“Amazing karaoke”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
Junkanoo Beach Resort
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
“Amazing karaoke”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel was not all that amazing..but it has a great beach view...i stayed there 3 nights with my boyfriend and we had an issue with the T.V and bedside lamp but otherwise it was ok..and their karaoke is awesome..dont forget to go on a Wednesday night

• Stayed March 2014
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I'm so happy that you have enjoyed the karaoke. We do have a awesome time.

I apologies for the issues that you had with the T.V and bedside lamp.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you come back to visit us again in the future.

Sonia Bain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great location right across from Junkanoo Beach and short walk to downtown. Wireless internet and breakfast was included. Coffee was good, food OK (but they have bananas if you don't like the food). The restaurant is also a bar so you can buy drinks at night which was nice. The front desk staff was very helpful when I needed assistance (asked for iron/board, hot water didn't work at first, internet - they attended to and got everything working that I needed). Some rooms have refrigerators (my work colleague had one). My room had a hair dryer. They sell bottled water at the front desk which was convenient when leaving for the day. Parking is available if you have a car.

Unfortunately, the hotel is run down, old, and my room was not the cleanest I would have like it to be. There was hair in the bathroom and the floor could have been cleaner. The bed was OK...but overall the rooms could be updated and cleaner. Also, you can hear the street noise very easily. It was okay for traveling for work on a budget...but I would not stay here for vacation.

Room Tip: Avoid street-facing rooms - very noisy (lots of trucks driving by in mornings).
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KLJdolphin

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Great Abaco Island
Reviewed 9 March 2014

No country in the Caribbean can rival the Islands of the Bahamas and the happy Bahamians for their natural talent in the service industry. The general manager, Sonia, is on property 24/7 and models the desired behavior for her hard working, caring, and dedicated staff. Every single person on Sonia's staff really cares. They go out of their way to help you in all kinds of ways, special requests, anything and they just want to please and make you happy.

I had to be in Nassau for a week because a friend of mine was in hospital at Princess Margaret Hospital. The staff knew that I was keeping long hours at the hospital and they really cared.

The property is centrally located and the price is terrific. The pool area is clean and bright, the lobby and restaurant clean and vibrant. Sonia knows that the rooms need continual updating and she is working hard to always replace anything that needs attention. That being said, the room I stayed in was extremely clean, quiet and comfortable. My cleaning crew gals on the second floor really watched out for me, always asking how they could help and what I needed.

The free breakfast is so delicious and I have lived in the Bahamas for 18 years and never had better coffee! It is strong and fresh just the way us Americans like it! Eggs, meat, potatoes, oatmeal, breads, yogurt... so delicious while watching big flat screen TV/s for the early morning news. Even the Bahamian police come there to eat breakfast after the guest rush! I loved seeing them in their sharp uniforms eating a good breakfast!

I heartily congratulate Sonia and her fine staff for their complete commitment to their guests. It really is "Better in the Bahamas"!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for such kind words on Trip Advisor.

I, as General Manager am honored that you have enjoyed the staff and the hotel.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests that had such wonderful time.

My staff and myself strive to be the best in serving our customers.

We look forward in serving you again in the future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a single night in transit
-The hotel room STINKS cheap perfume / cleaning - we could barely sleep and had a headache the next day
-Staff was friendly but the entire building should be demolished to give room for a new building (beyond the point where renovation could save it)

I know this is "cheap" for Nassau at 100usd/night - if this is your budget just go somewhere else on Vacation. (Can recommend Sandyport hotel on Nassau though)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I apologize that your stay with us gave you a headache, the housekeeper manager and myself checked all rooms to make sure this will not happen again.

I'm happy that you found the staff friendly, we strive to be the best.

We will be renovating the entire building very soon.

Again I'm sorry for any inconveniences that was cause.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a horrible experience at a guesthouse and went searching for another accommodation. We went searching and of the five places we checked, the staff of Junkanoo Beach Resort were very helpful and understanding. They made our stay in Nassau enjoyable. The manager, Sonia Bale, offered us personal service which seemed as if she gave to every person we saw her come in contact with.
It's location was also perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chris373
Thank you for writing such a beautiful review on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased to hear from our guests that enjoyed the service.

On behalf of the staff and myself thank you for choosing Junkanoo Beach Resort

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My mom and I went to The Bahamas for a mini vacay in December. She introduced me to this hotel and at first I was a bit skeptical but sort of lighten up to the fact we'd be staying at a low budget hotel. Staff was good especially one particular maid and one particular bar maid..if I remember clearly her name was Kia, who always greeted my mother and I with a smile and warm welcome when we enter the restaurant, she would always converse and make us laugh. Before I left I told her that I would make it known that she was my favorite!! Let me say that the food especially the grill Shrimp were always excellent but the time it took to get out of the kitchen was ridiculous. Over all my mother and I enjoyed our trip so if you're looking for a low budget hotel, somewhere to relax and go site seeing with great food and service you will definitely enjoy the Junkanoo beach resort.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Misscoolcali
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

My apology for the long wait of the food coming out of the kitchen. We have implement other ways of making it come out a little quicker.

I am humbled by your review and proud at the same time. It is inspiring to know that all our hard work is acknowledged and appreciated.

We are very pleased that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Adelaide
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and compared to the horrid service we experienced at Mignon Guest House we with we had stayed longer.
The room is clean and the staff work hard, especially the lady at the front desk.
there is a view of the beach from the window.
Breakfast was almost over and not replenished both mornings.
I would go back to stay there again as the location is good and I appreciate the help we received.

Room Tip: Fromt rooms have sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Curleyistops
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor.

Your review made my day. Our goals at Junkanoo Beach Resort is to ensure that our guests are comfortable and well taken care of.

My apologies for that the problem you encounter at breakfast but it has since been rectify.

We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.