We arrived in the Bahamas @ 3 p.m. on 12/11/05 for our honeymoon. To start things off to a great start - our luggage didn't arrive with us! The baggage service desk gave us a claim number & assured us our luggage would be delivered to our resort later Sunday evening. After the luggage incident we went right to the Sandals desk & were given some papers & directed to our shuttle. It is about a 15 minute ride from the airport to Sandals. Once there we were warmly greeted & taken to the reception area for cold champagne & given out courtesy packet. The packet contains shampoo, conditioner, aloe vera, lotion, room key cards, map of the resort, brochures for excursions and a schedule of the daily activities. This only took about 10 minutes then we were off to our room in the Manor Block #506 Honeymoon Oceanview Conceriege. It was exactly what we wanted. Beautiful view of the ocean, beach & pool. The room was fabulous. Everything was very clean & we saw no signs of mold or mildew that we previously read about in other reviews. There was also no offensive odor. The weather was great the entire week. We never had to turn on the a/c & just left our balcony door open the entire time even at night while we slept. Out balcony was plenty big. There were 2 chairs & a table. For dinner we went to Cricketers Pub. Nothing special here - just had a cheeseburger & fish. The drinks were very strong. They don't hold the alcohol back. After dinner we returned to the room & my luggage had arrived, but not my husbands! I won't slam Delta in this review - I will just say that the luggage didn't arrive until Tuesday evening.
The beach is beautiful & a perfect size (I think) for the amount of people that visit Sandals. Just once we had a problem finding chairs. The ocean water was very cold - too cold for me. The Windsor pool water is much warmer than the Manor pool. Probably because of the direction of the sun. However, the Manor hot tubs were much warmer that the Windsor.
The Royal Cafe is great for sandwiches.
The beach grill has hamburgers & hotdogs available throughout the day.
Kimono's - excellent, excellent, excellent! Our chef was fun & full of energy & the food was great.
The Crystal Room - very nice atmosphere & wonderful food. We didn't have room for dessert so the waiter wrapped it up & sent it with us to take back to our room.
Spices - a large variety of food buffet style. There is some of everyting available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. For breakfast you can have omelets made how you want them & they will also make pancakes for you. We ate here quite a bit & never had a problem with the food. Very good!
Casanova's - average italian food. This was the only food that I didn't enjoy. Nothing special here.
Baccarat Room - my favorite. Exceptional french food. The crab cakes are incredible! I even got some to take back to the room. Very good.
We had breafast delivered to our room a couple of times. Bagels, toast, juice, etc.
Sandals exceeded our expectations & we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Holiday Gems and Southall Travel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau