The rooms are clean but dated. The eateries are 4-5 small places- nothing opens before 10 am - all 300 yards away except for Chef Cleveland at the poolside cabana who is terrific but demands you show on time for dinner. That's not service.We loved Chef anyway.
The booker -Lady Sara --is alright. She booked a deep sea when we wanted to reef fish. That may have been the captains fault but - c'mon. really. ? We still had a time and a half catching then eating at a local fried fish hut, our catch.
The pool -meh. Hammocks needed repair.
Cleaning crew is top notch. Extra towels- np!! Front desk suuuucks. Want change for a buck for the washing machines ?
Ha ha. We forgot.--4 x. C'mon - really? No apologies. Slow. In attentive. Suuuuucks.
The lobby wifi is sketchy. On. Off. On. Off. Ok. Really? There is no resort shop but at the property front 300 yards away you will find sun lotion for $25/ bottle. You read that right. Washer dryers didn't work. Oh hah ha we didn't plug them in. C'mon reaaaaally?
So for the price( $80/person added on island tax over the trip advisor stated , btw) I'm swimming upstream a bit next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Wireless Internet access is free in the rooms and public areas. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and tranquility of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Sandyport Marina Village on the Resort's doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandyport Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau