We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian Aug 2 -9 for the second part of our honeymoon (after spending the first 5 days at Sandals Emerald Bay.)
Check in process & Room: Amazing. We were picked up from the airport in a Mercedes, very luxorious. When we arrived, we were greeted with a cold towel and some champagne. We then headed to a lounge to wait for our Butler. We had 3 butlers, Kimberly, Dahi, and Vincent, who were all attentive and amazing. Kimberly greeted us and gave us the grand tour, then brought us to our room: a Balmoral Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Butler Suite. The room is a good size, but the bathroom is a bit small. The voltage is the same as US / Canada - 120V, and the native language is English. Champagne and a cheese & fruit plate awaited us in our room. The view is superb and made the cost of this room so worth it!! (See photo)
Service & Butlers: The service throughout the resort was excellent. We had trouble getting used to the "no tipping" concept (although you should tip your butlers upon check-out). I would also say that the butler service here is much more efficient than at Emerald Bay. When we arrived, they had our dinner reservations ready for the entire week, including on our arrival date, which was much appreciated! The service on the offshore island was especially memorable. Room service was the only complaint, as it took over an hour most times, but not a big deal when you're on an otherwise amazing vacation.
Restaurants: They were all impressive, we didn't have a bad meal. Our top 2 would be Stewfish's lunch and Gordon's on the Pier for dinner (Butler guests only.) Our meal at the Crystal Room was amazing, and we also enjoyed Baccarat (French) and Kimonos, although our server didn't do any fancy song-and-dance / fire displays like the others did. But the food was great! Spices had a great dinner, and a very impressive breakfast and lunch buffet. We LOVED Bella Napoli pizza, we had some almost every day. The meal at Casanova was good although the service wasn't great, but I think they were short staffed that evening.
Pool / Beach: The beach is smaller then we expected, but still beautiful. We had no problem getting chairs on the beach or by the pool at any time of day. This is the perfect time to year to go because the crowds are smaller. We enjoyed both the party pool and the quiet pool. The beach and pool on the private island are also great! We enjoyed the snorkelling off the back beach of the private island and ended up seeing a few sea turtles.
Activities / Facilities: We received a daily schedule of activities, and there were many! There were plenty of games during the day, and fun performances in the evenings. We visited Cricketers pub every evening and made numerous friends. Later on it turns into a dance party, and sometimes they even have karaoke. The piano bar is also a lot of fun. The Offshore Island is amazing and a must-see.
Tours: We did a day at the Atlantis Waterpark, which was overpriced but a lot of fun - we're glad we went. We also did the Club Sandals shopping tour of downtown Nassau - well worth it! We visited a straw market and toured the John Watlings rum distillery, the highlight of the tour! There is also a Cat Cafe a couple blocks away from the resort - a must-see for cat lovers.
Depature: Butler guests get picked up in a Rolls-Royce or Mercedes Benz, which is so nice!
We had a great time and made friends we have kept in touch with! It's a fun place for couples, and you will eat and drink extremely well here. We did not want to leave. I should note that I have many allergies and was concerned about eating here, but they were very considerate of the allergies and I didn't have any problems at all. We would love to come back, although we'd probably do a much lower room category next time to save money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau