“Amazing Honeymoon - Non-Stop Fun!”

Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian Aug 2 -9 for the second part of our honeymoon (after spending the first 5 days at Sandals Emerald Bay.)

Check in process & Room: Amazing. We were picked up from the airport in a Mercedes, very luxorious. When we arrived, we were greeted with a cold towel and some champagne. We then headed to a lounge to wait for our Butler. We had 3 butlers, Kimberly, Dahi, and Vincent, who were all attentive and amazing. Kimberly greeted us and gave us the grand tour, then brought us to our room: a Balmoral Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Butler Suite. The room is a good size, but the bathroom is a bit small. The voltage is the same as US / Canada - 120V, and the native language is English. Champagne and a cheese & fruit plate awaited us in our room. The view is superb and made the cost of this room so worth it!! (See photo)

Service & Butlers: The service throughout the resort was excellent. We had trouble getting used to the "no tipping" concept (although you should tip your butlers upon check-out). I would also say that the butler service here is much more efficient than at Emerald Bay. When we arrived, they had our dinner reservations ready for the entire week, including on our arrival date, which was much appreciated! The service on the offshore island was especially memorable. Room service was the only complaint, as it took over an hour most times, but not a big deal when you're on an otherwise amazing vacation.

Restaurants: They were all impressive, we didn't have a bad meal. Our top 2 would be Stewfish's lunch and Gordon's on the Pier for dinner (Butler guests only.) Our meal at the Crystal Room was amazing, and we also enjoyed Baccarat (French) and Kimonos, although our server didn't do any fancy song-and-dance / fire displays like the others did. But the food was great! Spices had a great dinner, and a very impressive breakfast and lunch buffet. We LOVED Bella Napoli pizza, we had some almost every day. The meal at Casanova was good although the service wasn't great, but I think they were short staffed that evening.

Pool / Beach: The beach is smaller then we expected, but still beautiful. We had no problem getting chairs on the beach or by the pool at any time of day. This is the perfect time to year to go because the crowds are smaller. We enjoyed both the party pool and the quiet pool. The beach and pool on the private island are also great! We enjoyed the snorkelling off the back beach of the private island and ended up seeing a few sea turtles.

Activities / Facilities: We received a daily schedule of activities, and there were many! There were plenty of games during the day, and fun performances in the evenings. We visited Cricketers pub every evening and made numerous friends. Later on it turns into a dance party, and sometimes they even have karaoke. The piano bar is also a lot of fun. The Offshore Island is amazing and a must-see.

Tours: We did a day at the Atlantis Waterpark, which was overpriced but a lot of fun - we're glad we went. We also did the Club Sandals shopping tour of downtown Nassau - well worth it! We visited a straw market and toured the John Watlings rum distillery, the highlight of the tour! There is also a Cat Cafe a couple blocks away from the resort - a must-see for cat lovers.

Depature: Butler guests get picked up in a Rolls-Royce or Mercedes Benz, which is so nice!

We had a great time and made friends we have kept in touch with! It's a fun place for couples, and you will eat and drink extremely well here. We did not want to leave. I should note that I have many allergies and was concerned about eating here, but they were very considerate of the allergies and I didn't have any problems at all. We would love to come back, although we'd probably do a much lower room category next time to save money.

Room Tip: Balmoral Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Butler Suite - amazing view and great location. You won'...
4  Thank CandaceAndRyan
There are newer reviews for Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My boyfriend and I recently had the opportunity of staying at the Sandals Royal Bahamian and we had such an amazing time. From the time of arrival through our check-in process everyone was attentive, friendly and professional. The food and drinks were awesome and we loved the beach and pool. We loved the fact that it was adults only. We also loved the private island.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Balmoral Tower are newer and very beautiful. These rooms are smaller than the rooms in...
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We just got back from Sandals Royal Bahamian (SRB) 8/16-8/23/14. We have already booked another Sandals trip for next year in Jamaica. That is how much we loved this place.

First off, my bride and I decided to get married and decided to elope. Just the two of us. We wanted to head to a beach somewhere in the Caribbean since we live in the US. Nassau, Bahamas is close to Miami and the resort is 15 minutes from the airport so this was a great choice for us. Because we booked 6 days, Sandals included an extra night free, and the entire wedding was even included (beautiful beginnings wedding package). We even got resort credit for various for other things (more later).

