We just got back from our one week trip from Sandals, and wow was it amazing. We did read reviews (some) stating that the food was hit and miss, service was ok, etc, but what we found was ALL excellence.
Couple things we would suggest:
Take the tour they offer when you arrive, so you can see / know about all the different things to do, to take advantage of your trip.
Make sure you know what you want for the mini bar, they check up on you daily.
Get to the offshore island early on, as we missed it - the ferry / boat was closed at times due to rough seas.
All of the staff went out of their way to help us with anything we needed, like getting food off the menu, drinks we preferred, etc.
Nothing really bad to say at all, they made sure the drinks kept coming!
We went to the Crystal Room (white glove service high end place for dinner - need reservations) for dinner and the food was AWESOME.
Every Friday, vendors arrive to sell cheap crafts by the outside bar. So, don't pay too much on the crafts / jewelry by the docks. (Found it was almost 1/2 price with the vendors)
We didn't have any problems with the food, all tasted awesome and you could tell was very fresh. I am not a big seafood fan, but my guy is - he almost drooled after he tasted the fish at Casanova, Cricketers, and Royal Cafe.
The mudslide drinks are SO yummy, and wow do they "top" your drink off with coke / sprite after all the rum / booze is poured into your cup.
We went on the powerboat tour excursion, and it was a trip of a lifetime - do it if you can! The captain and staff make all food fresh off the island, got to pet manta rays and see lots of nurse sharks(close encounters!)
...Don't forget about the lizards that you will see as well on Allan's Cay on this tour. You get to feed them grapes and watch them scurry about. Pretty neat!
We got engaged at this Sandals, and have no doubt that we would go back for our honeymoon!
Overall, I would rate Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort a 9.8 / 10.....don't forget to have a couples massage!!!
It will leave you like linguini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau