“Spectacular”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Tucked away on the western point of new providence, this little treasure ceases to surprise me. I've dined here a number of times and have always been very impressed however, the expanded and refined menu, the wine list and the ambiance (Dj in Le patio and soulful, classy house in the restaurant) permeates the senses. You simply don't find this sort of thing on an island, it's normally reserved for the likes of Paris, Miami, Toronto & Tokyo.

Chef Jacques is quite the refined character, this complimented by the Host, Nicolas. Cheeky French banter is the order of the day, in very small unobtrusive portions.

The food is the resounding accolade. Spectacular. That's all we need to know.

This is by far, my favourite spot on the island which says a lot for a well travelled pallet.

Go, enjoy and live a little more than the island life will normally permit.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

In little shopping area by gates of Lyford Cay, opened in Oct 2012 with gorgeous interior and atmosphere. Fun drink list, service was perfect (now that is not easy to say in Bahamas), food good. Place was packed by 8 pm. My only complaints would be that we emailed our reservations from the states a week before but they never sent a confirmation so we had to call again and the tuna tartare was uneatable with too many peppers and Tabasco sauce mixed in. We would go back for sure.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Although you can find much better French restaurants in US and Europe, this is a good option in Bahamas. There are two Blue Caviar restaurants in the island, one at Lyford Cay and the other one in Blake Road. They have a three course menu for 35$ or the a la carte menu, which is going to be more expensive. There is a good choice of wines and dishes, both meat and fish. Salmon and red snapper are good as good are steak and lamb chop. There is a good selection of desserts and alcoholic beverages to finish the dinner. I would recommend the armagnac.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Attended for dinner and the experience was fantastic. The restaurant itself is beautiful and quite unexpected. The service was excellent and attentive. The food was outstanding. We ordered the handmade mushroom and chicken tortellini and escargot to start which was divine. We then had the filet rack of lamb and salmon which were both cooked to perfection. Dessert was a real treat with melt in your mouth chocolate fondant. Very good wine list. We will return on our next trip to Nassau!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Unfortunately, I'm going to be the first blemish on this restaurant's review page. I went here with several people for lunch and none of us had a memorable meal. The ambiance is nice, the staff were great, the prices were fair, but the food just wasn't up to the same standards of what I've had in this local area of the island. I personally had the seared ahi tuna that was bland and boring. The bed of potatoes it sat on were just as awful.

Perhaps I caught the chef on the wrong day, but none of us felt compelled to return. I do have a personal policy of giving a restaurant two strikes, so perhaps I'd come back once more. The first impression wasn't favorable.