“Blank faces”

Diamonds International
Ranked #1 of 32 Shopping in Nassau
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

It's not so much that the staff were rude, but.just blank. The ladies were all dressed so nicely and the gentlemen wore Jersey style short sleeved shirts. Very tacky looking and sexist. The store was clean. They did not live up to the standard that Linda from the cruise ship stated.

9  Thank stacicooperhoffmann

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We visited this store based on the recommendation of Carnival Cruise Line Pride's shopping director. He stated that he'd be in the stores at certain times while we shopped to make certain we received the best deals possible. Sure enough, he was there. However the Diamond's International salesman seemed to care less as they attempted to sell us a tiny men's Tanzanite and Sterling Silver ring for $1,400.....that's right, STERLING SILVER.....and that was her "marked-down" price. HA!!!! We walked-out and because they had so many misled customers visiting from the cruise lines, they could have cared less.

14  Thank FraudExaminer
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I purchased a black diamond and diamond ring in April on a cruise. I was so excited to get this gorgeous ring. When I got home to Canada, a diamond fell out almost immediately. The compant told me to send it back to them for repair, which I did (and I had to pay for the shipping). I was told they checked the rest of the ring over to make sure it was ok. WELL, only a few months later, another diamond fell out! When I contacted them about fixing it, I was told it wasn't covered by any warranty anymore (apparently there's a 30 days limit after it's fixed) and that if I wanted it fixed again, I would have to pay for the repair myself. AND pay to send it to them.

Obviously I did not send the ring back to them to be fixed, considering how that didn't work the first time around. Clearly this company takes no pride in the quality of their products, nor in customer satisfaction. I have never been so angry about a purchase!

And worst of all, the cruise line does push this store as"reliable and trustworthy" which is so not true. My own recommendation would be just stay away!

15  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The cruise shopping director on the Emerald Princess sang praises of all the deals at DI as have all the other cruise directors whether to Panama Canal, Hawaii, or Alaska. On a previous cruise I purchased a loose 7 carat tanzanite and felt like we got a reasonable price. This year we had hoped to get a loose large carat diamond but couldn't agree on stones or prices. They definitely have more jewelry than you will see in the average home town jewelr;y store, but let the buyer beware of the cost and quality. Because the islands sell duty free, you do save some money. All of the DI stores have similar merchandise. I love to look, but I also love to hold onto my money until I find the quality and price I can't live without.

4  Thank MissDixieDelight
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Dishonest! Pushy. Sells broken watches! Royal Caribbean pushes Diamonds International because they get a kick back! And when they sell you 2 broken watches they ask you to send into the manufacturer! They won't give you a new working watch!

10  Thank SandG12