The water in the Bahamas is crystal clear. From the dock you can see the bottom and from the beach it's a beautiful light blue color. You can snorkel right off the beach as there are some rocks with coral and various fish. The private island also offers more sandy beaches and more sea creatures. We caught a sea turtle swimming around the lagoon on the back of the island while snorkeling. The beaches are beautiful, but (insider tip) grab your beach towel early as they tend to run out mid day.

I was interested in scuba and we had a credit for the beginners scuba course (normally $90) as a part of our wedding package. After the class I decided I wanted to get certified. I paid $210 and I am now scuba certified.

If you are a PADI certified diver you can can go on 2 dives a day for no extra cost. So for those of you already certified, it's great, and for those of you who want to get certified, you can do it right on the resort in a matter of days.

My instructor was Ramone. He is awesome. He did one on one instruction with me on our open water dives. He was always courteous and went above and beyond to make sure I learned the proper procedures and that my safety was never in question. Will miss this guy!

As for the restaurants. (Insider tip) Book all your reservations as soon as you get there for the best times. Baccarat was our favorite. The food and service is excellent. Also Gordon's on the Pier was excellent. It was an extra cost, but since we were getting married we decided to have our first dinner there. They gave us a great table by the water and we could see the fish swimming as we ate. Stew fish is another good restaurant located on the private island. Food is also excellent however they take everyone over at the same time (2 seatings) so the service is a little slower since the entire restaurant is basically coming in at once.

The Crystal Room and Casanova are good. The food is good, but service is a little slow. I'd say skip Spices (buffet style) and Kimonos (Japanese). The food is not quite as good. The Royal grill and Cricketers Pub are good for munching.

(Insider tip) like on a cruise, order what you want and as much as you want. Want 4 appetizers? Go for it. Want to try 3 entrees? Done! They will get you whatever you want. And do it with a smile. Also no need for cash as they don't accept tips. Just friendly faces eager to make your stay enjoyable.

The pools are great. Both have swim up bars. One is quieter, perfect for reading a book, the other has DJs playing music and interacting with the guests. Both have swim up bars and both are huge. No matter how many people were at the pool it never seemed full. There is also another pool on the private island with yet another swim up bar.

The resort never seemed over crowded however there were a lot of people. You can tell at dinner time when the restaurants that didn't require reservations were packed up to 10pm. It just goes to show how much space there actually is. We were always able to find a beach chairs, pool chairs, or a cabana. I think the private island helped to spread out the guests.

The entertainment at night is great. They had a chocolate party with all kinds of desserts. They even had 2 beautiful ladies covered in chocolate standing on pedestals and dancing to the music. People were taking pictures with them. The shows were great as well as the dancers and fire breathers. Never a dull moment. At night they have fire pits but who wants to sit near a fire when it's already hot? I guess some people did, but we would rather lay in a hammock or stroll down the beach.

Our wedding was also perfect. We decided to have it in the morning 11:00, so it wouldn't be so hot and we could enjoy the rest of the day. Flo was our wedding planner and setup everything for us. She planned our ceremony, reception, dinner, and even breakfast the next morning. We just had to sit back and relax. How many bridezillas can say that. My wife loved it. No hassles.

We got married on the pier since it was a little more private and the people near us on the beach all clapped when we were pronounced man and wife. The reverend was also a nice friendly fellow.

After the ceremony we were whisked to a garden gazebo where we had hors d'oeuvres, champagne, and our wedding cake. We then took pictures and had the rest of the day to enjoy ourselves.

We booked our next Sandals vacation at the Soon Come Back desk. The deals are ridiculously good. Our next vacation will be in Jamaica at there newest resort for 6 days and is Butler level for $1700 for 2 people. We couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to check it out next summer and write a similar review to this one.

Sandals is amazing. #fastwedding

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank cdickgo
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was one of the best trips my husband and I have ever taken. My only complaint is that our trip was over and we had to return to reality. There are so many things we loved.

