The food and service were amazing, and the price was pretty reasonable. We stayed in the Manor on the sixth floor, and other than some small amount of mildew in the bathroom, everything was very clean and wonderful, and they restocked the water, soda, and juice in the free mini bar every day.
Make your reservations for both Baccarat and the Crystal Room a couple of days in advance, at least. Although Baccarat seems to be all the rage, we actually enjoyed our dinner at the Crystal Room more, largely because of the service. Spices has impressive breakfast and lunch buffets, although I recommend going to the cooks for eggs benedict or an omelet rather than trying the scrambled eggs from the buffet line.
The island restaurant was okay, although we went on an extremely warm and humid evening and were overheated, attacked by bugs (despite being provided with bug spray by our very apologetic host), and disappointed that there were no cold dessert items to help cool us down. However, this seemed to be an unusual experience, and we would give it another shot.
The scuba diving was wonderful overall, but one or both of us had problems with our regs and/or BCD and/or tanks every single day. The staff was knowledgable, and everything was clean, but it seems as though they didn't have the budget for replacing basic parts as frequently as should be done. Nearly every diver had at least a slow leak every day, including our instructors.
The most impressive part about our stay was the amazing service. Everyone went out of their way to assist us and simply chat with us about our stay.
We now plan to go every year, although we will probably bring our own diving equipment in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, HotelsClick, Travelbag, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau