My husband went to this resort expecting the same type of stellar service we received at the Sandals Montego Bay during our honeymoon. We received quite the opposite experience, much to our chagrin. The service, all around, was mediocre at best. We had a problem with the safe in our room and had to call 5 times for the manager to come fix it. We did not have any wash rags in our room for two straight days- again, another round of calling the concierge/manager 3 times before anyone would take the time to help us. The staff were not friendly- they were not rude, but they were definitely not willing to go out of their way to help you out. For food, definitely go to the Crystal Room, Baccarat, and Kimonos. Make your reservations the second you get there. Kimonos is a super fun experience, and it served excellent food. I think the biggest problem with this resort is that, for those people who purchase a room with butler service, the staff go out of their way to make the vacation experience top notch. If you don't have butler service, you are ignored and almost scoffed by the staff. We didn't really think that paying an extra $1000 for butler service was worth it, but, looking back on it, if you want to ensure that you get a RESPONSE out of someone at the resort, the butler service may be all it's cracked up to be.
Other things to consider: the pictures on the Sandals website are very deceiving. Do your research. The beach is minute- definitely go to the private island at least once. Oh, and a note about the private island: it's not all that "private." Sandals owns about 1/3 of the island- and the really awesome beach you see from the shore isn't Sandals property. Definitely be sure to ask for premium liquor- otherwise, you get margaritas with rum instead of tequila and some pretty nasty "Crown" and cokes.
If I were you, I'd go to one of the smaller, less "glamorous" Sandals resorts. Those guys seem to really care about the enjoyment of their guests and go out of their way to make your vacation as special as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau