett, our waiter was the fantastic Rashard. Amazing!!!
Another shout out to one of the interns in the Balmoral Building concerige desk from Indiana(I can't remember her name) she had brown hair, I feel bad for forgetting her name. She walked me to the nurses station when the other staff just gave me directions. It was so nice of her to do that, I would've gotten lost for sure if it weren't for her and she was so friendly and even gave me a tour of the resort. Sandals is really lucky to have her.
James and Rashard, the intern and George at the front desk are the four people that stand out the most but all staff were really special. We had one women at the cafe that really had an attitude problem but that was the only time we had an issue with a staff member. All food was wonderful except the cafe wasn't that great. We loved the crystal room, stew fish was fantastic, buffet was out of this world with selection and taste but to reiterate baccarat takes the cake as our fave.

Here are some minor issues we experienced that should not sway your decision against trying this resort but are worth mentioning as they probably exist in many other resorts and could prepare you better.

"In a minute" is not by any means literal...be patient for specific/extra requests, towels late in the day, maintenance service or room service/mini bar restocked.
Cricketers pub runs out of Guinness, if you're a dark beer lover go early ran out two nights back to back at 10pm. Disappointing as this is supposed to be an English style pub.
Severs tend to forget or not listen to your entire request as they are always on the go but they tend to be very minor so as long as you are not picky about a Cabernet over Merlot you're fine.
Guests who are new to the resort tend to have to learn as you go, so bring a towel or two with you to private beach, wear lots of bug spray(you should see my legs and feet), reserve a spot with shade early, make reservations when you get there and know the restaurants, their dress codes and menus before you go, breakfast opens at 8am at the baccarat, bahama buses stop so long as you flag them down anywhere like a taxi, locals at straw market pushy and prices add up so bring more than $100 as bank fees are expensive, buy calling cards and travel plan on mobile phone before you go, don't leave your food out at beach as gulls are feisty...all I can think of right now.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the bathtub would leak constantly and not a drip either and none of the cleaning staff did anything about it. I could have called to have it fixed but I couldn't be bothered and I hope they take care of it after we left. I guess if it's still leaking on my next stay I will be concerned as Sandals is supposed to be environmentally friendly organization.

The resort itself is breathtaking, clean and was worth every penny! We cannot wait to go back.

Thank you to everyone that made our stay so special.

Room Tip: We had the Balmoral Beachfront club room...beautiful!!!!
1  Thank Charja
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Sandals Royal Bahamian is a nice place with beautiful views and our 7-night stay was good, and we were thrilled to actually meet and talk with Butch Stewart on our first day. But overall, the experience should have been better.
The inconsistency in the quality of service was troubling, especially considering the rates charged. A few employees we met and dealt with were great at their jobs, had GREAT personalities and seemed to genuinely care about putting the customer first and ensuring the guests had a pleasant and fun stay. However, a majority of the employees seemed completely uninterested and a few were basically rude.

We stayed in a Balmoral Beachfront Club Level room. The room was not large, but large enough for the two of us. The room had a very nice balcony overlooking the absolutely beautiful ocean, with the Sandals island in the distance. Although it was club/concierge level, we had a few problems and the Club Sandals reps were not always available, and did not always respond quickly to our questions and requests. Every day, it was difficult to get our refrigerator stocked, usually requiring more than one phone call per day. On a couple of days, we waited several hours for towels even after specifically telling housekeepers and/or the club desk reps that we were in need of those. We never once received the daily schedule of events, which also lists the restaurants that are open for that day and the operating hours. We saw and heard that many others received those under their doors nightly and we were told that we would receive them, but never did. I know some of these are relatively small issues, but when paying nearly $1,000 per day and expecting total luxury and relaxation, these issues in combination are annoying.

Positives: The food was good, with a lot to choose from in a wide variety of cuisine, formality and scenery, both indoors and outdoors. We tried every restaurant except for Gordon’s and Stewfish and all were appropriately good for the type of place. For examples, the Fish and Chips and the wings at Cricketer’s Pub were really very good, but not meant to be gourmet. The Lasagna and Fettuccine at Casanova were on par with mid to upper level Italian restaurants in the U.S. Casanova also offered a really good antipasto bar and a couple of the best desserts we’ve ever had. Baccarat was definitely excellent and was a gourmet fine dining experience. Our waiter at Baccarat was Alexander, who also served us at the afternoon tea one day in the Balmoral Bar area. Alexander was really good and went out of his way to get things we wanted and was nice to talk with, while at the same time conducting himself with formality and extreme professionalism. At the Crystal Room, Darlene was very nice and helpful. On our first day at the resort, when we were just passing by the Crystal Room, Darlene could sense we were somewhat “lost” and even turned over her duties to another person for a few minutes and gave us a short tour of the grounds, pointed out the locations of all of the restaurants and answered several of our questions. The pizzas at Bella Napoli are fine, but do require a wait of approx. 25 minutes, which is not unreasonable. As far as buffets go, Spices was probably the best ever, both at Breakfast and Lunch. Spices head chef LeRoy was very cordial and generous.
All bar drinks were good at all locations. At the Piano Bar, “Fluffy” and “Cupcake” were really fun, helpful, and nice to talk to. “Little Sister” at the Piano Bar and also Paul at Cricketer’s were also good and personable.
As I mentioned earlier, in our particular case, a highlight was talking with Butch Stewart. We saw him on our first day there, walked up to talk to him, and spent a few fun minutes with him. He treated us like we were his friends and we had a picture made with him.

Negatives: The Balmoral Pool Bar was dirty, the bartenders work habits seemed dirty, and they seemed very uninterested in their jobs and their customers.
We were treated rudely at the Royal Grill by a waitress who seemed tired and uncaring.
We (and several other customers we noticed) were also treated rudely at Spices when an employee told us to wait outside in the extreme heat rather than stand a few minutes inside the lobby/waiting area while workers finished setting up the buffet.
The Piano Bar ended every night at 10:50 or 11:00 rather than at 12:30 as shown on the operating hours. For a place with basically no other nightly entertainment, 11:00 was too early to be closing. We are not children. It seemed like just as things were starting to become fun and people were meeting each other and interacting with bartenders and with new friends, then it abruptly shut down each night, regardless of some objections of the guests.
The beach towels were all used up by early afternoon each day and not replenished, even though some people do like to go out to the beach or pool in the afternoon.

To summarize: The Ocean, scenery and grounds were beautiful, the food was good, a few employees were great, but most employees, their attentiveness, and the services provided were not very good at all. It was not bad, but not nearly as enjoyable as our visit to Grand Riviera last year for example.

5  Thank SteveMcFadden

Hello Steve,
Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian and sharing your feedback with us.
We are happy that you had a good time during your visit but we noticed that there were some concerns you had regarding service. I will be sharing your comments with the resort management team for immediate review and follow-up. We are constantly evaluating our performance and we are grateful for your useful insights. We hope that after addressing your concerns and making the necessary adjustments, you will afford us an opportunity to showcase the true hospitality and beauty of our resort.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Last week (June 20-24) my husband and I revisited our favorite tropical getaway after 8 years. We always look back at our time at Sandals as the best vacation either of us have ever taken and wished we could go back. I was unsure if I would be as impressed as I was all those years ago. We read other reviews and the good outweighed the bad so we decided to go for it. IT WAS EVEN BETTER!!! I didn't think that was even possible. We always go for the butler suite, its totally worth it. Raynard, Ekron and Thomas are fantastic, they are truly attentive and all the special touches make the whole experience so exciting. We utilized the Snapshot Photo Shop to the fullest, Kimone and Monique were so awesome they have great ideas for really cute poses. From start to finish our entire trip was amazing. The resort is gorgeous, the beach is pristine and the view from our 5th floor suite was to die for. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that there are quite a bit of flies around the swim up bar and some outdoor eating areas. That can be easily remedied naturally, with some insect deterring plants, but it wasn't enough to ruin my beautiful trip. So many gorgeous restaurants, they really keep up with the current food trends and the portions were just right. Everything was super clean and the entire staff, (and I mean anyone I ran into) was so friendly and accommodating, it truly was blissful. Jackie and the staff at the Redlane Spa made our massages and treatments so relaxing. Our candlelight dinner on the beach was so romantic they typed our menu out as a little keepsake it was so sweet…I was actually sad to leave. There are so many activities and functions going on, I highly recommend reading the agenda for the day (there are copies on the wall near most of the restaurants). That's how I found afternoon tea, it was delightful and adorable. We met so many people from all over the world and everyone is in a great mood so its really fun…wave running was awesome, kayaking was fun, snorkeling was phenomenal and we even visited the off shore island, (super cool and worth visiting) they even had some great entertainment, the one man band was incredible. Even on our drive back to the airport, our driver Ricardo gave us a great tour and interesting history about the Bahamas. Now I know about the Junkanoo Festival and what it represents. All in all, it truly was an amazing trip…it has been verified, we LOVE the sandals resort in Nassau, Bahamas!! We can't wait to go back with our friends!

Room Tip: 5th floor has the best views
2  Thank Michele T

Hello there Michele,

We are thrilled that you had an incredible return visit to Sandals Royal Bahamian! Hearing that your expectation were exceeded is truly the best feedback we could hope to receive and our staff will appreciate all your kind remarks as well. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a perfect choice for our hoenymoon! Lisa @ Beach Bum Vacation made the planning process so easy and we got everything we asked for!

My husband and I stayed on the 4th floor of the Windsor tower. Beautiful views of the ocean, island, and windsor pool, great housekeeping/bar restocking service! Everyone at this resort is so friendly, always asking how you are, how is your stay, etc. They always want to accomodate you and make sure you are enjoying your trip to the fullest!

We opted out of the butler rooms (mostly because of the price) and I'm glad we did. We were able to do everything we wanted on and off the resort by booking ourselves. After we saw alot of other guests with their butlers nonstop, we were very happy we couldn't afford one. It was almost like a trip for 3 because the butler was always around!

The only negative things about the resort, in our opinion, was when it rains, service is terrible. Servers, workers, just standing around talking, not working. The dock area where you wait for the island boat smells awful, part of the beach does too. But you get over it real quick when you feel the air, hear the ocean, and see the sights!

Most memorable things: the delicious pizza at Napolis, dinner on the island, the daily party at the windsor pool, swimming with dolphins @ Dolphin Encounters, parasailing, concierge snorkeling, nightly partying at Cricketer's Pub, calming beach at the island. And of course - how SUPER friendly the staff was!

Room Tip: The Windsor Tower is by the "party" pool. We enjoyed it because we are younger, there was...
18  Thank Jessica E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island