“A service hard to beat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Junkanoo Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Junkanoo Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Orlando, Florida
“A service hard to beat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights in December and a very good experience during my stay. I must say, I am really glad I did not listen to all the bad reviews I read on this site.

The manager Sonia Bain is affable and very helpful, as well as her assistant Kimberly, both were quick to address any issues of concern. The is a hard working team on staff that ensured that our stay at the hotel was comfortable and all provided service with a smile.

Breakfast is included in the cost and airport shuttle service is also provided, which I found convenient. The room was comfortable, the air-condition worked well, the bathroom is small but it does the job. We got a perfect view of the sea and cruise ships coming in and out of the bay. Hotel environment was relaxing and very clean. The truth is sometimes you just have to see for yourself. Good quality for the price!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mia P
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for such kind words you posted on Trip Advisor.

My staff and I are so happy to know that you have enjoyed your vacation with us.
It is nice to know that you enjoy the breakfast, the view of the ocean and the transportation to and from the airport.
Thank you again for choosing Junkanoo Beach Resort as your chosen hotel while in Nassau, Bahamas.

We look forward in seeing and serving you again in the future.

Sonia Bain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were only at the hotel for 12 hours, awaiting a flight to another island, but we regretted spending even that amount of time.

This hotel is the pits.
1) Our room was located on the 3rd floor nearest the stairwell to the outside metal steps. Once we checked in it seemed easier to exit by the stops than to wait for the elevator. After descending the rusted and shaky steps to the ground floor, we found the exit door inoperable. Upon investigation, I found a padlock on the outside of the door, effectively trapping guests into the stairwell.

2) The bathroom had tiny bugs crawling on the sink and floor.
3) The deskclerk placed a wristband on each person checking in. You were not allowed to enter the elevator to get to your floor without wearing it.
4) Although it was cheap, and our initial justification for staying there was we would only be there long enough to spend one night, it was 12 hours way too long.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste time on money on this creepy place.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry L
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
If you would like to email me personally to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to do so.
gm@junkanoobeachresort.com.

Thanks,
Sonia Bain

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We Stayed At The Junkanoo Beach Resort 4 4 Days, If I Had 2 Stay There 4 1 More Day I Would Get Sick, I Guess My Husband Would Be Calling 911,The Rooms Where Very Out Dated The Curtains Were Very Dirty Looking, When I Open The Water It Was Dirty Looking With A Funny Smell........I Do Not Know How We Survived Those Day.....I Must Say Apart From All That Disappointment The Resort Is In A Good Location, You Can Walk Any Where You Want, Shopping Area Around The Corner In The City, If You Need Something 2 Eat You Can Walk 2 Fish Friday Where You Can Get Some Good Food 4 Your Money......The Resort Has 2 Get A Good Face lift And Trust Me It Will Be The # 1 Resort In The Area. It Just Got 2 Be Better Maintain. We Were Able 2 Celebrate They 40th Independence, Without Knowing They Were About Tooooooo Celebrate 40Yrs.

Room Tip: A Room Looking Towards The Ocean.....!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie C
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

My sincere apologise for your recent experience at our hotel. We had a busted pipe that caused the water to be dirty looking.. This problem has since been resolved.
I'm happy that you enjoy our location and was able to shop and eat so close at the hotel.

If you would like to email me to discuss this matter in more detail.
email:gm@junkanoobeachresort.com.

Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had a great time at Junkanoo Beach Resort. The hotel is kept spotless and the landscaping is done with loving care. Add the location, you can walk to most of the attactions the city has to offer, the price, and the warm and friendly staff you can't beat it. The barbecue on Friday's nights is absolutely delicious and hearty. Also the hotel is undergoing renovations and there is a great foundation to build from. I, like another reviewer I read, am going back in December and looking forward to it.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a local experience, this hotel is for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank E J
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time while visiting with us. It is a compliment to be informed that a guest was treated well by our staff.

Our location is second to none.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed for two days and had a bad experience with bugs in the mattress.In the middle of the night my whole body was scrathing and next day they gave me another room on second floor.
The door was kind of broken and i have to push hard to close and no water in the hotel.The staff was kind enough to give me two big bottles to wash my face etc.This place has to be renovated completely and few hotels next to it are being renovated.Pay a bit more and stay at a decent hotel.
Nassau has atleast 30% taxes on hotels etc.Can't find any local grown food if you are vegan and coconut water at $4.00 compared to Costa Rica at $ 1.00,Just imagine other food items.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

On behalf of myself and the staff at the Junkanoo Beach Resort we apologize for any inconvenience you experience while staying at the hotel. I take all complaints seriously and will look into the rooms that you occupied and ensure that these issues you mention are handled.

We will be renovating very soon.

Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon in the future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed 2 weeks and it was a decent place for the money. A little dated but safe and friendly staff. Not a far walk from fish fry or downtown. Hotel No complaints but I feel the Bahamas has really fell off the last couple years. very Dirty and maybe because Im a guy alot of people on the beach tried to sell me drugs.. No Thanks. Overall I never felt unsafe but thats just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your writing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We strive to keep our hotel decent for our guests. Our guests always like the closeness to the Downtown and Fish Fry.

Thank you again for your review and looking forward in the future to seeing you.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was in Nassau for 8 days for a relaxing holiday; I happiest at the airport. Looking back, I'd rather stay only 5 days (you really only need 4 to see everything Nassau has to offer) & stay at a better hotel.
The hotel itself is in a good location, it has a pool, a bar with food options & the room was huge but with very minimal furniture (so much unused space). With the exception of Kimberly (who couldn't do enough) the rest of staff made me feel for like an inconvenience, like you were interrupting them from angry birds & on some occasions, they were just plain rude. The hotel 'lobby' wasn't dirty, just old; the hotel itself is just old & neglected, the room however was cleaned on occasion or my towels were just folded. Being a hotel by the beach, sand is expected to get into rooms, by day 8, I had mini beach. The bar alcohol prices were good but the food is over priced, even with a price reduction it's still not worth it.
By the end of my stay, I felt like I'd over paid. Resort it is not.

Room Tip: Really, it's the Bahamas, splurge on a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I want to apologise on behalf of my staff. All of our guests should be treated with respect, courtesy and again.
I strive along with my staff to ensure that each and every guest have a positive experience at the Junkanoo Beach Resort.
Kimberly is an asset to our staff, she is friendly and courteous, nice to know you appreciated her service.
I have brought the issue with the sand in the room to our Housekeeper to make sure this accurses as little as possible.

Regards,