I have a food allergy which was noted before my arrival. When we checked in, I was escorted to the head chef. She proceeded to go through all of my dining options, which turned out to be quite vast. Each restaurant was incredibly accommodating and I did not leave any of them disappointed. I also did not go hungry.

Every bar was well stocked and they offered a huge selection of beverages. They definitely specialized in frozen drinks, which were welcomed on those hot days.

We did not have the butler service but that did not mean we didn't get excellent service. Every person we dealt with was incredibly friendly and helpful.

The beach and water were stunning. The main property as well as the private island had a lot of room for lounging. There are a variety of free water sports if you choose to do something more than sunbathe. There were two huge pools that even when busy were not crowded. There was a lot of fun and interactive play at one pool, where the other was a little more quiet. There was plenty to do at night as well.

We also took advantage of a couples massage. That wasn't included but was worth every penny!

The trip overall was really wonderful. I would recommend Sandals to anyone looking for a great island getaway.

4  Thank Sara k
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Gorgeous resort with the added bonus of a private island.

All areas of the property, inside and out, were clean and beautifully decorated.

All staff throughout the resort were friendly and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

There were lots of places to dine and we were advised which restaurants reservations were needed. Food throughout the resort was lovely (breakfast at Spices was fabulous, with everything you could possibly want or need) but on occasions food could have been a little hotter. We felt that in the Bacarat restaurant the tables were a little close together so all conversation on the tables next to us could be heard.
The Crystal room was beautiful as was the food and service. Staff singing to us on our 25th Wedding anniversary was a lovely touch.

The private island had breathtaking views and having a couples massage on the island's beach was a real romantic treat.

Sunbeds were always available as were towels which were topped up regularly throughout the day. No matter where we decided to go within the resort it never seemed overcrowded.

The room was lovely with great views of the pool, beach and island and I loved the towel art which was left in our room for our anniversary.

I have to say the attention to detail was brilliant. We loved our time here and would definitely return if we get the chance.

Room Tip: We had a room level 6, overlooking the pool, beach and island give the best views. (Windsor Ocean Vi...
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have just returned from two weeks at this hotel and what a wonderful place it is.The staff couldn't have been more friendly, in all areas of the hotel, however I am a believer that this is a two way thing and my husband and I try to be friendly and polite to others and think that this is what is given back. We celebrated our 40th anniversary while we were there and the waiters anniversary choir was memorable as was the food and service at Baccarat! Service in the bars was excellent and although it is unfair to single individuals out the staff in both Cricketers and the Piano Bar always went out of their way to stop and pass the time of day and in doing so created a warm and friendly atmosphere -sometimes difficult to leave, the later the evening got the stronger the drinks! All of the staff made us feel so welcome, Vivien one of the waitresses never stopped smiling and Alvin a younger waiter was so sweeet,polite and courteous together with Gaynell from Spices and her morning hugs.Compliments on staff training , as for us, service was consistent throughout the resort..
We were in a club room in the Windsor building and the conceirge was always able to sort out our restaurant reservations which we made every 3-4 days.The Stewfish in the evening was magical as was the boat ride across to the island excellent more local style food. Sandals Cay is beautiful during the day time,quiet and peaceful ,go on the first ferry and it is like having your own private beach, especially the bigger beach at the back.The Royal Cafe is great for lunchtime food with a wide choice of snacks. Our room was spacious, kept spotlessly clean and nothing was too much trouble for the housekeeping staff.Being english I especially loved all of the memorabilia from the Edward and Mrs Simpson years and the fact that they used to visit the original building. Over the years we have travelled extensively around the Caribbean islands but this one is going to be so hard to beat, thank you whoever you are who manages this beautiful resort our holiday was brilliant!

4  Thank Susan278
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The grounds and room are lovely. But the food is less than mediocre, and they don't serve top-self alcohol--just some cheap island beer and drinks. For this money, I expected a lot more. Very disappointing!

We have gone to several Sandals over the past few years. The quality has consistently declined.

Room Tip: Must get an upgrade. The entry-level rooms are sub-par.
4  Thank Skimother50
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sandals Royal Bahamian. We regret to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations. Because of that, please accept my apologies. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed. We do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves during a future stay. We would love the chance to host you at one of our resorts again and rebuild your confidence in the Sandals brand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection